What will you part with for Prince Fielder?

TheKman84

Liked Posts:
Prince is apparently on the market and is under contract for this year and next year. Rumor has it the Sox could get him for Hudson and Viciedo. I like Carlos Torres at AAA to move into the #5 spot if it means Prince Fielder for a year and a half.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Nothing. He wants more than howard! BS milwaukee can keep him. Man the left handed bat we need is Ichiro!!! He is worth more than these clowns! Tremendous speed. I know he is old. But is great hitter! Id rather give up future prospects for him than Fielder and Dunn who will just leave anyways

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
ZOMG THE WHITE SOX ARE GONNA GET ICHIRO!!!!!!!1111!!!
Keep dreaming. Prince is not the type of player you want to lock up long-term. He sucks at 1st defensively and his girth won't help him once he loses his athleticism. He'll have to be a DH and his power and bat speed will start to decline in his 30s, making him useless.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Hey man go ahead and knock me but im right Ichiro would be better for us than Fielder or Dunn. We would just turn back into the past few years Sox if we add one of those two.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
ZOMG THE WHITE SOX ARE GONNA GET ICHIRO!!!!!!!1111!!!
Keep dreaming. Prince is not the type of player you want to lock up long-term. He sucks at 1st defensively and his girth won't help him once he loses his athleticism. He'll have to be a DH and his power and bat speed will start to decline in his 30s, making him useless.

I've heard he's made huge strides defensively the last few years and is actually borderline average.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard he's made huge strides defensively the last few years and is actually borderline average.
He has limited mobility at 1st and that's all he'll be at 1st, average to below average. As he gets older and his athleticism starts to erode, he'll be a huge liability defensively.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya well if he doesnt wana DH good luck Dunn because thats where your headed i believe and your not even on the same planet as Konerko's defense is concerned

TheKman84

Liked Posts:
I forsee a Ichiro and Chone to the Sox trade in like 7 years. Kenny always gets his guys..it's usually just 5 years too late

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Ya well if he doesnt wana DH good luck Dunn because thats where your headed i believe and your not even on the same planet as Konerko's defense is concerned

thats not saying a lot, konerko aint so great anymore. his only asset is picking balls out of the dirt, and most 1B are above average at that. no range, no arm.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Uh he is a whole lot better..but then again i dont watch fielder

Yeea, Fielder is pretty damn good for his size, he can really move. He'd surprise you if you watch him. I've heard he has worked his ass off on his defense at 1B and it's paid off big time.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
well Id rather have Fielder than Dunn. I like fielder man. But he is gona want alot and well im not sure if reinsdorf will wana pay him 150 mil

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeea, Fielder is pretty damn good for his size, he can really move. He'd surprise you if you watch him. I've heard he has worked his ass off on his defense at 1B and it's paid off big time.
He has a -3.8 UZR and a -7.2 UZR/150, that's bad.
Konerko has a -4 UZR and a -10.1 UZR/150, that's bad as well.
Prince has a 2.8 WAR, Konerko has a 2.3 WAR. Both are pretty much the same

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ill have to watch fielder i have the MLB package because i live in SC so thats how i have to see the sox is through the MLB package

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
He has a -3.8 UZR and a -7.2 UZR/150, that's bad.

I could post that Konerko has a -4 UZR and -10.1 UZR/150, but I won't (oh wait, I did) because it's a very small sample of 644 innings for PK and 822 for Prince. Prince has a UZR -2.1 (-2.7 UZR/150) since 2009 and PK has a -2.1 UZR (-4 UZR/150) as well, that's since Fielder started working on his D more over the past two offseasons.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
All the times he picks balls out of the dirt makes him seem good, but for a former C and 3B, he has a pretty poor arm and basically no range.