White Sox And Danks Settle On New Contract

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. It's official. So happy that he's back!!

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
maybe they signed him so it would be easier to trade him?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Fuck yes!

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Great bargain. Hope he isn't flipped now.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the signing, but why would you de-value a trade chip by saddling him with a $65MM payday? That's not what you do if you want to maximize his trade value...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I like the signing, but why would you de-value a trade chip by saddling him with a $65MM payday? That's not what you do if you want to maximize his trade value...

If I had to guess, they weren't liking the offers for Danks and probably figured its best to extend him. Like I said in the Hanley Ramirez thread, I don't think anyone is getting moved because they aren't getting offered the returns KW expects, which isn't a bad thing, there just doesn't seem to be a market for those guys. I'd bet Quentin and Floyd are on the 25 man roster when we stroll into Texas on Opening Day.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to guess, they weren't liking the offers for Danks and probably figured its best to extend him. Like I said in the Hanley Ramirez thread, I don't think anyone is getting moved because they aren't getting offered the returns KW expects, which isn't a bad thing, there just doesn't seem to be a market for those guys. I'd bet Quentin and Floyd are on the 25 man roster when we stroll into Texas on Opening Day.

floyd yes

quentin no

imho

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think that's how you build trade value though. If you were going to move Danks, you offer him arbitration, sign him to that one-year deal, and then try again midseason or next offseason. You don't throw $65MM at him. That says "we're keeping you"...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I don't think that's how you build trade value though. If you were going to move Danks, you offer him arbitration, sign him to that one-year deal, and then try again midseason or next offseason. You don't throw $65MM at him. That says "we're keeping you"...

Isn't that what I said? I said "they weren't liking the offers for Danks and probably figured its best to extend him."

icondarinsz3.gif

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't that what I said? I said "they weren't liking the offers for Danks and probably figured its best to extend him."

Right, I was speaking about the previous commenters who worried about him getting traded afterwards.