dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Get the running game fixed. They have been too soft on the line. Do what you have to get that corrected. Use the bye week to bench Long and re-shuffle the line. Unfortunately they have to work with Leno, I don't think we have a better option at LT. What's so great about this Heistand fellow, again?

And can someone please tell Monty that when he sees a hole to hit it hard instead of trying to cut instead. I like him but he's tries too hard to make a hole instead of running through the one that's already there. Now don't get me wrong cause there's rarely a hole created by our o-line but i've seen him make some runs where he should of just kept running straight through a hole but instead almost looks for contact instead.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
:unsure:...an offensive line, a quarterback, and a running back...can we get all that during the bye!?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Based on the Leno thread, I think it’s been figured out. These guys are getting laid too much.
The Bears need to fill their sacks up with seman and get aggressive!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears are going to be up against the cap next season and need all the picks they can get to re-tool. There is no one out there that the Bears can simply trade a pick for mid-season and have it make a big difference. 5th round though is a perfect round to draft some oline competition that will be cheap and under contract for 4 years. If they were just "one trade away" then sure, I'd endorse trading a pick. Clearly they aren't though.

^^^^ that is the unfortunate truth.
Growth on the offense did not happen as we hoped... there is no sense throwing a wrench in to the next phase of rebuilding by trading for people that wont help long term.
Stick it out and blow up the o next year and hope the new direction pays dividends before the defense ages out.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Is saying "Get the running game fixed" similar to saying "Get better QB play"?

Absolutely. Just grab the run game, and fix it. Like a leaky faucet. Stop calling the plays that don't work, start calling the ones that do. It's as simple as that. /s

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Beat the Saints and Chargers at home. No one would say the top defense in the league isn’t playoff-bound at 5-2.

By the way, the Bears will be favored in both those games.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Why does every thread break out into a cat fight between posters?

Anywho, the O line has to be better. They have been dreadful this year and have been the worst position group on the team and it's not particularly close.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Beat the Saints and Chargers at home. No one would say the top defense in the league isn’t playoff-bound at 5-2.

By the way, the Bears will be favored in both those games.

They will not be favored against the Saints.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They will not be favored against the Saints.

Godshew beats the Saints in Jacksonville.

The 4-2 Saints with a suddenly human-looking Teddy Bridgewater come into Soldier against the 3-2 Bears.

Hey, who knows what happens. But if the Saints lose to Jacksonville, I feel good about the Bears being betting favorites for the following game.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
And can someone please tell Monty that when he sees a hole to hit it hard instead of trying to cut instead. I like him but he's tries too hard to make a hole instead of running through the one that's already there. Now don't get me wrong cause there's rarely a hole created by our o-line but i've seen him make some runs where he should of just kept running straight through a hole but instead almost looks for contact instead.

Wish it was that easy. Don't know what holes you're seeing, on almost every play his first contact is behind the LOS, and too often it's an Oline man's back.
He's breaking a tackle behind the line, one more at the line to gain 3 yards. Any space at all and he'll produce. Dive plays from the shotgun ain't gonna cut it.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wish it was that easy. Don't know what holes you're seeing, on almost every play his first contact is behind the LOS, and too often it's an Oline man's back.
He's breaking a tackle behind the line, one more at the line to gain 3 yards. Any space at all and he'll produce. Dive plays from the shotgun ain't gonna cut it.
to be fair, duhBears70 did say that he wished Montgomery would find and see the holes but that there weren't any holes but if there were any holes, duhBears70 wished Montgomery would find and see said holes

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You know what can help the season? Hot chicks!

Yeah, get a bunch of hot chicks out there. Make them like cheerleaders, but more slutty!

giphy.gif

F football, I'm going to the strip club...

Serious football answer - Adjust the offense to play some smash mouth football. Last year Seattle was amazing terrible at pass protection. They over committed to running the ball. On 1st down they ran. 2nd down still ran. 3rd and long, ran again. It was sometimes painful to watch, but they were just trying to get their OL working together and typically that type of chemistry is built through power football, which just happens to wear down pass rushers. The real question is does Nagy have some power run game in his playbook?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
You know what can help the season? Hot chicks!

Yeah, get a bunch of hot chicks out there. Make them like cheerleaders, but more slutty!

giphy.gif

F football, I'm going to the strip club...

Serious football answer - Adjust the offense to play some smash mouth football. Last year Seattle was amazing terrible at pass protection. They over committed to running the ball. On 1st down they ran. 2nd down still ran. 3rd and long, ran again. It was sometimes painful to watch, but they were just trying to get their OL working together and typically that type of chemistry is built through power football, which just happens to wear down pass rushers. The real question is does Nagy have some power run game in his playbook?
Apparently not....I’m starting to fear that Nagy is just another gimmick coach...

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Ride the year out. Draft a QB. Kick the tires on Foles.

Great idea considering that the number 2 overall draft pick has had ONE season of relevant development. Before that it was John Fox's offense and now the offensive line and overall system is garbage suddenly.

But yes let's get back on the quarterback revolving door after one relevant season because that revolving door has worked out so well for the Bears for the last 60 years.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Great idea considering that the number 2 overall draft pick has had ONE season of relevant development. Before that it was John Fox's offense and now the offensive line and overall system is garbage suddenly.

But yes let's get back on the quarterback revolving door after one relevant season because that revolving door has worked out so well for the Bears for the last 60 years.
I don't know why people can't figure this out. You want to know why the QB's, RB's and the playcalling look bad. It is because of the shit OL. If you go back and look at the good seasons we have had in the last 20 years it has generally been when the OL was average to good. This OL can't even block a 3 man rush for fucks sake. This doesn't mean this offense would become a top of league offense if we fix the OL but at worst it would would be at least competent, right now it isn't even that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You say "Almost on every play" and i said "Now don't get me wrong cause there's rarely a hole created by our o-line" so it seems like we're both saying the same thing. I've been making it very clear every week that our run blocking is horrible but i have seen holes that he could of hit but instead would try to make a cut instead of just trying to hit that hole. They might not be the biggest holes but the good RB's don't need much of a hole to make something positive out of that hole.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't know why people can't figure this out. You want to know why the QB's, RB's and the playcalling look bad. It is because of the shit OL. If you go back and look at the good seasons we have had in the last 20 years it has generally been when the OL was average to good. This OL can't even block a 3 man rush for fucks sake. This doesn't mean this offense would become a top of league offense if we fix the OL but at worst it would would be at least competent, right now it isn't even that.

Yeah nobody has said anything about the o-line being a big part of the problem on here. Have you not spent much time on here this year because we talk about it all the time?

Last edited:

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Yeah nobody has said anything about the o-line being a big part of the problem on here. Have you not spent much time on here this year because we talk about it all the time.
Plenty of people still put to much blame on the QB, RB, and playcalling. This fucking forum is littered with threads about this shit while saying yeah the OL is bad but putting more blame on other areas. All the Trubisky threads are an example of this. I would say 80% of the offensive problems this year is due to the line. With QB, RB and WR's/TE's not getting open taking the other 20%.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Plenty of people still put to much blame on the QB, RB, and playcalling. This fucking forum is littered with threads about this shit while saying yeah the OL is bad but putting more blame on other areas. All the Trubisky threads are an example of this. I would say 80% of the offensive problems this year is due to the line. With QB, RB and WR's/TE's not getting open taking the other 20%.

You gotta remember where you're posting though. This is CCS which might have more trolls/clowns/morons on it then people that actually understand the game of football and not just what they see on tv or when they check the stats after the game, and some people want to make sure that everyone on here knows they hate Trubisky or many other players and after Trubisky or any other player has a bad game they will spend that whole next week going to every thread and making new threads to remind everyone that they didn't like Trubisky or whatever other player because they somehow seem to think it makes them look like they know more then people that actually have had jobs playing or coaching or working in the front office in the NFL when really nobody on here has ever even sniffed anything NFL.

I'd switch up your percentages a little but definitely agree that the o-line is a big problem right now.