What the Biggest Problem?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
What the biggest issue with the team? In my opinion the coaches seem to be trying to coach the scheme but not accounting for not having the players to do it. On both sides of the ball its like yeah, thats a good play but yo ass should know know____________________ cant block that long. Same thing on D, the scheme only works if ya have guys that can get to the ball. Someone brought up Fangio on another post. He came in and coached the guys he had, not try and make the guys fit into what he coached.

Whats your biggest problem?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Problem is, Gesty wasted his load at da fucking senior bowl. all 10 points. give him time to reload m8

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I'll go with the head coach. I was not a fan of hiring a defensive minded HC. Flus has zero presence. He has zero charisma. I have no idea what type of culture or identify he is trying to build. If they Bears win 3 or 4 games this year Poles absolutely must fire Flus.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll go with the head coach. I was not a fan of hiring a defensive minded HC. Flus has zero presence. He has zero charisma. I have no idea what type of culture or identify he is trying to build. If they Bears win 3 or 4 games this year Poles absolutely must fire Flus.
What does “charisma” have to do with being a head coach? 2 of the greatest football coaches of all time have zero “charisma.” (Saban & Belichek)
I’m not defending Flus here but I don’t give a shit about their “charisma”

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the biggest issue with the team? In my opinion the coaches seem to be trying to coach the scheme but not accounting for not having the players to do it. On both sides of the ball its like yeah, thats a good play but yo ass should know know____________________ cant block that long. Same thing on D, the scheme only works if ya have guys that can get to the ball. Someone brought up Fangio on another post. He came in and coached the guys he had, not try and make the guys fit into what he coached.

Whats your biggest problem?
both trenches PERIOD, If you throw shit between 2 pieces of bread, you still have a shit sandwich no matter how hard you try and cover it up

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Honestly think there are multiple issues that by themselves would be severe problems but in combination become 3-14 team killers. You have a QB that might not be able to be a winning QB at the NFL level, but if he can be it will require a strong OL to buy him time to make reads/let long routes develop. You have a GM who either doesnt realize that or does but thinks he can build a strong OL by penny pinching. You have a new OC whose biggest accomplishment is being a HOF QBs QB coach and may not know how to call a successful offense for 4 quarters beyond "let your HOF QB throw it a bunch and eventually points happen". You have a bad DC who specializes in a defense that requires pressure from the front 4 without blitzing, but have constructed a front 4 that cant pressure the QB. You have a first time defensive minded HC on a team that wants to be built for shootouts. You have ownership who just want to pay someone to tell them the right answer but then dont have the critical thinking to question if the consultant from IND telling you to hire one of his coaches from IND is actually the best thing for the CHI Bears. Theres a lot going wrong and there's no synergy between any of the pieces.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
1. Unable to find talent
2. Lack of understanding and prioritizing positions on the field that build the foundation
3. Unable to develop players to get the best out of them
4. Lack of a willingness to hold players accountable for mistakes and poor effort
5. Being willfully stubborn on in game adjustments

Within these pillars there are more specific examples but this is it in a nutshell.

cd35

Liked Posts:
There's one cause, the rest are just symptoms. It's ownership. Which, if you still expect anything different, well that's on you. How people don't notice the same thing happens over and over is beyond me. Ownership is completely inept and does not know how to even pick a front office, never mind knowing anything about football. The inept front offices translate into the inability to pick legitimate coaches and then players, rinse and repeat. They get above average once in awhile by luck.

Even if you're not really that interested, how you can own a team this long and still not learn and understand the very basics is beyond pathetic.

If you look at it as a comedy and don't get upset over it, it is pretty funny.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
George Mccaskey knows fuck all about football and has no clue what he is doing.. Pace should of been shown the door years before he was.. and now Poles might be just as bad but because George allowed Pace to hang around and decimate the team, now it will take a few years to find out about Poles.. and if after a few years Poles is just as bad.. expect an extension for Poles.. rinse and repeat

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Phil Emery was bad, Ryan Pace was probably worse and now Ryan Poles is basically rock bottom. You really cannot find a GM worse than this. Kids playing franchise mode on Madden could do better.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
How about hire a GM with experience?

Can't because those guys know the Bears are a Mom and Pop run bullshit organization.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
What does “charisma” have to do with being a head coach? 2 of the greatest football coaches of all time have zero “charisma.” (Saban & Belichek)
I’m not defending Flus here but I don’t give a shit about their “charisma”
Charisma is overrated and isn't needed for leadership or results.