What the Biggest Problem?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
How about hire a GM with experience?

Can't because those guys know the Bears are a Mom and Pop run bullshit organization.
Because the guys with experience who are available are available for a reason. Very rare that teams let good GM's go, not saying it never happens but its rare. Everyone is flying blind with GM's, its hard to know who sucks and who doesn't until they are actually doing the job.

Its honestly fine that they hired Ryan Poles. I don't know why they did, but there must have been some reason, but you don't know. Now though, its clear the guy is atrocious and needs to go. Don't make the same mistake you made with Ryan Pace and let him linger. Though to be fair Pace at least held 2018 as some indication of what he could do. There's no fool's gold season like that coming to buy Poles two or three extra years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The GM is cartoonishly bad. He designed this mess.

On the field the offensive line is so atrocious that nothing else really matters.
They were busy picking up lbs instead of fixing both lines. Guy is in way over his head. Not to mention marineli 2.0 is the hc. It’s a top to bottom mess all cause George wanted weak men to stroke his ego

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They were busy picking up lbs instead of fixing both lines. Guy is in way over his head. Not to mention marineli 2.0 is the hc. It’s a top to bottom mess all cause George wanted weak men to stroke his ego
I am pretty sure this was Ryan Poles thinking that he had some unique ability to buy low and find offensive line talent hat other people were sleeping on. He didn't view this all as neglect, just all part of his plan.

So far not so good.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Justin Fields is the problem...if one can't see it now, then that's on you. He brings down the whole offense. HE MAKES THE O-LINE LOOK BAD. The guy isn't capable of being an NFL QB. Same mistakes. Sit there and WAIT for the receiver to get open, instead of throwing to a spot where the receiver is going to be. Almost 4 seconds he held the ball on the INT TD return. On the sack Whitehair "gave up"....Mooney WIDE THE F**K OPEN down the middle. The 3rd & goal pass to Kmet, who was COVERED LIKE A BLANKET, went incomplete. I mean, seriously, what the f**K was Fields looking at? Fields doesn't have it, won't have it and never will have it. Wish I was wrong. But Getsy is a very close 2nd. Especially the 1st & goal at the 8. 3 f**king passes....2 to kmet and the 3rd looked as if it was going to kmet. What the f**k is with these Bears coaching not at least trying 1 run?....kind of worked later in the game with RoJo. When did the NFL get so cute in goal line play calling? Makes me sick following this "team".

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
This team was not prepared.

Lots of botched coverages. Poor execution on offense, even on half the run plays.

Bears needed a quick pass game. They should have expected Fields was not going to have much time to pass. Rogers was the best against blitzes. How about teach that to Fields.

Can't live on the bubble and jail break screen game. Packers prepared.

Need some drop back screens and the team needs to be proficient in the short pass game.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Justin Fields is the problem...if one can't see it now, then that's on you. He brings down the whole offense. HE MAKES THE O-LINE LOOK BAD. The guy isn't capable of being an NFL QB. Same mistakes. Sit there and WAIT for the receiver to get open, instead of throwing to a spot where the receiver is going to be. Almost 4 seconds he held the ball on the INT TD return. On the sack Whitehair "gave up"....Mooney WIDE THE F**K OPEN down the middle. The 3rd & goal pass to Kmet, who was COVERED LIKE A BLANKET, went incomplete. I mean, seriously, what the f**K was Fields looking at? Fields doesn't have it, won't have it and never will have it. Wish I was wrong. But Getsy is a very close 2nd. Especially the 1st & goal at the 8. 3 f**king passes....2 to kmet and the 3rd looked as if it was going to kmet. What the f**k is with these Bears coaching not at least trying 1 run?....kind of worked later in the game with RoJo. When did the NFL get so cute in goal line play calling? Makes me sick following this "team".
Can you imagine watching yesterday's game and putting it all on the QB. Lol.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Sevvy......I dislike your dislike......lol.......Fields will never be the answer.....I hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sevvy......I dislike your dislike......lol.......Fields will never be the answer.....I hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.
I changed it to a Harold for you.

I feel like we have a large list of problems. He's on the list. He's not at the top of the list. And he wasn't at the top of the list yesterday.

TRACEISTHEPLACE

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There's one cause, the rest are just symptoms. It's ownership. Which, if you still expect anything different, well that's on you. How people don't notice the same thing happens over and over is beyond me. Ownership is completely inept and does not know how to even pick a front office, never mind knowing anything about football. The inept front offices translate into the inability to pick legitimate coaches and then players, rinse and repeat. They get above average once in awhile by luck.

Even if you're not really that interested, how you can own a team this long and still not learn and understand the very basics is beyond pathetic.

If you look at it as a comedy and don't get upset over it, it is pretty funny.
YES ORGANIZATIONAL IS IT! but a team any team has to do something well and you can't count there rushing as something they do well quarterback scrambles isn't true rushing , Ever since lovie left the bears struggle with every phase of the game no coach has established one thing to work off of, Just to make you ashamed to be a bear fan!

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The coaching staff was convinced that all they needed to do was see enough in 7 on 7 against Indy and that would tell them they were ready for the season. So it's hard for me to see past the coaches.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
The bottom line. We all know Bears are not talented team but both OC and DC failed at their jobs to adopt/adjust to players skills. Fields should be 'moved' more and not forced to be a statue. On defense, there should be blitzes a specially on 3rd downs and inexperienced QB. What the hell happened to the Flus H.I.T.S principle BS. I guess it is no longer important because it dont work.. ;)

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I changed it to a Harold for you.

I feel like we have a large list of problems. He's on the list. He's not at the top of the list. And he wasn't at the top of the list yesterday.
I agree there's a list of problems.....imo.....he's at the top of the list.....we'll have to agree to disagree........I WANT TO BE WRONG!!!.....not to be condescending, but I have been watching BAD f**king football by this organization longer than most of you have been alive. Its just that I am f**king tired of it!!!

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Btw Sevvy......I'm ignorant of the term 'Harold' .....what's the meaning, please?

Liked Posts:
Biggest issues are a combination of the DL/DC. Not being able to stop the run and not being able to create pressure on opposing QBs.

The other major issue is at QB. So many people on this board are saying that it’s the oline, the offensive coordinator, the skill players that’s dragging down Fields but at this point I’m thinking it vice versa.

Another thread posted a small breakdown of several of the plays and receivers were being schemed open, Fields just seems incapable of processing sufficiently. The pick 6 in particular just brought into sharp relief how poor his decision making is at times.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Btw Sevvy......I'm ignorant of the term 'Harold' .....what's the meaning, please?

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The bottom line. We all know Bears are not talented team but both OC and DC failed at their jobs to adopt/adjust to players skills. Fields should be 'moved' more and not forced to be a statue. On defense, there should be blitzes a specially on 3rd downs and inexperienced QB. What the hell happened to the Flus H.I.T.S principle BS. I guess it is no longer important because it dont work.. ;)
That HITS principal, and other rah rah concepts like it, is a concept for HS and Div 2 college teams. When it fails at the pro level it actually turns bad on the coach who tries to promote it. To me its, "hey player you're making big money, you either bust your ass, make plays, or I'm cutting you tomorrow, because it's either your job or mine, so get your ass going NOW!!!"