1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My hobbies are, collecting guitars, football cards and debt

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My hobbies are, collecting guitars, football cards and debt

I have a couple of guitars and an old bass. Nothing special, I just need to get them out and practice more.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have a couple of guitars and an old bass. Nothing special, I just need to get them out and practice more.

Just started messing around again on the guitar I've got. I was never really good at it so I'm going back to basics. Really is a nice escape.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You got an amp to go with them?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just started messing around again on the guitar I've got. I was never really good at it so I'm going back to basics. Really is a nice escape.
Did you get that guitar or amp we were talking about?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Did you get that guitar or amp we were talking about?

No to either. I've essentially decided to buy the amp you linked after I looked into it sometime in the near future. I'm not planning on selling out stadiums any time soon so a practice amp that doubles as a bluetooth speaker with all the features it has is absolutely perfect. I have an amp around here somewhere but it's shit.

The guitar, I haven't exactly decided on what I want yet, but either way it's going to take some saving and I have to make sure I take care of other priorities first. I was getting pretty close to a purchase and ultimately decided it might not be the best idea financially at the moment. Hopefully early next year I can get one. I'd like to purchase an acoustic at some point too. My cousin used to have one and I always loved fooling around on it.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No to either. I've essentially decided to buy the amp you linked after I looked into it sometime in the near future. I'm not planning on selling out stadiums any time soon so a practice amp that doubles as a bluetooth speaker with all the features it has is absolutely perfect. I have an amp around here somewhere but it's shit.

The guitar, I haven't exactly decided on what I want yet, but either way it's going to take some saving and I have to make sure I take care of other priorities first. I was getting pretty close to a purchase and ultimately decided it might not be the best idea financially at the moment. Hopefully early next year I can get one. I'd like to purchase an acoustic at some point too. My cousin used to have one and I always loved fooling around on it.
I have started a little savings for the amp because the wife said I shouldn’t buy it outright now because of the way work is going with the virus crap. An acoustic guitar is great to have because you can take it outside while sitting around the fire. Don’t laugh but I bought my acoustic from Target for 88 dollars......I have had it for 12 years and it plays like a Taylor or Martin. I giggle every time one of my buddies who play professional ask me where I got it from.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have started a little savings for the amp because the wife said I shouldn’t buy it outright now because of the way work is going with the virus crap. An acoustic guitar is great to have because you can take it outside while sitting around the fire. Don’t laugh but I bought my acoustic from Target for 88 dollars......I have had it for 12 years and it plays like a Taylor or Martin. I giggle every time one of my buddies who play professional ask me wherever I got it from.

It's funny, ever since I started looking, I'm getting a bunch of em popping up in FB marketplace. Some dude was selling a Yamaha for like $50 and I kind of wanted to look at it. Seems too good to be true.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I also purchased a Fender Squire Stratocaster from guitar center. It came with a small 10 watt practice amp. The guitar is very nice all I did was a little maintenance and it plays fine

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's funny, ever since I started looking, I'm getting a bunch of em popping up in FB marketplace. Some dude was selling a Yamaha for like $50 and I kind of wanted to look at it. Seems too good to be true.
I get the ads on here for sweetwater and guitar center

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You got an amp to go with them?

I do not. Both guitars are acoustic, one is acoustic electric but no amp is necessary to play it of course. I haven't owned an electric guitar in over a decade.

The bass is electric, but it really isn't anything to gawk at it's a beat up 3/4 yellow fender, probably the most basic of all base guitars. One day I will find an amp for it, but I am not in a hurry. Honestly if I wanted to start learning bass again I would lean towards figuring out how to run it through my computer and just skip the amp entirely.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I do not. Both guitars are acoustic, one is acoustic electric but no amp is necessary to play it of course. I haven't owned an electric guitar in over a decade.

The bass is electric, but it really isn't anything to gawk at it's a beat up 3/4 yellow fender, probably the most basic of all base guitars. One day I will find an amp for it, but I am not in a hurry. Honestly if I wanted to start learning bass again I would lean towards figuring out how to run it through my computer and just skip the amp entirely.

Pretty sure you just need a cord with a usb at the end.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

My son was showing me how to use my iPad with the garage band app to play a drum beat thru my amp to help play songs. He started out on bass but now he is playing guitars more.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I get the ads on here for sweetwater and guitar center

Sweetwater was where I was looking. My buddy swears by them. Probably will end up taking a road trip. In the end, I'll likely get a few guitars lol.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sweetwater was where I was looking. My buddy swears by them. Probably will end up taking a road trip. In the end, I'll likely get a few guitars lol.
I bought a pedal board from Reverb, they are decent site and they have people selling guitars on there as well

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I am sure it is that simple today.

I only know that because there's a game called Rocksmith that has that cord. It's like guitar hero but you plug in your actual guitar and play along.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recently started playing again (poorly) and I dug of my old acoustic I bought in 90'. I guess I had good taste as a yewt. It's a Takamine Steve Wariner limited edition (signed and numbered). I has solid mahogany back and sides and held-laid abalone shell around the border.
Put new strings on it and it sounds sweet!
Here's a link about them, it's one of 500 made: Products - Steve Wariner - Takamine

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I recently started playing again (poorly) and I dug of my old acoustic I bought in 90'. I guess I had good taste as a yewt. It's a Takamine Steve Wariner limited edition (signed and numbered). I has solid mahogany back and sides and held-laid abalone shell around the border.
Put new strings on it and it sounds sweet!
Here's a link about them, it's one of 500 made: Products - Steve Wariner - Takamine

Takamine's been popping up all over FB marketplace since I started searching. A buddy of mine introduced me to Justinguitar.com and it's a pretty damn good site. Few songs that I used to know how to play are on there, but he also has vids for guitar lessons from beginners on up (I believe, still going through the site). Wish I had all these resources when I started. I also wish I never stopped.

Funny enough, he has songs on there and teaches you how to play them and one of them is Johnny Cash's version of Hurt, which I fucking love. Never realized the first couple chords are identical to Put Your Lights On, which was something my cousin and I used to jam back in the day, he just picks the chord differently.