4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Go for it.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he's on the Cards or the WS, IDC. He still will be average to below average. But, he could be a low risk-high reward deal. I don't think he will cost a lot in a trade.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he's on the Cards or the WS, IDC. He still will be average to below average. But, he could be a low risk-high reward deal. I don't think he will cost a lot in a trade.

1) still young

2) .276 BA .361 OBP 23 HR

3) played in 144 games

4) 2.9 WAR

yeah he is below avg :rolleyes:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Fuck it, let them have Buehrle (he's done the Favre-esque 'I kinda want to play in St. Louis' recently, I think), then use that and the Konerko money to go after Dunn and V-Mart.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck it, let them have Buehrle (he's done the Favre-esque 'I kinda want to play in St. Louis' recently, I think), then use that and the Konerko money to go after Dunn and V-Mart.

:yep: I'm soooo fine with a Buehrle-less Sox.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ok, I follow that, and I love the idea but specifically how would you position them? what i mean by that is Dunn Our DH or 1b, is Vmart our catcher or 1b? how would you set it up?

also does rasmus move to right field?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Ok, I follow that, and I love the idea but specifically how would you position them? what i mean by that is Dunn Our DH or 1b, is Vmart our catcher or 1b? how would you set it up?

also does rasmus move to right field?

Yeah, I'd move Rasmus to right, let V-Mart catch, tell Quentin to learn to DH or fuck off (DFA, release, whatever, then insert Viciedo at the DH spot), V-Mart catches and Dunn plays first, with Teahen either spelling Dunn at 1B and having Morel fill in at 3B or, if Morel impresses, give Morel the starting job at 3B, then use Teahen as a super-utility. There are other variations that would work as well, and this has the added advantage of shutting Ozzie (and the idiot fans) the fuck up about "flexibility" but this time doing it with players that might be kinda good at baseball.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I see you're still a flaming moron...

So, your saying he's good? Let's see I watch him a lot: He lost his starting job. He ask for a trade because of that. He strikes out a ton. He really does not hit for a good average and does not walks a lot. But, he does have power, a pretty good defender and arm.

However, he's still young and has not reached his peek yet. If I was KW, I would go for it. It could be a good trade as his trade value is down right now and he's primarily the 4th OF for the Cards. At least he was at the end of the season.

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'd move Rasmus to right, let V-Mart catch, tell Quentin to learn to DH or fuck off (DFA, release, whatever, then insert Viciedo at the DH spot), V-Mart catches and Dunn plays first, with Teahen either spelling Dunn at 1B and having Morel fill in at 3B or, if Morel impresses, give Morel the starting job at 3B, then use Teahen as a super-utility. There are other variations that would work as well, and this has the added advantage of shutting Ozzie (and the idiot fans) the fuck up about "flexibility" but this time doing it with players that might be kinda good at baseball.

Nvm.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
So, your saying he's good? Let's see I watch him a lot: He lost his starting job. He ask for a trade because of that. He strikes out a ton. He really does not hit for a good average and does not walks a lot. But, he does have power, a pretty good defender and arm.

However, he's still young and has not reached his peek yet. If I was KW, I would go for it. It could be a good trade as his trade value is down right now and he's primarily the 4th OF for the Cards. At least he was at the end of the season.

I said average. That's also not promising stats. It's OK stats but nothing to be proud about.

Yea, a 23 year old who puts up a mid-.850's OPS with great defense is so average :kick:

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like I am going to get herpes just from clicking on the White Sox forum, but I wanted to say that I went out drinking with Colby one night when I was in St. Louis. I drank his ass under the table.

Also this dude is a stud. He is a damn good player and he will only get better.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
So WHAT? So because Tony LaRussa is a piece of shit, that means Rasmus isn't very good? Please.

I'm not saying that. I said he's been OK and will improve. That's why I think this could be a good trade for the WS if KW were to make it.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying that. I said he's been OK and will improve. That's why I think this could be a good trade for the WS if KW were to make it.

I understand that, but the problem comes with you labeling Rasmus as just "average", when he has definitely been more than that. A .360+ OBP and 23 HR's from a 23 year old that played his home games in a park that depressed HR output by an average of 22% over the last 4 years is pretty damn good.