When Nagy was hired he said.....

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why we debate ppl's draft grades anymore. Mitch is a few bad starts from not being here anymore.

Heck, if Foles hits the ground running, we might not see Mitch in a Bears game again - it's possible.

The fact that people think things will improve on offense without a single healthy or quality starting tackle in a pass happy offense is just delirious...

The best thing in our offense was Jordan Howard and we traded him because of the system fit.

Face it we were building an offense and we blew that up because Matt Nagy sold us on the fact that he could fit his ferrari engine under the hood of our pinto and told us theyd run the same.

Our response "Why not?"

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just be happy Veach convinced Dorsey and Reid to draft Mahomes. Picking QBs is a tough racket.

It worked out in spectacular fashion for your team. I’m willing to bet a number of your fans were freaking out about trading up for Mahomes.

Nope. I've lived in Kansas City for several years now, and I can say unequivocably that from the moment they drafted Mahomes, the entire city loved the move and thought he was going to be a star.

I'm ashamed to say that I scoffed at that notion. Remember that Mahomes' comp coming out of college was Cutler. I was very wrong, but the Chiefs' fanbase all LOVED the pick and immediately anointed him. It was the damndest thing and would never happen in Chicago. When he won MVP right out of the gate after starting, they weren't even surprised.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If trading up didn't work for them, and mahomes turned out like mitch, that fan base would be flipping out like crazy.

Mahomes was basically like taking a better version of Jordan Love with a top 10 pick, and trading up to do so by giving up next years 1st and this years 2nd(I believe). No one was talking about Mahomes being a top 10 pick, shit, most had him as a borderline first rounder.

It was a risky, ballsy move, and it worked.

There is always risk involved in the draft.

People seem to forget the year prior that the chiefs tried to trade up to draft paxton lynch, and failed. Boy, what a change that story would have been.

Small correction---Chiefs gave up 2 firsts and a third for Mahomes.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
There was stuff to like in Trubisky. A lot of athletic ability and a willingness to put in work to improve. It just hasn't panned out. Seems he can't process defenses at NFL speed and his brain freezes.

1 year of college tape
couldn't beat out XFL reject Marquise Williams for 2 years
was a huge risk to take #2 overall

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Trubisky problem seems to be mental.
Yes... mitch is having the same mental problam as the rest of us. We all had to watch that disgrace for playcalling with that atrocious performance from the oline matched with the fact that we had a proven pro bowl caliber rb traded away for a 6th rounder and everything sucked.

If you were the QB youd be outright pissed.