When Nagy was hired he said.....

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why we debate ppl's draft grades anymore. Mitch is a few bad starts from not being here anymore.

Heck, if Foles hits the ground running, we might not see Mitch in a Bears game again - it's possible.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people question the play calling from Nagy.

Imagine if you are the HC, and Trubisky consistently either misses the wide open receiver or does not see him at all, and your Offensive line is letting your RB get hit 3 yards behind the LOS on nearly every single run play. WTF, would you call?

I'm not saying that Nagy does not have his failings, but he had shit for plays that he thought he could actually pull off last year due to poor execution.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I'm sure plenty of coaches, scouts, and draftniks liked trubisky as their #1

All I know is all the major sports media outlets from coast to coast were laughing at the Bears the next day....

The fans reactions were LOL as well...

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
There was stuff to like in Trubisky. A lot of athletic ability and a willingness to put in work to improve. It just hasn't panned out. Seems he can't process defenses at NFL speed and his brain freezes.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
We absolutely can't let Pace and Nagy draft a QB is 2020!!!1!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was stuff to like in Trubisky. A lot of athletic ability and a willingness to put in work to improve. It just hasn't panned out. Seems he can't process defenses at NFL speed and his brain freezes.
This is how i see it. The game hasnt slowed down for him. If it doesnt real quick this year he will be gone.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've told the story before, but I met Matt Bowen one night and asked him about Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes. He said Watson was the consensus pick to provide immediate success. Trubisky had the most upside, and nobody knew what the hell Mahomes would turn out to be.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Michael Wilbon said it best.

They drafted a QB in Trubisky to coach up and then hired a coach that wanted to push his scheme in the offense for which none of them are built.

I have been a huge fan of Pace. But seeing that he got duped as the owner would nake me either fire him or the coach or all 3 this offseason.

Id leave that up to Pace. If mitch goes though, so does the guy that runs the ball 7 times in one game.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Nagy is frustrated because Mitch is not becoming the QB that Nagy always wanted to be but never was

Yes agreed. Mitch cant throw 50+ times behind a bad o line and to 1 proven WR in a TE focused offense with no realt TE on the team.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
....that He liked Trubisky no.1 in 2017?

I don't think he actually believed that at all, but had to say so because....ya know..he's inheriting Trubisky.

That said...IF you believe he meant that....do you trust him and Pace to draft another QB?

IF you don't beleive that, does Nagy deserve a change to see how things go with a QB he really does like?

when did Nagy ever say this??

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I'm sure plenty of coaches, scouts, and draftniks liked trubisky as their #1

Just because a player develops into trash doesn't mean they were never a good prospect. Thats literally why the scouting process exists.

After that its all coaching and development.

"Develops into trash"

Totally got hamstringed.

No TE in a TE system.

No OTs in a pass first offense.

Fucking stupid