What to do at Edge Rusher?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd say there's a good chance that at least one of the teams in front of the Bears gets a QB via trade or free agency as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's already wearing the same colors

d01b0be3-39ae-4b8c-914c-d665d2a87ba1-large16x9_utsadavenport.JPG

I've been all for drafting OLB with our 1st round pick so i'm good with drafting Davenport if Pace/Fangio decide he's worth the pick at #8 or if he's even there at #8 and if not then drafting Edmunds or C.Ferrell or whoever our guys think deserves to be drafted at #8 and then signing a free agent as well to go with L.Floyd and bringing back L.Houston or W.Young. I obviously have B.Chubb as my #1 player for us in this draft so if he somehow is there at #8 then it's a no brainer.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Or maybe Davenport isn't as good as a first round pick?

Exactly. We're all just going off of what some so called draft experts are saying who have him rising way up on their boards but who knows if Pace and Fangio see this guy going top 10 or not. He's raw and needs work and has obviously played against average competition so not sure Pace/Fangio want to draft a kid with a pick that high that still has growing to do when there will be 3 down day one starters sitting there at #8.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Exactly. We're all just going off of what some so called draft experts are saying who have him rising way up on their boards but who knows if Pace and Fangio see this guy going top 10 or not. He's raw and needs work and has obviously played against average competition so not sure Pace/Fangio want to draft a kid with a pick that high that still has growing to do when there will be 3 down day one starters sitting there at #8.

Seems like I maybe misunderstood the post I quoted. It seemed to me that you were pretty dead set on this guy being a top 10 and was criticizing the author of the article for thinking he'd be there in the second. My apologies.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
imo there is no way 4 qbs are going in the first 8 picks...its a weaker qb class that last years...its also doubtful that each of those teams covet a different qb, they may all covet 1-2 guys but when they get picked up early by the giants or browns, teams will go bpa instead leaving less blue chip players when the bears pick.

Remember that most, if not all of these so called draft experts didn't think any of the QB's in last years draft were worth 1st round picks and these GM's and scouts know a hell of a lot more about each of these kids than any of the draft experts do and will get up close and personal with each one they have interest in. The interview process is big for GM's and is something the experts don't get to do with these kids. They don't get to get them in a room and put them on a white board and ask them all the questions that the GM's and scouts do. Big difference in how GM's and scouts see these kids compared to the experts that do most of their predicting from watching tape and games of them.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
But 3rd round picks especially at or near the top of the 3rd round have a pretty good chance at being day one starters in the NFL, and if not day one starters they still have a good chance at eventually being starting players in the NFL, so i take our 3rd round picks as being very valuable. I'm alright with Pace trading away this years 3rd rounder only cause it was traded for our QB.
For the record, I don't expect us to have a high pick next year. Regardless, if Pace values Chubb as a top 3 prospect in this class, especially as a pass rusher, that's EASILY worth trading two mid round picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Seems like I maybe misunderstood the post I quoted. It seemed to me that you were pretty dead set on this guy being a top 10 and was criticizing the author of the article for thinking he'd be there in the second. My apologies.

I have no idea if he or who will be there at #8 or anywhere in the draft obviously but if he's there and Pace/Fangio like the kid then i'm all for drafting him at #8 cause i want OLB in the 1st round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For the record, I don't expect us to have a high pick next year. Regardless, if Pace values Chubb as a top 3 prospect in this class, especially as a pass rusher, that's EASILY worth trading two mid round picks.

Well i don't consider 3rd round picks as mid round picks, i consider 4th and 5th round picks as mid round picks but i might be alone in that. I consider 3rd round picks as high picks because i think you can still find day one starters in the 3rd round in most drafts, and if not day one starters then guys who can start not too long after day one.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reporter doesn't have a clue.

Ansah hasn’t played as an outside linebacker since his college days at BYU, but he has the size (6’6”, 275 pounds) and the athleticism to do so. Aside from his down year in 2016, he has been a productive pass rusher who has been able to stay relatively healthy throughout his career. He will probably cost quite a bit in free agency, but it would be interesting to see how Ansah would fare alongside Leonard Floyd off the edge.

Ansah was injured the majority of 2017 and a shadow of his former self. His stats look respectful only because he had a few games (two and the end of the season) in which he recorded multiple sacks. For long stretch's of the season he just disappeared.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Longacre is a RFA

Ansah is getting tagged.

Gallette got a big contract in NO, got arrested, got cut and then flame threw the entire organization on his way out.

The only remotely interesting suggestion that is made is Kony Ealy.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Good pass rushers rarely become available on the open market.

Draft one early.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good pass rushers rarely become available on the open market.

Draft one early.

This is true.

Sign someone to start or be a top 3 rotation guy [Murphy, Ealy, Okafor] and draft someone high to be a pass rusher and eventually take over full time.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Remember that most, if not all of these so called draft experts didn't think any of the QB's in last years draft were worth 1st round picks and these GM's and scouts know a hell of a lot more about each of these kids than any of the draft experts do and will get up close and personal with each one they have interest in. The interview process is big for GM's and is something the experts don't get to do with these kids. They don't get to get them in a room and put them on a white board and ask them all the questions that the GM's and scouts do. Big difference in how GM's and scouts see these kids compared to the experts that do most of their predicting from watching tape and games of them.

i dont disagree, my point is fox example if the broncos and or jets have rosen and darnold as their top ranked qb's and those guys get drafted 1 and 2, do they take a allen/mayfield that they may not be as high on simply because they need a qb or do you take a barkley, chubb, fitpatrick etc...instead.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Longacre is a RFA

Ansah is getting tagged.

Gallette got a big contract in NO, got arrested, got cut and then flame threw the entire organization on his way out.

The only remotely interesting suggestion that is made is Kony Ealy.

I honestly don't think Ansah will get tagged........

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i dont disagree, my point is fox example if the broncos and or jets have rosen and darnold as their top ranked qb's and those guys get drafted 1 and 2, do they take a allen/mayfield that they may not be as high on simply because they need a qb or do you take a barkley, chubb, fitpatrick etc...instead.

It will be interesting to see what they do and would be great if the guy that most of us want in the draft finally doesn't get drafted before he gets to us especially the pick just before our pick which has happened a couple of times in the recent past.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I honestly don't think Ansah will get tagged........

If it was the Bears in the Lions shoes here i wouldn't want to tag Ansah and that's with us needing pass rush pretty badly. I'd still like to get Ansah at the right price but don't see him signing anywhere on the cheap.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If it was the Bears in the Lions shoes here i wouldn't want to tag Ansah and that's with us needing pass rush pretty badly. I'd still like to get Ansah at the right price but don't see him signing anywhere on the cheap.

lions could tag ansah they have about 50 mill in cap space its not like they have anyone pressing to resign.