What would you give to trade up for MHJ

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Everett can be cut next year and save 5.5m, its essentially a 1 year deal w/ a team option year 2.

Bowers can happen, I just dont anticipate it but I would be a big fan. Daniel seems to think he sucks, so you know he's gonna be amazing in the NFL.

Just need montucky to come back and let us know what he thinks of Bowers to solidify his HoF legacy
With Cole Kmet and Gerald Everett both being locked up on reasonable contracts, I’m not sure drafting Brock Bowers is the best use of a top 10 pick with so many other more pressing needs.

I don’t really know anything about all that other stuff.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. Some people think that just the fair value compensation is enough for the trade. No, thats the base start. After that, it’s now, how bad do you want this pick? That’s when the team wants more than the fair compensation with either future capital (draft picks) or current player/s packaged with it. You will have to pay up big time to move up.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I don't think MHJ is head and shoulders above Nabers or Odunze like the premise of this thread suggests.

Any of the three will have a huge impact on the Bears going forward and I think trading up for MHJ would not be a wise use of draft capital.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Absolutely nothing.

Let someone else have him. Not worth the headache, refusing to work out, blowing off meetings, and the free pass because of who his dad was, not who he is before he’s even taken a snap. If his name was ‘Bob Jones’ he’d be raked across the coals all offseason.

Also, trading up for a guy who’d be WR3 on the depth chart in the top 10 in the draft, after passing on the guy once previously within said top 10, when there are more pressing needs including guys who are available, is something a stupid football team does.

By all means, mash the ‘draft player’ button in your madden or fantasy leagues.

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Im not ever interesting in trading up....seems like we will get burned again.....especially being one of those 3 wrs or Bowers will be there.

DJMoore and K.Allen gone after 2 years. That's the reason why Poles draft MJH.

View attachment 36985
Why will DJ be gone ?
I can see Allen being gone after this season,who knows about his health and if age finally catcjhes up.....

With Cole Kmet and Gerald Everett both being locked up on reasonable contracts, I’m not sure drafting Brock Bowers is the best use of a top 10 pick with so many other more pressing needs.

I don’t really know anything about all that other stuff.
You dont pass on Bowers. That guy is gonna ball.
Who would pass on the next Kelce,LaPorta,Kittle,Hockenson type player? It would be a mistake.
Kmet has trade value in midseason trade deadline.
Everett is very expendable,but Id trade Kmet to get something rather than let Everett go.
If Bowers is there,we really should not pass on him. He is the MHJ of the te position.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Im not ever interesting in trading up....seems like we will get burned again.....especially being one of those 3 wrs or Bowers will be there.

Why will DJ be gone ?
I can see Allen being gone after this season,who knows about his health and if age finally catcjhes up.....

Who would pass on the next Kelce,LaPorta,Kittle,Hockenson type player? It would be a mistake.
Everett is very expendable,but Id trade Kmet to get something rather than let Everett go.
If Bowers is there,we really should not pass on him. He is the MHJ of the te position.
Maybe the Bears should just keep good players in the fold. They could mix in a bunch of 12 and 13 personnel groupings by keeping Kmet and Everett if they draft Bowers. Putting DJ out there with the three TEs or using Allen in the slot and pushing Bowers to the boundary would be extremely difficult to defend. Also, they would be able to pound the football out their heavy sets.

Plus, players get injured. Imagine having quality depth.

Heavy sets are user friendly for young QBs too.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears should just keep good players in the fold. They could mix in a bunch of 12 and 13 personnel groupings by keeping Kmet and Everett if they draft Bowers. Putting DJ out there with the three TEs or using Allen in the slot and pushing Bowers to the boundary would be extremely difficult to defend. Also, they would be able to pound the football out their heavy sets.

Plus, players get injured. Imagine having quality depth.

Heavy sets are user friendly for young QBs too.
Every year: tHe bEArs aNd TwO TE sEtS iS gOiNg tO bE tUfF tO dEfEND!!

Now 3 TE sets?

Just delete this post and stop embarrassing yourself. The Bears are not drafting Bowers.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:

Why will DJ be gone ?

Poles spent over $60M on 2 tight ends the last 2 years. There are a number of other players that COULD be the next “insert HOF type player”. Why not use the pick to fill actual holes on the roster?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Every year: tHe bEArs aNd TwO TE sEtS iS gOiNg tO bE tUfF tO dEfEND!!

Now 3 TE sets?

Just delete this post and stop embarrassing yourself. The Bears are not drafting Bowers.
Ok dipshit, I’m not advocating drafting Bowers.

The point, which you missed by a fucking mile, is if they did draft him, why on earth would they immediately look to trade Kmet?

12 and 13 personnel is QB friendly, especially for a young QB. Do you disagree? If so, please explain why.

This should be good.

Constantly getting three holed must have softened your brain along with your anus.

Last edited:

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:
Nothing. I sit at 9 and take MHJ, Nabers, Rome or Bowers. If they’re all gone (they won’t be) I run to the podium to select Joe Alt.
This is where I’m at, too. What do you do in the unlikely (but possible) scenario where only 3 QBs go off the board, along with the 3 WRs, Bowers, and Alt. Do you trade back or take your favorite defensive player?

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is where I’m at, too. What do you do in the unlikely (but possible) scenario where only 3 QBs go off the board, along with the 3 WRs, Bowers, and Alt. Do you trade back or take your favorite defensive player?
I personally am taking Turner. I think he can add to his frame and has the highest upside.

I wouldn’t be mad at a trade down in that scenario though and grab any of Latu, Turner, Verse, Murphy, etc… We need help in the trenches everywhere. A big trade down into the 20s and landing a 2 and 1 next year plus JPJ would be fine as well.