What the Biggest Problem?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
After watching some of the Game again, Fields never seemed comfortable and missed three or four wide open guys. He dosent seem like hes ever gonna be a Passing QB in the NFL.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears pressured Jordan Love 6 times
The Packers pressured Justin Fields 26 times (54.2% of his total dropbacks)

26 to 6. That is literally the difference in the game. It says so much about both the oline and the dline.

That is a HUGE problem.

I would also venture to guess that most of Fields' non-pressured dropbacks took place in the first half, when the passing game was almost completely east/west. So the 54.2% of his total dropbacks being pressured is likely misleading due to that. Just pulling thoughts completely out of my asshole, it probably would have been closer to 70+% had Getsy not called so many horizontal plays. Again, totally pulled out of my ass, but totally feasible. And that is fucking scary.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:

26 to 6. That is literally the difference in the game. It says so much about both the oline and the dline.

That is a HUGE problem.

I would also venture to guess that most of Fields' non-pressured dropbacks took place in the first half, when the passing game was almost completely east/west. So the 54.2% of his total dropbacks being pressured is likely misleading due to that. Just pulling thoughts completely out of my asshole, it probably would have been closer to 70+% had Getsy not called so many horizontal plays. Again, totally pulled out of my ass, but totally feasible. And that is fucking scary.

FourAgreements

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

That is a HUGE problem.

Sadly for me, maybe, I agree with 100% of the things you just pulled out of your asshole, as well as the assertion that both lines' play, and scheme, is a major problem. There are problems everywhere, but those I think are the most urgent.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The worst thing to happen was the all 22 being available to everyone. You watch that and someone is always open. No matter who the QB. Fans and media then kill the QB.
And people can kill the QB all they want. And we can put any QB in from Bagent to pulling Brady out of retirement. If a QB is pressured that much, that's a problem. If the gameplan is what it was on Sunday, that's a problem. If suddenly we're down 2-3 scores because our defense can't stop a leak, that's a problem.

If you make a list of all the problems from Sunday, Justin Fields would be maybe 5th or 6th on the list? I don't know, not in the top 3. Getsy's gameplan/personnel decisions/playcalling would make the top 3, as would the performance of the oline. Please fix those things before plugging another QB in and going "Well, he isn't the guy either! EVERY QB IS A BUST!"

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Its not all on the QB but looking at some of the videos posted showing the all22 its way less on the OC after seeing wide open WRs that again Fields is not throwing the ball to

Other than missing Moore on the deep sail and Kmet on the deep Hank route where he completed a pass to the check down both times, what other wIdE oPeN rEcEiVeRs did he miss?

Do you have screenshots like that casual fan you are?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The worst thing to happen was the all 22 being available to everyone. You watch that and someone is always open. No matter who the QB. Fans and media then kill the QB.

Yeah, JT O'Sullivan often talks about this. He even makes fun of clowns like @dbldrew who go all Madden GM with their screenshots.

It's @dbldrew favorite thing to do other than creepily watching teenage girls do gymnastics.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

That is a HUGE problem.

Brock Purdy got pressured 58.8% of the time and still put up a 111.3 rating, 30 points and the W
Pickett got pressured 46% of the time and played like garbage..

Some QBs can elevate everyone around them..

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Just pick anything other than DJ Moore and there is a legitimate argument for worst thing on this team.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Brock Purdy got pressured 58.8% of the time and still put up a 111.3 rating, 30 points and the W
Pickett got pressured 46% of the time and played like garbage..

Okay, so let's keep putting QBs in terrible situations until one rises to the top. Great thinking. That's worked so well for the Bears for the last 70 years or so.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears owner doesn't know how to evaluate anything outside of the win loss column so he needs help hiring new people.
Tanesha Wade helped hire your HC and GM.

That is the genesis of it and the rest doesn't even matter. People who don't know what they're doing make the important decisions and evaluations that lead to this team being irrelevant year after year after year.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The Bears owner doesn't know how to evaluate anything outside of the win loss column so he needs help hiring new people.
Tanesha Wade helped hire your HC and GM.

That is the genesis of it and the rest doesn't even matter. People who don't know what they're doing make the important decisions and evaluations that lead to this team being irrelevant year after year after year.
10000000%

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah Brock Purdy really elevating the team that has lead the league in YAC for 5 years.
Deebo was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
McCaffrey was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
Kittle was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.
Williams was an all pro before Purdy was in the league.

That is 4 all pros on one offense with one of the top 2-3 offensive head coaches in the league and that doesn't even include the leagues #1 defense headlined by the reigning defensive player of the year.

Some QBs get put into favorable situations. Others have to play for the Bears.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah Brock Purdy really elevating the team that has lead the league in YAC for 5 years.

That is 4 all pros on one offense with one of the top 2-3 offensive head coaches in the league and that doesn't even include the leagues #1 defense headlined by the reigning defensive player of the year.

Didn't we just trade at last part of the number 1 overall pick for DJ Moore?

At some point we all have to stop with it's "everyone else's fault" mindset when it comes to the QB..

# no excuses

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Some people just don't fucking get it and never will. Some people literally think that every QB just carves their own destiny no matter what team they're on. No matter how bad the coaching, weapons, oline, entire team, organization, etc. is. If a QB is good enough, he could win a game 22v1. If he has the IT factor. ?

Like all the people pining for Bagent would have been absolutely shocked at how destroyed he would have been on Sunday.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some people just don't fucking get it and never will. Some people literally think that every QB just carves their own destiny no matter what team they're on. No matter how bad the coaching, weapons, oline, entire team, organization, etc. is. If a QB is good enough, he could win a game 22v1. If he has the IT factor. ?

Like all the people pining for Bagent would have been absolutely shocked at how destroyed he would have been on Sunday.
Team leads the league in YAC and goes to a SB before the QB even sets foot in the NFL but yeah, way to elevate one of the best teams in the league! lmaoooooo

The same people calling for Siemian and he was bad. But somehow the offense that didnt score points was so much improved.