Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They would certainly help the team win. That has nothing to do with my comment.

Poles' job is not to increase the value of the team. It's to win on the field. Warren can worry about the value. I don't need Poles spending time negotiating concession deals or parking contracts.

And I don't care if they care or you care what I think about that. I want the GM focused on winning Super Bowls. Not sure why that would be a foreign concept or controversial.
Who said anything about Poles negotiating concession deals or parking contracts?

Poles reports to Warren. Warren is absolutely concerned about raising the value of the franchise. Also, Warren has stated he’ll be in the draft war room and a sounding board for Poles and his team.

It cracks me up that certain Bear fans can get upset about the idea of the team potentially grabbing two “once in a generation” players in the same draft or can’t understand how that impacts the organization as a whole.

If they do it, I’ll be excited because I know those two guys will be a huge part of the team’s success going forward. Plus, the Bears might not be considered a national joke any longer.

That would be a nice change.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who said anything about Poles negotiating concession deals or parking contracts?

Poles reports to Warren. Warren is absolutely concerned about raising the value of the franchise. Also, Warren has stated he’ll be in the draft war room and a sounding board for Poles and his team.

It cracks me up that certain Bear fans can get upset about the idea of the team potentially grabbing two “once in a generation” players in the same draft or can’t understand how that impacts the organization as a whole.

If they do it, I’ll be excited because I know those two guys will be a huge part of the team’s success going forward. Plus, the Bears might not be considered a national joke any longer.

Some of us are trying to talk football and you’re here concerned about the franchises value. It’s weird.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I am not the least bit upset about drafting two generational players, and I have no idea where you come up with that.

I simply commented that I don't want to base draft choices on financial value of the team. It doesn't mean I don't want certain players or that I'd be upset if the draft picks somehow increase the teams value.

I simply stated that the increase in financial value is not the GM's goal in making his picks.

I did not realize that was hard to understand or debatable.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone let a strawman into this thread.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Some of us are trying to talk football and you’re here concerned about the franchises value. It’s weird.
I’m pretty sure my discussion of grabbing two “once in a generation” players in a single draft is “football talk.”

I think we need a few more mock drafts. That will be intellectually stimulating.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m pretty sure my discussion of grabbing two “once in a generation” players in a single draft is “football talk.”

I think we need a few more mock drafts. That will be intellectually stimulating.

Not when your rationale for it is increased franchise value.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And how is that different from trading any pick any time?

next year we actually have more picks that’s usual, which is why it would be less painful.
Well if we trade it then i'll get back to you next year when that pick is on the clock and there's multiple players we could use sitting there and see if you're wishing you still had that pick.

Thanks

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Not when your rationale for it is increased franchise value.
I wouldn’t advocate including a 2025 one in a deal to move up. However, how would this get Poles fired? Do you think he could make a move like that without approval from ownership?

Football is entertainment. Imagine the marketing buzz and national hype if the Bears grabbed two supposedly once in a generation talents to grow together?

That combined with a new stadium deal, would help skyrocket the value of the team.

Football is a business first and foremost and that kind of deal would make the Bears incredibly relevant. Also, it would potentially dramatically improve the team’s ability to win on the field.
This exactly what I said.

The first part is the reason ownership would sign off.

The last part is about two insanely talented players improving their ability to win.

If you want to frame my comments, please do it accurately.

All of it is football talk.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well if we trade it then i'll get back to you next year when that pick is on the clock and there's multiple players we could use sitting there and see if you're wishing you still had that pick.

Thanks
Yeah since we’re playing hypotheticals, you can check back in after MHJ makes the pro bowl and has 1300 yards .

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah since we’re playing hypotheticals, you can check back in after MHJ makes the pro bowl and has 1300 yards .
What if Rome Odunze also makes the pro bowl and has 1300 yds and we could of stayed at 9 and took him and still had both 2025 2nd round picks.

What say you then?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What if Rome Odunze also makes the pro bowl and has 1300 yds and we could of stayed at 9 and took him and still had both 2025 2nd round picks.

What say you then?
It’s like we could go on in making shit up in fantasy land, huh?

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I wouldn't give up anything........I don't live in the failing draft world of Ryan Pace.

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
Nothing. I would take Rome or Nabers or Alt.. and if none of them drop to #9.. then trade down to #12 and pick up Brock Bowers