What to do at QB in 2021

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess rephrase my comment, I wouldn’t start a rookie with what we’re putting out there to protect him. Until that’s upgraded It’s pointless. Just my opinion.
That's fair, most people agree with that.

I think when we start talking QBs in 2021, I am imagining the GM will make some FA signings and draft some young OL (2nd/3rd). Bears will not be trotting out there this same line. Will it be perfect in a year? No, we will be stuck with either Leno or Massie for one more season imo, but it should be better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy are desperate. They are going to make an aggressive move up for one of the top 4 QBs, because it buys them the most time and they don’t care about the future picks.

It is what all of us would do.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy are desperate. They are going to make an aggressive move up for one of the top 4 QBs, because it buys them the most time and they don’t care about the future picks.

I also happen to think it is the right move, depending of course on our draft position and who falls. But as I and many others have said, they also need to develop ways to drastically address the OL, like 3 new starters kind of drastic.

While a new QB may buy them a little time, trotting out a OL next season that in any way resembles this one will not. Picking a QB who busts sucks, but it happens. Doing little to nothing to this OL is reckless and incompetent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My guess is they will sign a starting OLmen and draft at least 2 at some point.

Leno
Daniels
Draft Pick/Free Agent
Whitehair
Free Agent/Draft Pick

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Knowing Pace he’ll make a move up for Trask or Jones while Wilson and Lance are there.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Knowing Pace he’ll make a move up for Trask or Jones while Wilson and Lance are there.

Probably. He is an idiot.

But he won’t wait and cross his fingers and hope a good QB falls into his lap. He needs him this season, not some development mid round loser, because of Foles sucks again...

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Find a way to draft Fields and every other pick in the draft should be O-line

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

But he won’t wait and cross his fingers and hope a good QB falls into his lap. He needs him this season, not some development mid round loser, because of Foles sucks again...
Agreed. He may be an idiot, but he has proven to be an aggressive idiot. He’ll make a move, just likely won’t be the right one.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I agree with all of the above, but foles is going nowhere.

He has a negative cap hit if you cut him. No matter who we pick up, BDN will be here next season.

This is the year to draft a QB in the first and let him sit to develop.

If he was sat I’d be cool with it.

As long as they take a tackle in 2 and next year as well. I think protecting that guy when he steps on the field marks a new Era for the bears. They should do it right.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears history at getting FA Tackles has not been great. Okay, Jon Tate was good, but he came with Fred "Drive Killer" Miller... Then there was Orlando Pace...awhile later came Jermon Bushrod, then Massie.
I am sure I am missing some real "Gems" in this too. Not to fond of the Bears track record here. every draft should have at least 1-2 O-Linemen taken, imo.
Also, a Project QB every 1-2 drafts would be good.
Stop drafting positions that are already stacked 3 deep. #cough, cough Safety RB or WR

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I wish he would considering what Mitch/Miller cost us in trade capital. He gets his guy in a what amounts to a bit of crap shoot and hurts the bar in the process. Time to attack this with draft numbers. His way of drafting and trading doesn't allow for a miss.
1605096290814.png