Which Bears Move "Broke" You?

mecha

Liked Posts:
I am still amazed at how damn bad Mitch was, and how many Bears fans don't seem to believe quarterback is an important position in today's NFL.

Drew Brees is a topic with his apparent retirement. in case you didn't notice he had multiple 5000+ yard/40+ TD seasons, he didn't make it to the Super Bowl in any of them. you can cite multiple top flight quarterback talents, they didn't win Super Bowls either. Tom Brady has pulled down the most titles of anyone, he was never flashy in the stats columns, he just played disciplined and really all you need to do at the position is just not lose games.

I'm not saying you need to run the ball 35 times a game or go 4000% meatball on defense, I'm just saying there's more positions than just that one that gets you there and wins you the Lombardi trophy. Patrick Mahomes was anointed as the greatest ever (you can see it in multiple threads here over the years) and he literally lucked into the 49ers running out of steam to win it all. and become celebrated with the most expensive contract ever.

this is entirely my point why it's completely batshit and total nonsense to trade 12 picks to get another team's quarterback.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Rick Mirer sucked for four years and the Hawks got a first rounder.

Mitch sucked for four years and....

Can the Bears sign and trade for multiple firsts?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the iowa hawkeyes broke me for football in general a long time ago. I never get too high or down anymore. I can get excited during a game and pissed off sure...but mostly just laugh it off now. Zero expectations.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
when I finally gave up on Cutler

and then was able to see the wreckage he left in his wake. cycled through entire FOs, coaching staffs, players... sticking with that bum. what a waste.

the memes were fun though

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Losing the Halas Trophy at Solider Field to the Green Bay Packers in front of the entire ****ing world.

That was the only punch I could not roll with.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"Half the Bears Defense and 3 #1 picks for Russell Wilson" - 15% of this forum at the end of this week....

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Which Bears Move "Broke" You?

Kinda bringing jay cutler here. I knew he was a slug back then, And a fair amount of ppl back then, hated me for coming out against the move. Then they gave him an extension after performing piss poor. :mad:

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Trading a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams who ends up dying of a heart condition.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If you’re a long time bears fan each regime has taken turns breaking us. The most recent bending over is obviously signing glennon and drafting trubisky.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Broke me? I'm not broken, nothing the Bears have done has altered my desire for the Bears to win it all, again. Have I been frustrated at times, sure. Broken though? No. The day I announce I'm leaving Bear Fandom and joining the cheese head fandom, you'll know I'm broken. Barring that. Have a great day.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I actually used the F-bomb when they pick Mitch, because I thought that it HAD to be Watson......

I wanted Cutler to figure it out so bad, but coming to the realization that he was not going to was a very close second

Third was throwing the Ball in a Monsoon when we were dominating the Colts in the run game during the SB....