Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is not a good idea. Former 1st round bust. That guy is worse than Gabriel. He turned it on the last 3 games of this season and was gone for the rest. One of those games he had 3 TDS. I'd only welcome him if he came very cheap.

He had injuries at Baltimore. He was a stud at UCF and the light is starting to go on for him. Players develop at different speeds in the NFL. The idea is to grab him now before he completely blows up. By the way, he turned it on because injuries to Godwin and Evans opened the door for him. Prior to that, he didn’t get many opportunities.

He has 506 yards and 5 TDs over the last 5 weeks of the season. That is more production than Gabriel has had in either of his years here.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He had injuries at Baltimore. He was a stud at UCF and the light is starting to go on for him. Players develop at different speeds in the NFL. The idea is to grab him now before he completely blows up. By the way, he turned it on because injuries to Godwin and Evans opened the door for him. Prior to that, he didn’t get many opportunities.

When you pass the ball to him, toss a coin 52% catch rate... Hard pass. The Bears aren't a fantasy keeper league. They don't have room to stash a 6th year project. I know his game very well watching all the Ravens games here. He is a Diet Gabriel. We need someone with skill from day one. I don't think a light went on for Perrimen. I think Jameis Winston chucked the ball 5000 yards and someone had to get it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When you pass the ball to him, toss a coin 52% catch rate... Hard pass. The Bears aren't a fantasy keeper league. They don't have room to stash a 6th year project. I know his game very well watching all the Ravens games here. He is a Diet Gabriel. We need someone with skill from day one. I don't think a light went on for Perrimen. I think Jameis Winston chucked the ball 5000 yards and someone had to get it.

This has nothing to do with fantasy football. I watched nearly every game he played at UCF. I’ve also been watching him the last several weeks at Tampa. He’s starting to look like a dominant NFL deep threat which has always been in his DNA. His father was an excellent player for the Lions and Perriman is starting to get it. His last 5 weeks of production are better than either season Gabriel has put up for the Bears.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
YAC with our behind the LOS passing attack and no one to block. Lol.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Floyd, Amukamara, Gabriel, Patterson, Long are all reasonable cut candidates without being impact players on offense or defense.

Bears can also do restructures to get money.

I would consider pretty much any other QB that shakes loose. That may be Bridgewater, Brady, Rivers, Fitzpatrick, Foles, Smith, whatever. Just about anyone but Cam for me. Most of these guys are bridge guys, but they at least give Nagy a chance with a QB that has experience reading a defense. If Nagy still plays the same contracted offense and can't get the defense to back up, then we will be on the same page that he probably stinks as a play caller and needs to go.

One of the big things I struggle to get over is how much Nagy's "Be you" play sheet decreased through the season. I have to believe the majority of that is because Mitch wasn't trusted.

The take anybody line says. I'm mad but I just wanna spitball QBs at the problem.

The decrease in plays has everything to do with Mitch and not injuries at RT RG and having the wirst LT in football.

Pressure doesn't force your playcaller to change plays?

Its the QBs fault that he gets immediate pressure and cant throw a pass to an unsuspecting reciever whos not on time in his route? The ball should just get out? He should just create time by constantly running for his career?

This has gone on too long. They playcaller has been hit by injuries. The QB by lack of protection.

We've never seen that fixed. We've seen it disguised with playcalling to make it appear fixed but too many times the ball is out early to take pressure off the o line.

Screens are called to relieve the o line and make defensive ends not push up field too aggressively. The defenses however know that its coming because the o line just sucks.

This is the law of "force majeur" where someone is put into a situation to fail and cannot succed in their contract because they aren't being given the resources to do so.

And unfortunately its been like this since forever.

The Bears have been in a bad drafting situation for over a decade with must hits but havent been able to overcome the depth issues until recently.

Teams normally are built in 4 years to be competitive. With what Angelo did it forced Emery to work with nothing and were just building off of what emory left us. Pace hasnt done great but hes done better than most GMs could given the circumstances.

Its quite possible you dont understand the severity of the situation the bears came from.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Reinvest the Long savings at RG and hope that Leno and Massie rebound to their 2018 forms. Maybe they add a mid-round OT for competition. As I've already covered in another thread the Bears are stuck with Leno and Massie next season contractually. Like it or not they're not going anywhere in 2020.

Nagy committing to the run more it would help out the o-line a lot too.

Re-sign Jordan Howard, add a competent QB with a commitment to the run game and watch the o-line improve.

just because their contracts mean they will be here next season does not mean they should start. Draft an OT in the 2nd and maybe keep Lucas around. May the 2 best win.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The take anybody line says. I'm mad but I just wanna spitball QBs at the problem.

Its quite possible you dont understand the severity of the situation the bears came from.

The thing is, I'm not even mad, I'm curious. I'm confident that Mitch can't read defenses and is prone to fits of inaccuracy. He isn't the guy. I'm not confident that Nagy won't change his offense when he has someone that can do those things. I wouldn't expect many of those players to be much "better" than Trubisky, but I would expect that:

1) If the main reason that the offense is so inept has to do with Mitch and Nagy's trust in him, any of those QBs are superior pocket passers and should give Nagy the tools to run much more of the non-RPO parts of his offense.

2) If Nagy's offense looks the same with quite so many short passes (We all know that there is some of this inherent in the scheme, but it's the only thing being thrown right now) and runs that either can't or won't be adjusted away from unfavorable fronts, then Nagy isn't the guy.

Mitch-Nagy continues to spiral. Any of those guys gives Nagy the ability to demonstrate other aspects of the offense. It isn't really just spitballing, it's just saying that if we want to evaluate Nagy, Mitch clearly won't be the one to help us do that.

Nagy doesn't trust Mitch

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
this is all the Bears need to cover up for the weak link QB

Hall of fame LT
Hall of fame Center
Hall of fame Running back
Hall of fame WR

superbowl 2020 boys

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The thing is, I'm not even mad, I'm curious. I'm confident that Mitch can't read defenses and is prone to fits of inaccuracy. He isn't the guy. I'm not confident that Nagy won't change his offense when he has someone that can do those things. I wouldn't expect many of those players to be much "better" than Trubisky, but I would expect that:

1) If the main reason that the offense is so inept has to do with Mitch and Nagy's trust in him, any of those QBs are superior pocket passers and should give Nagy the tools to run much more of the non-RPO parts of his offense.

2) If Nagy's offense looks the same with quite so many short passes (We all know that there is some of this inherent in the scheme, but it's the only thing being thrown right now) and runs that either can't or won't be adjusted away from unfavorable fronts, then Nagy isn't the guy.

Mitch-Nagy continues to spiral. Any of those guys gives Nagy the ability to demonstrate other aspects of the offense. It isn't really just spitballing, it's just saying that if we want to evaluate Nagy, Mitch clearly won't be the one to help us do that.
This is his offense! It’s dialed down because protection problems.

How do you not understand he has to get it out quick. Throw screens. Roll out.
It’s a huge issue in the offense.

Nagy calls plays that take 5 seconds to develop with a line that gives you 3.5 clean seconds at best.

Tunsil is worth 2 firsts and a second. That should tell you how important LTs are.

we’re protecting our QB with a 6th round pick. Potential low end starter/backup. Grading worst in the league and most penalized

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The decrease in plays has everything to do with Mitch and not injuries at RT RG and having the wirst LT in football.

Pressure doesn't force your playcaller to change plays?

Its the QBs fault that he gets immediate pressure and cant throw a pass to an unsuspecting reciever whos not on time in his route? The ball should just get out? He should just create time by constantly running for his career?

This has gone on too long. They playcaller has been hit by injuries. The QB by lack of protection.

We've never seen that fixed. We've seen it disguised with playcalling to make it appear fixed but too many times the ball is out early to take pressure off the o line.

Screens are called to relieve the o line and make defensive ends not push up field too aggressively. The defenses however know that its coming because the o line just sucks.

This is the law of "force majeur" where someone is put into a situation to fail and cannot succed in their contract because they aren't being given the resources to do so.

And unfortunately its been like this since forever.

The Bears have been in a bad drafting situation for over a decade with must hits but havent been able to overcome the depth issues until recently.

Teams normally are built in 4 years to be competitive. With what Angelo did it forced Emery to work with nothing and were just building off of what emory left us. Pace hasnt done great but hes done better than most GMs could given the circumstances.

That just shows you how bad it's been when Pace has done a better job when you compare him to Angelo and Emery. What drives me crazy is that so many here think that someone like Bridgewater or anyone for that matter would make that big of a difference. You got Mitch on the cheap for one more year.....don't piss away that money on a guy past his prime or a guy that gets injured all the time. Without a major upgrade to this offensive front, Teddy would be on a stretcher by game 3. They made a run only because they were virtually injury free in 2018....that doesn't happen very often in the NFL. They didn't make it in 2018, time to move on and finish the job.....I highly doubt Mitch is the answer but he will have to be for one more season. Use the extra money from not having an expensive QB and get some better players up front....don't piss it away on a short term, quick fix. When you can finally draft, sign or trade for a good QB.....have a team waiting for him.

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The other positions matter, I'm not arguing against that. There are also ways to make Trubisky less of a liability.

But he always will be a liability. Do you remember a number of years ago when the Bears were running an 11-up defense for the first 3 or so games of the year? What got them out of that? It wasn't better protection, it was a QB that could make reads to punish the Bears for trying it. QB is the ultimate tide that lifts all ships.

It definitely is but you arent realizing just how bad everything around him is.

Your best offensive player is a WR drafted by another team that you got after he tore his ACL! Imagine what we'd look like without him. No line, no TE, no run game, no 1 or 2 reciever but the QB would still be able to find a way?

At some point you need to be realistic.

We havent had a starting solid consistent TE in 10 -15 years. No LT in 20.

Last edited:

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It definitely is but you arent realizing just how bad everything around him is.

Your best offensive player is a WR drafted by another team that you got after he tore his ACL! Imagine what we'd look like without him. No line, no TE, no run game, no 1 or 2 reciever but the QB wwouldstill be able to find a way?

At some point you need to be realistic.

We havent had a starting solid consostent TE in 10 -15 years. No LT in 20.
I agree, the Bears are clearly deficient at tackle, TE, QB. There's arguments for other positions as well. I've never been arguing against your point that the offense as a whole isn't strong. But Mitch still is bad and needs to go. He makes things look worse than they need to be.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Is he from Chicago? I just want a professional RG.

Both parents are doctors in dekalb. Tough, durable, very technically sound. Actually came out playing C if I recall, then moved over to RG when they drafted Ragnow. 11th ranked G this year I think. I’ve been hoping he’d be available ever since they began using him in a rotation a few months ago.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Mitch played poorlythis year, but the biggest issue is Nagy. They showed a replay of that strip sack TD that was reversed from the end zone and all the routes were run 15-20 yards downfield and the WRs were all in the same place. No wonder Mitch is a deer caught in the headlights with plays like that. That play had zero percent chance of success out of the gate.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
This is his offense! It’s dialed down because protection problems.

How do you not understand he has to get it out quick. Throw screens. Roll out.
It’s a huge issue in the offense.

Nagy calls plays that take 5 seconds to develop with a line that gives you 3.5 clean seconds at best.

Tunsil is worth 2 firsts and a second. That should tell you how important LTs are.

we’re protecting our QB with a 6th round pick. Potential low end starter/backup. Grading worst in the league and most penalized
Saddest thing about this post is that Tunsil was still on the board when we traded up and drafted Leonard Floyd