White Sox Trade Peavy In 3 Team Deal

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Probably nothing much. My guess is it might be based on performance of Jake, but again, speculation at best is my guess on the part of the Score since no one else is reporting a 5th

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ers-rangers-jhonny-peralta-nelson-cruz-073013
WHITE SOX

One rival executive likened the trade of Peavy to a salary dump, saying that Triple-A outfielder Avisail Garcia from the Tigers and three low-level minor leaguers from the Red Sox were not nearly enough of a return.

“Money meant a lot to the White Sox,” the exec said.

A rival scout was equally incredulous that the Red Sox got Peavy for so little, but offered a different view of the White Sox’s motives, saying, “They must be worried about Peavy breaking down.”

CHEAT SHEET
These athletes flouted the rules. Who's in this hall of shame?

Whatever, Garcia is the centerpiece for the White Sox, a player who was the Tigers’ No. 2 prospect entering the season according to Baseball America, which projected him as a solid regular with All-Star potential.

The Tigers nicknamed Garcia, 22, “Little Miggy” for his resemblance to fellow Venezuelan Miguel Cabrera. And keep in mind, the White Sox will control Garcia for five more years, a decent exchange alone for one-plus years of Peavy.

The three minor-leaguers the White Sox acquired from the Red Sox — second baseman Clueluis Rondon and right-handers J.B. Wendelken and Francellis Montas — all are in A ball, and all are 20 or under. Both pitchers project to be relievers; Wendelken already pitches in that role.

Players that young are inherently risky, but one rival executive noted, “There is some upside in the deal for the White Sox.” And upside is good for a team ranked next-to-last in Baseball America’s organization talent rankings at the start of the season.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya no one else is reporting a 5th so it could be based on performance. I just read that article.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Cleuluis Rondon
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=600967
Hard to say, especially with us getting Anderson in the draft, but perhaps a middle infield type. Way too early to tell on him. He's just a kid.

J.B Wendelken
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=605525
It's early for him as well, but he seems to have reasonable control at his age and decent K totals. Could enable the trading of Reed in a year or two.

Francellis Montas
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=593423
Young that needs guidance. Power arm though

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya. If we don't contend in a couple years maybe that kid could be the closer and we package Reed. But Reed's only 24. I'd keep him as long as he's effective.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It`s all about money, especially if the rumors that the A`s had Choice available in a Peavy deal. He is clearly a better player than Garcia, and plays a premium position. If Choice was not included, than Garcia and the salary saved would be acceptable. As for the Miggy comparisons, it`s only in similar body shapes, Garcia has little plate discipline, a long swing, and is projected as an average power hitter down the line.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It`s all about money, especially if the rumors that the A`s had Choice available in a Peavy deal. He is clearly a better player than Garcia, and plays a premium position. If Choice was not included, than Garcia and the salary saved would be acceptable. As for the Miggy comparisons, it`s only in similar body shapes, Garcia has little plate discipline, a long swing, and is projected as an average power hitter down the line.

I'd take average player. We need those types too.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Dude he's 22. Ofcourse he has little plate discipline. He also went 5-11 in the ALCS against NY

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I'd take average player. We need those types too.

I understand why some Sox fans are excited about this trade. But from everything I've read, we should have been able to get an elite prospect or two for Peavy.

None of the pieces they got are projected to be anything special. If we're going to contend withing the next three years, Hahn better get some elite prospects or all these trades amount to nothing but salary dump for Jerry.

Just my .02 cents. :yep:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Danny KnoblerVerified account
‏@DannyKnoblerCBS
It appears Tigers are getting Jose Iglesias as part of White Sox-Red Sox trade

He's minny Miggy! Dude looks like Cabera. Has big league experience and kills it at AAA

Are you saying skill set or just looks like him? Cabrera was crushing the league by 22

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit what his comparison's are. I'm excited to see him play.

Play a little more at AAA then recall him.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Wish we could've got more but hey at least we got a good hitting prospect and some arms and a young infielder. Lets be honest, Peavy is what 32? And seems to get injured a lot. We got out of his contract. Just because "so-called experts or anonymous execs" say we should've gotten elite talent doesn't mean you do. I'm happy with the trade. Wish we could've dealt Rios and Ramirez but we'll see what the waiver period accounts to.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Also before the season, Garcia was ranked as the no. 2 prospect in Detroit's farm system. So we got a top prospect and 3 low level guys. I'll take it. I won't get greedy because of Peavy's injury history.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plenty of Sox fans should be happy to nab a talent like Avisail.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
For me, it was worth it. None of the prospects amounted to anything. He was successful with although injured and ERA at 4.00. I'm just glad we go for it at times. Every GM has blunders and home runs.