White Sox May Pursue A-Rod

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per MLBTR http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/alex-rodriguez-might-accept-trade.html
Alex Rodriguez would welcome a trade from the Yankees under the right circumstances, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports. Rodriguez won’t ask to be traded, but he has told close friends he won’t block a deal as long as he’s going to a large-market team.

The Marlins, Angels, White Sox and Dodgers could pursue the slumping 37-year-old, Nightengale suggests. Rodriguez can block any trade and has five years and $114MM on his contract, so he won’t be easy to move. At this level, dollars figure in as much as talent. "They're not trades. They're business deals," Brewers GM Doug Melvin noted.

Baseball executives suggested to Nightengale that Rodriguez is worth $7-10MM per season at this stage in his career. Manager Joe Girardi has benched Rodriguez against right-handed pitching, an indication the Yankees doubt his ability to produce. The Yankees and Marlins have reportedly had preliminary discussions about a deal involving Rodriguez, though both sides have publicly denied the reports.

Bitch Please. This can't and will not happen or I will lead a South Side revolt for Rick Hahn's head.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
the fact that the White Sox are even in the picture, in anyone's opinion, pisses me off. there is no way we spend that kind of cash even if NY eats money. This won't happen, but the fact that it is even being discussed shocks and angers me. :lol:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lets not be we todd did.

youk will not be coming back. FACT. he will sign with the indians with his boy francona. his family is from cincy.

if ny picks up most of his deal (like soriano) you have to take him. you would be paying for current production not past production. what is the other option? morel? cmon now.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't not want his old ass for five years regardless if the Yanks pick up the tab or not, there HAS to be other options.
lets not be we todd did.

youk will not be coming back. FACT. he will sign with the indians with his boy francona. his family is from cincy.

if ny picks up most of his deal (like soriano) you have to take him. you would be paying for current production not past production. what is the other option? morel? cmon now.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Third basemen
Miguel Cairo (39)
Eric Chavez (35)
Mark DeRosa (38)
Alberto Gonzalez (30)
Brandon Inge (36)
Maicer Izturis (32)
Jose Lopez (29)
Placido Polanco (37) - $5.5MM mutual option with a $1MM buyout
Scott Rolen (38)
Drew Sutton (30)
Ty Wigginton (35) - $4MM club option with a $500K buyout
David Wright (30) - $16MM club option with a $1MM buyout
Kevin Youkilis (34) - $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout

This is the 3rd base free agents list for 2013 according to MLBTR, I would take the bolded. The bolded and italicized are players I dont think we could sign but I would like them. May I mention there are other free agents not listed as 3rd baseman who I believe could play there like Yuniesky Betancourt, just keep that in mind.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yuni Betancourt is like the worst baseball player in MLB history :lol: You probably don't want him.

The other thing to think about is that if you want the Yankees to kick in money (lots of money) you're going to have to give up a prospect or two that aren't pure crap. I don't think this is worth it.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I have to agree with Dewey here.

Now, if it is like the BS Rogers was spouting off earlier about Soriano for Archer, a case where you have to give up a legit spec, it may not be worth it, his OPS+ has gone down every year since he led the league in 2007.

07 - 176
08 - 150
09 - 138
10 - 123
11 - 119
12 - 112

Those are still good numbers, but it is a trend to wary of, especially when locked in for five years. I guess if NYY picked up enough money you could release him anyway, but not worth it to give up a big time spec now, though it wouldn't shock me for some other team to do it. Then again, do we have a top spec to give up anyway? Probably not a big deal there anyway, not too much to worry about there unless Hahn is dump enough to give up a good major league talent, but Hahn is supposed to be good, even though we have no real sample size yet.

I know nobody here likes WAR, but A-Rod was a 2 WAR player this year (BR model). Their model has 2-4.9 as "starter", so he isn't really good anymore as everyone here knows, just felt like sharing the stat.

That said, what other options do we have? Morel and his 15 OPS+? Even in 2011 with a good sample size he only posted a 74.

So, while I'm not in love with the idea, I agree with Dewey that if they eat enough you at least have to consider giving it a go.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Third basemen
Miguel Cairo (39)
Eric Chavez (35)
Mark DeRosa (38)
Alberto Gonzalez (30)
Brandon Inge (36)
Maicer Izturis (32)
Jose Lopez (29)
Placido Polanco (37) - $5.5MM mutual option with a $1MM buyout
Scott Rolen (38)
Drew Sutton (30)
Ty Wigginton (35) - $4MM club option with a $500K buyout
David Wright (30) - $16MM club option with a $1MM buyout
Kevin Youkilis (34) - $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout

This is the 3rd base free agents list for 2013 according to MLBTR, I would take the bolded. The bolded and italicized are players I dont think we could sign but I would like them. May I mention there are other free agents not listed as 3rd baseman who I believe could play there like Yuniesky Betancourt, just keep that in mind.

Arod over all those that are obtainable. wright is not. youk will be an indian. the rest is disgusting

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Yankees are better off keeping him instead of paying $20 milllion a season to not have him unless they get blown away with a trade offer. He's still an upper mid-teir 3rd baseman. There's not a lot out there.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Yankees are better off keeping him instead of paying $20 milllion a season to not have him unless they get blown away with a trade offer. He's still an upper mid-teir 3rd baseman. There's not a lot out there.

exactly. when it comes to 3b its pretty bleak

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he says that now. 5.00 says he goes to LA

Yeah, we'll see what happens. LA seems more logical to me than Miami does...ARod will still want the opportunity to win rings.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, we'll see what happens. LA seems more logical to me than Miami does...ARod will still want the opportunity to win rings.

he is a primmadonna so who really knows what will satisfy him. being in the west coast with all the celebs seems like a good fit.

Reactions: X

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is a primmadonna so who really knows what will satisfy him. being in the west coast with all the celebs seems like a good fit.

Plus all the fans at Dodger Stadium arrive after the third inning. By that time, he'll be 0-2 with 2 Ks and will likely be benched, giving him more time to flirt with the socialites near the dugout.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
If New York eats 100MM of that deal, then sure. Thats only paying him $15 million or so over 5 years.
What do you give them for eating all that though, Viciedo+Quinata+?

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
If New York eats 100MM of that deal, then sure. Thats only paying him $15 million or so over 5 years.
What do you give them for eating all that though, Viciedo+Quinata+?

I hope they wouldn't want that because that is a ridiculous asking price

Sent from Twins Territory using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If the White Sox are Rebuilding next year, I honestly need to know 100% for sure that Morel isn't the guy.