What to do at QB in 2021

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Well consider our offensive line vs those.. it would be Special person to expect a rookie to do anything but get worse.
Bullshit. First round QBs have started their rookie year and been elite. It is not until recently that this idea popped up that you should sit them, as if every situation is like Rodgers sitting behind Favre.

You may want to take a second look at some of those o-lines some of those QBs I listed had to play behind.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine watching football again on sundays boyos where the bears could run the ball and a new young qb could be setup for success with a HC who could teach him and formulate gameplans that played ta his strengths while he developed
And a line that could protect him

drewten

Liked Posts:
If a guy is mobile and has a toughness about him he wouldn't be ruined necessarily. But there is added risk throwing rookie QBs to the wolves without a decent supporting cast. Many of the aforementioned players have those attributes, a decent line or both. Having said that this line is scary bad right now but also unlucky with injury.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yep if one whose worth a dams still there this class looks deep at qb and we could snag a developmental guy who could ride the pine and learn while foles started with a improved line
I don’t know man, agree to disagree. If a top rated QB is there, I would take him and go OL 2nd and 3rd if need be

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t know man, agree to disagree. If a top rated QB is there, I would take him and go OL 2nd and 3rd if need be
I hear ya
While i disagree i can see where your coming from
Id just prefer we built from the line out at this point and be able too establish a run game that could help a new young qb and be able too protect a new young qb and not see him running from ghosts every snap inside 2 seasons again

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Imagine watching football again on sundays boyos where the bears could run the ball and a new young qb could be setup for success with a HC who could teach him and formulate gameplans that played ta his strengths while he developed
And a line that could protect him
I want that too-I think the idea I put forth is one way that is doable and can make that happen

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bullshit. First round QBs have started their rookie year and been elite. It is not until recently that this idea popped up that you should sit them, as if every situation is like Rodgers sitting behind Favre.

You may want to take a second look at some of those o-lines some of those QBs I listed had to play behind.
Elite? Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Luck, Ryan..? 4 qbs over what 15 years? That speaks to the talent of those guys. I bet if you polled coaches if they had the choice I bet you almost all would prefer not to start a rookie.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Herbert is on pace for like 4200 yards and 35 TDs lol but yeah, let's continue with the narrative the rookies need 3 years to 'develop' into being a starter.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Love drafting Wilson - hate the rest of your ideas RE QBs. Just dont think hell be around when the Bears pick. But if a guy like that falls I think you have to take him.

Bears need to draft decent tackles - you can get an above average vet OG in the NFL for 9-10 mil a year, an above average tackle costs 12-13m so your team gets a lot of bang for the buck by having decent tackles on rookie salaries. If you draft one in the 1 st round you get 5 years of rookie contract for him, but even a 2nd round contract is 4 years. I guess the only catch is you have to actually draft good ones.

Realistically the Bears do need a QB and 3-4 OL, but fixing the OL helps the running game which also helps the QB. You can then bring in a prospect QB next year or take a long shot on a mid round pick. But knowing that, Pace will probably draft a S or DL or WR or some other dumb shit with his first pick.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Herbert is on pace for like 4200 yards and 35 TDs lol but yeah, let's continue with the narrative the rookies need 3 years to 'develop' into being a starter.
Exactly. God I wished MJ could’ve sat for a year on that crap Bulls team so he could ‘develop.’

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol
They have multiple all pro lineman, he looks good though.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Well consider our offensive line vs those.. it would be Special person to expect a rookie to do anything but get worse.
Have you seen the bengals line? Burrow jist beat the titans a week before the bears played them without a single starter on o line.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Elite? Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Luck, Ryan..? 4 qbs over what 15 years? That speaks to the talent of those guys. I bet if you polled coaches if they had the choice I bet you almost all would prefer not to start a rookie.
You don’t know that at all. Pretty much ALL of the QBs drafted early have started their rookie year, with exceptions. This narrative that it is better to sit rookie QBs just isn’t historically accurate.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol
They have multiple all pro lineman, he looks good though.
Burrow's on pace for 4500 yards an his OL sucks dick.

Granted, I know I'm cherry picking really good QBs here, my point being I just think it is way over exaggerated the whole draft a QB in the first in sit them. NFL teams who find out what they have sooner rather than later are in much better shape. Look at the Bears, fucked around and wasted all this time on Trubisky.

Look at the Cardinals...

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. God I wished MJ could’ve sat for a year on that crap Bulls team so he could ‘develop.’

I used to think that having a rookie sit on the bench to develop was a good strategy. Not anymore. So many QBs are hitting the ground running these days...I think it has a lot to do with private coaches and camps prepping for the pros outside of their normal college football program. Guys are training for years ahead of time all year round.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you seen the bengals line? Burrow jist beat the titans a week before the bears played them without a single starter on o line.
Yeah he’s getting the shit knocked out of him. He’s one I like but wouldn’t be surprised if this eventually catches up with him

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I used to think that having a rookie sit on the bench to develop was a good strategy. Not anymore. So many QBs are hitting the ground running these days...I think it has a lot to do with private coaches and camps prepping for the pros outside of their normal college football program. Guys are training for years ahead of time all year round.
Exactly. QBs are coming in more prepared and ready to pick up an NFL playbook. A ton of young QBs are having success in the NFL.

Sure there are guys you take in the 2nd/3rd for developmental reasons, but if you're drafting a guy in the 1st, he should be able to start.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess rephrase my comment, I wouldn’t start a rookie with what we’re putting out there to protect him. Until that’s upgraded It’s pointless. Just my opinion.

drewten

Liked Posts:
Playing devils advocate here but with certain QBs put in extremely bad situations we will never know what could have been.....David Carr comes to mind. You have to be mindful of putting a potential franchise qb behind a porous offensive line. I think a great qb could play well behind this line. But the odds are even lower that he plays well and actually survives the season.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I guess rephrase my comment, I wouldn’t start a rookie with what we’re putting out there to protect him. Until that’s upgraded It’s pointless. Just my opinion.
That opinion makes more sense. I originally wrote they should shell for a FA T, T in the 2nd, and G/C in the middle rounds.