Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Dalton is putting up 250 yards and roughly 2 TDs a game...are you going to be vocal about starting Fields around week 7 or 8?
If we or 0-7 or anything under .500, absolutely

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don’t see how the people upstairs would force Nagy to not play a guy. Especially when his job is on the line. There’s no way they’re promising Nagy job security if he just plays Dalton no matter what. And there’s no chance Dalton is taking this team anywhere. And there’s no way Nagy isn’t gone if they don’t win. It’s just not happening.
I don’t see how anybody would actually listen to the people upstairs. They are not the football genius types

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I could totally be wrong, but the way I've always perceived this is Nagy putting all the media heat on himself to spare the team and Fields a bunch of controversy during the time period ramping into the season and possibly into the beginning of it. Especially since he came out w/ this position pretty much immediately with no actual evaluation.

By saying "Dalton is our starter" week one, it kind of takes a lot of the wind out of the media's sails to make Fields a constant talking point. Even though they still do it to some degree, and Nagy keeps saying the same thing.

If the coaching staff decides he's ready to go week 1, all Nagy has to do is say "I was wrong, Justin is more NFL ready than we thought" and no one cares what he's been saying since draft day.

Or maybe he's really got it stuck in his head that since it worked out in KC, that it will in Chicago. Even though those are two totally different situations.

Shrug.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Dalton does not matter to me. Even if he's 6-0 with 300 yards per game and a 150 passer rating, I don't care. Dalton is on a 1-year deal. Even if he is playing at an MVP level, the Bears aren't going to go forward with a 35-year old QB who you would then have to pay double digit millions to retain. When Fields is ready, Fields should play independent of Dalton. The future is more important than the present.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I fully expect that if Fields comes into camp and looks like the fucking football messiah, that Dalton will still start.

We're talking about the Chicago Bears. They ain't playing 4D chess, they're playing checkers.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Dalton was promised he would be the starter when he agreed to come to Chicago. He said he had offers from other teams but chose Chicago because he was promised he would start. They won't go back on their word now, that would look really bad in future negotiations. I think Dalton gets week one and two and we will see from there.

LOL! That was before they drafted Fields. If Dalton can't figure out by now that the better player will play then fuck him! And he's on a one year deal, so who gives a fuck if he gets upset if he doesn't start.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Dalton was promised he would be the starter when he agreed to come to Chicago. He said he had offers from other teams but chose Chicago because he was promised he would start. They won't go back on their word now, that would look really bad in future negotiations. I think Dalton gets week one and two and we will see from there.
You are joking about the bolded, right?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If we look at Nagy's history, I would say that he is not completely afraid of making a QB change.

Trubisky was decent in 2018, mainly because of mobility, and went into 2019 with high hopes
Trubisky struggled in 2019, but we had no back-up better than him, so he stayed in.
Trubisky was struggling in 2020, and got pulled for Foles, who looked like the hero in relief.
Foles looked like crap as the starter and was pulled to put Trubisky back in