What would you give to trade up for MHJ

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like MHJ, but no thanks...

Unless its a trade from like 9 to 7 and only costs you #75. Odds are one of nabers or odunze will be better than MHJ in the pros because thats how it always works.

If poles does it tho, i wont be mad. Getting the #1 and #2 prospect on most peoples big boards would be crazy

msadows

Liked Posts:
If LAC calls and said 9+car 2nd I begrudgingly do it with MHJ on the board but that’s no where close to equal value and harbawwwq ain’t making that call so realistically nothing.

Why wouldnt he just take MHJ himself lol. They need WR, and tackle. I dont think a 2nd would get it done, even though its "technically" fair value. Trades in the top 10 usually that draft comp chart can be thrown out.

Then again, maybe harbaugh wants to build the bears a superbowl from the outside. Maybe he can gift us Mack at the trade deadline too.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Why wouldnt he just take MHJ himself lol. They need WR, and tackle. I dont think a 2nd would get it done, even though its "technically" fair value. Trades in the top 10 usually that draft comp chart can be thrown out.

Then again, maybe harbaugh wants to build the bears a superbowl from the outside. Maybe he can gift us Mack at the trade deadline too.
Yeah I specifically said in the post - it’s not equal value for the trade up and Harbaugh wouldn’t make the call…

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I'm not interested in trading up for MHJ. He seems like an amazing player, I'd LOVE to have him on the Bears, but the talent gap between MHJ and Odunze/Nabers is not worth whatever you have to give up to get MHJ. Poles has done a great job of stockpiling draft picks after years of Pace trading all of our draft capital away. I definitely want the Bears to draft a WR at 9. The only risk here is it's possible Odunze/Nabers won't be available at 9.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nothing.

He’s not so far superior to the next WR that a team should give up anything.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not interested in trading up for MHJ. He seems like an amazing player, I'd LOVE to have him on the Bears, but the talent gap between MHJ and Odunze/Nabers is not worth whatever you have to give up to get MHJ. Poles has done a great job of stockpiling draft picks after years of Pace trading all of our draft capital away. I definitely want the Bears to draft a WR at 9. The only risk here is it's possible Odunze/Nabers won't be available at 9.

If they had the option of betting who the best WR in this draft will end up being, MHJ vs the Field, I'd take the field in an instant.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why am I trading away more draft picks for Marvin Harrison's kid when I can just use the picks I do have to draft Jerry Rice's kid???

Seems like a no brainer to me, but I do realize I am smarter than your average Bear (fan).

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We need impact players but not this way. No trade up for me. Plenty of talent next year too.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Honestly it depends on where he dropped. If at 4 I'd say 9 and next years 2? He's a generational talent and having Moore and Allen to learn from for two years couldn't be a better situation. I think he and Allen have similar traits and could have very similar careers. I just don't see him getting the snaps and touches this year to make the trade plausible.
Now.....As much as I love him, I think the holes on the D line and the Possibilities of Alt, Fashanu, Verse ,or Turner would be better picks at the time. In the same breath, I wouldn't complain if we traded for him.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Don't give away next years picks. There is a chance Allen is only here for this year so that first next year we might need. Also if they draft Caleb and with the talent around him you should be able to tell if he is the future for this team. Hold on to your future picks.

Rawk

Liked Posts:
Swap 1st plus one of our 2025 2nd.
How many often can you draft the two best players in a draft??? Never! Besides Texans.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So... I have two rules here.
  1. I don't want to give up the assets needed to get into the top 5 (likely a future 1st). This means if MHJ is a lock for the top 5, I'm not pulling the trigger on a trade.
  2. I don't want to pay a premium to choose between MHJ and Nabers. In other words, I'm not going to be the first to draft a WR. I'll let someone else make that choice and I'll take who remains.
Those two things considered, I'd either trade up to maybe 6 for the Bears future 2nd, if that trade is sufficient. That would be for MHJ/Nabers, if they fall there. If not, then I'd probably be willing to give up a future 3rd to move to 7 for Odunze. I sort of hope if Odunze makes it to 7 though, that it means he'll fall to the 9 spot, but it depends on the board... Titans and Falcons feel like great spots for Alt and Turner, resspectively. That said, I'm shooting from the hip a bit on the ideas. I'd probably be pretty ok with just taking Bowers if the board doesn't fall how I would like.