What the Biggest Problem?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah Brock Purdy really elevating the team that has lead the league in YAC for 5 years.
Deebo was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
McCaffrey was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
Kittle was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
Williams was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.

That is 4 all pros on one offense with one of the top 2-3 offensive head coaches in the league and that doesn't even include the leagues #1 defense headlined by the reigning defensive player of the year.

Some QBs get put into favorable situations. Others have to play for the Bears.
also this is a dumb argument because Fields intended air yards was 2.9 and had 129 yac vs Purdy IAY was 7.9 with 54YAC.. so back to the drawing board

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
He was wide open
I have so many blocked here that I had to press show ignored content to figure out who you were talking about.

Jaire followed Moore most of the day. Saying he was wide open all day just shows complete ignorance on the reality of the game.

Jaire following Moore was not the approach that was taken in 2019 and 2020 when the Pack played the Panthers. The Packers won both those games against the Panthers. Different defensive strategies are used depending upon the opponent.

DJ Moore strikes fear in no one in Green Bay. Not one player on Chicago's roster strikes fear in anyone in Green Bay.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah Brock Purdy really elevating the team that has lead the league in YAC for 5 years.
Deebo was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
McCaffrey was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
Kittle was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
Williams was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.

That is 4 all pros on one offense with one of the top 2-3 offensive head coaches in the league and that doesn't even include the leagues #1 defense headlined by the reigning defensive player of the year.

Some QBs get put into favorable situations. Others have to play for the Bears.
It's just a franchise that has people in charge who know what they are doing.

They have a plan and a vision for every player on the roster, and if they don't know what do with that player they jettison them regardless of draft or contract status. DeForest Bucker, Solomon Thomas, Trey Lance, Mike McGlinchney...it doesn't even matter if they are good. You either fit or you don't.

It is nothing like the Bears at all. With the Bears players get drafted and signed and there's no thought on what to do with them or work to their strengths. And they just never give up, players just get pummelled and misused until there's nothing left to exploit and they get found on the waiver wire.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have so many blocked here that I had to press show ignored content to figure out who you were talking about.

Jaire followed Moore most of the day. Saying he was wide open all day just shows complete ignorance on the reality of the game.

Jaire following Moore was not the approach that was taken in 2019 and 2020 when the Pack played the Panthers. The Packers won both those games against the Panthers. Different defensive strategies are used depending upon the opponent.

DJ Moore strikes fear in no one in Green Bay. Not one player on Chicago's roster strikes fear in anyone in Green Bay.
Of course DJ Moore doesn't strike fear in anyone on Green Bay. Lmao, DJ Moore is like giving a civilization who hasn't invented the wheel yet a bunch of intercontinental ballistic missiles. This whole post you drew up is hilarious because you shouldn't even be butthurt that DJ Moore is running around free thirty yards downfield. It doesn't matter, they couldn't get the ball to him if their lives depended on it.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Of course DJ Moore doesn't strike fear in anyone on Green Bay. Lmao, DJ Moore is like giving a civilization who hasn't invented the wheel yet a bunch of intercontinental ballistic missiles. This whole post you drew up is hilarious because you shouldn't even be butthurt that DJ Moore is running around free thirty yards downfield. It doesn't matter, they couldn't get the ball to him if their lives depended on it.
It's ok that you are embarrassed that I exposed you being completely clueless on how DJ Moore was covered in the game by the Packers defense. He was not "wide open" all day.

Just sit down and take your L Bears fan. You are used to it. I'm trying to be nice.

Have a wonderful evening.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're one more good post from him putting you on ignore. Or faking that he does.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll go with the head coach. I was not a fan of hiring a defensive minded HC. Flus has zero presence. He has zero charisma. I have no idea what type of culture or identify he is trying to build. If they Bears win 3 or 4 games this year Poles absolutely must fire Flus.
If it is possible to have negative charisma, flus has it. Right now there seems to be a popular trend in the meme world to post pictures of your stick (mostly walking sticks) and, lets be real here, those sticks have more charisma than flus right now.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Every issue comes down to the GM.

Bad coaches?

Poles hired them.

Bad trenches?

Poles brought in the wrong players and failed to draft suitable replacements.

There are all sorts of issues, but the buck stops at the GM for responsibility.

What I am curious about is this - how closely is our new Team President keeping an eye on this?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't care what they did elsewhere or what their PFF grades were. I know for a fact, having watched that game, that you really cannot get worse than Darnell Wright and Braxton Jones as your tackles. They are both replacement level players.

This is vintage, dumb ass Montucky

Wright was the only tackle on this list

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
What does “charisma” have to do with being a head coach? 2 of the greatest football coaches of all time have zero “charisma.” (Saban & Belichek)
I’m not defending Flus here but I don’t give a shit about their “charisma”
Andy Reed, currently the best coach in the NFL would beg to differ. Deion Sanders, who is about to shake college football to its core, would beg to differ.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Andy Reed, currently the best coach in the NFL would beg to differ. Deion Sanders, who is about to shake college football to its core, would beg to differ.
Reid has zero charisma. Sanders has won 2 games in division 1. The ability to attract recruits is not “coaching.” Let me know when Sanders wins a natty, then we can chat

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Not sure some of you know the definition of "charisma."

The ability to attract the attention & admiration of others, and be seen as a leader.

I would say that is Nick Saban and Belichick. To be a great leader a person has to have charisma.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think Defensive Line is the biggest issue and it allowed for Jordan Love to be too comfortable in the pocket.

It just took a few big plays and breakdowns that led to scores for GB. As a result the offense felt the pressure of falling behind to your rival at home, and then the turnovers occurred. It all snowballed.

The OLine wasn't great either, but I think Teven Jenkins will make a difference and this group will improve as they become more cohesive.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
I think Defensive Line is the biggest issue and it allowed for Jordan Love to be too comfortable in the pocket.
The Packers have one of the best OLs in the league. That had a lot to do with making the Bears DL look weak.

The Bears are not quite as bad as you imply here. The Packers are just better than you care to admit.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Packers have one of the best OLs in the league. That had a lot to do with making the Bears DL look weak.

The Bears are not quite as bad as you imply here. The Packers are just better than you care to admit.
Justin Fields had a better PFF grade than Boredom Love lololololol

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
The fact that the ENTIRE O-LINE got a penalty on one play says it all. Bad drafting and signings, bad coaching, bad schemes, bad players. It won't get much better until you fix the top. It's like when you go to a restaurant where the food sucks and the waiters are assholes. That's the manager's/owner's fault, not the cooks and waiters. The McCaskey's are useless, and hoping they will mistakenly pick a great GM who picks good staff is like buying lottery tickets.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

I didn't imply the Bears were bad. I actually thought the offense showed signs of healthy improvement. OLine wasn't as smooth as I hoped, but improved and playing against a good Dline. Fields used his checkdowns also, which was something he never did before and should serve him well.

And I am unsure of the Packers OLine. Time will tell. I always assumed the position's previous success had a lot to do with Rodgers knowing when to get rid of the ball.

As far as the Bear's DLine, it was their biggest weakness heading into the offseason and while slightly improved in run support, Love wasn't pressured much. Especially in the 2nd half. It has nothing to do with my perception of GBs OLine and everything to do with what I know about our DLine