What is the reason for literally only one starter from the defense being at the OATs?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

What is the reason for literally only one starter from the defense being at the OATs?​

I believe they have come out and confirmed it was due to the other 10 not being present. But I haven't independently confirmed that.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My brain hurts from reading "literally" every other freaking word. Other than that I have no problem with the question around defensive leadership.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Yep. Punctuation is important.
Sorry to regretfully have to apologize but my voice 2 text on my phone doesn't really put the punctuation where you maybe perhaps would like it to be but I'm a busy boy so I literally don't have all the time in the world to go back into my posts and edit for your punctuation experience needs buddy

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sorry to regretfully have to apologize but my voice 2 text on my phone doesn't really put the punctuation where you maybe perhaps would like it to be but I'm a busy boy so I literally don't have all the time in the world to go back into my posts and edit for your punctuation experience needs buddy
Jesper slacking off on the jobsite again?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Jesper slacking off on the jobsite again?
I'm not of the mood currently to be speaking to or discussing any of my mom's boyfriend or ex boyfriends right now plus it has literally zero to do with bears football thank you

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's literally just fine really because 1. If you could have walked in my two shoes for the life I have walked in them then you would be experienced in being called "annoying" "Special person" and all sorts and types of variations of these terms so it literally becomes background noise at a certain point and plus 2. Autism comes with a blessing of not really caring like most types of people care about what other people care about them or don't care so it's literally water off a ducks back-side when people call me a annoying Special person because I couldn't literally care less at this point in life plus 3. I am well-skilled in various martial art forms so if someone wants to literally press my buttons they're pressing their luck that they can go beyond hurtful hateful resentful disrespectful words and acturally get worked ?.
I think we should fight for Asbergers supremacy on CCS in Logan Square, and members should pay $25 for viewing (5$ for blue line, and $10 for group lunch, so 2 Jackson's total), and we'll make a little event of it and award a silicone Elon Musk mask as the trophy, and split the purse 65/35 W/L.

Last edited:

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's probably more of a protest against the 17th game. Frankly, I don't blame the players here. If you add more games, you should concede more time off for the players. That only seems fair.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I get this. For what it's worth, I am high IQ but couldn't care less about punctuation on message boards or texts to friends.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Super bowl winning head coach Bruce Arians is with you @VashalasX . Great minds think alike...

The Buccaneers have been light on veteran players during the voluntary portion of their offseason program. On Tuesday, Arians said he’s been happy with what he’s seen from the 40 or so players that have been participating in organized team activities but that he thinks some of the players who have been missing may be missing some writing on the wall.

“These guys out here are working their ass off,” Arians said, via Greg Auman of TheAthletic.com. “I’d like to see about 10 more of them that are fighting for jobs that they don’t know they’re fighting for.”

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Player revolt until Fields is named starter

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is sort of a non issue we have a bunch of old overpaid vets on defense that really don’t need to be at OTAs. They will be fine. I’d have liked to see the young secondary guys out there and fatass Goldman who took a year off.

The new DC does have me worried. They shared a zoom video of Nagy talking trash to the defense saying they are going to score on them all day. Then he called on Desai to ask what he thought about that and he said “oh yeah you’re right” or something to that effect basically agreeing with Nagy. A player had to step up and say “no he isn’t!” Basically this guy either was not paying attention or completely uncomfortable speaking to large groups at this point. He will be a work in progress but hopefully he does develop into something.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only people I would have an issue not showing up to an OTA on defense are the guys who I question should be starting this year... But since no one's spot on Defense even looks like like it will be taken by anyone, I'm not shocked by it. They have no reason to feel like they need to compete, outside of maybe Trufant and anyone trying to start at CB unless your name is Jaylon Johnson.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trufant, Vildor, Gipson, those guys are there and those are the ones we need there.