Whispers that the Bears could trade up

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
And while it doesn’t relate to the QBs, there are also whispers that Chicago, which presumably gets their QB with the first overall pick this year, might very well be interested in moving up from the 9th pick to get Notre Dame OT John Alt, which would probably mean leapfrogging Tennessee at #7.
The article used his dad's name "John" instead of Joe. I'm saying this is made up.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Where is this from?

oops, forgot the link.
also, Potsy was asked if he thought Poles would take a WR at 9.
he responded yes unless Alt is still there so he might have also heard that they really like Alt.
Do I think Poles would trade up, doubtful but maybe at the right price.
9 and the Panthers 2025 2nd rounder to the Chargers could possibly do it.
Harbaugh can add a 2nd and still get his WR at 9.
Its all gossip season now anyway.

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
You are in the rare position this year where the 9 pick could get the best defensive player in the draft or an absolute stud receiver. We had the 9 pick last year and it was nowhere near as valuable, this is not the year to spend draft capital on trading up. If you want to trade picks from future years to snag someone you really like in round 2 or 3 I get that, the cost of moving up from 9 this year will be way too much and unnecessary. I smell BS on this anyway.

Liked Posts:
We're unfortunately probably the top target to be leapfrogged in front of due to our lack of ammo to do anything about it. If someone is targeting any of the top 5 non-qbs, they'll be calling TEN and ATL and there's not much we can do except take whoever's left of the 5. And we'll be fine either way.
I think the Bears are actually in a prime position to have the pick someone will leapfrog for.

There unlike the last draft there are 10 offensive players atop this draft that jump off the tape and teams want them. As those players thin out some franchise is going to get antsy and want to leapfrog the 10th pick.

Personally I think.if Brock Bowers is on the board the Bears should run to the podium for him and count their blessings that they got one of the 2 best players in this class.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you're hearing these whispers, please be evaluated for schizophrenia.