Whitlock Calls for the Big Three to Disband

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
They will try it with Riley before breaking them up...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That was my thought ... Unless the new cba forces them to break up

I doubt it...Heat are the king moneymakers for the league right now. The Commish will let that team run its course. I don't think they will last as long as some others anyway.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Whitlock makes some fair points. Those guys want to be liked. They have thin skin. If they thought the ridicule and jeering was bad this year, they should wait until next year (whenever that is). Half the time, the guys act like theyd rather be anywhere else. James kills his brand with each passing moment that he's in Miami. Meanwhile, Miami is in a great position to deal one or two players and get back pieces that make them a more well-rounded team. The stink is now so bad for James, one wonders if any amount of winning will ever make it go away.

The thing is, who would you trade?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whitlock makes some fair points. Those guys want to be liked. They have thin skin. If they thought the ridicule and jeering was bad this year, they should wait until next year (whenever that is). Half the time, the guys act like theyd rather be anywhere else. James kills his brand with each passing moment that he's in Miami. Meanwhile, Miami is in a great position to deal one or two players and get back pieces that make them a more well-rounded team. The stink is now so bad for James, one wonders if any amount of winning will ever make it go away.

lebron stinks about as bad as he plays in the 4th quarter in the NBA Finals. That smell will never go away. :lmao:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would trade Wade. As good as he is, he would draw more pieces back in a trade than Bosh. Bosh would probably be the one Miami trades.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wade is untouchable as untouchable gets in Miami.

The question asked by Lex was who would YOU trade. We all know Miami would trade Bosh, but Wade is more valuable in a trade.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah... just an overreaction.

But, again... if they switch to a hard cap, Miami might have to trade one of the big three.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wade showed up in the 4th quarter. No way Miami gets rid of someone who actually plays.

It would not be "getting rid of Wade." The Heat would acquire hopefully a big and another 2 guard or PG and acquire draft picks. Wade would draw the 2nd most value in a trade behind Lebron, but I wouldn't trade the most physically gifted player in the NBA, and one of 2 best players in the NBA right now.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It would not be "getting rid of Wade." The Heat would acquire hopefully a big and another 2 guard or PG and acquire draft picks. Wade would draw the 2nd most value in a trade behind Lebron, but I wouldn't trade the most physically gifted player in the NBA, and one of 2 best players in the NBA right now.

i'd be stunned if they traded wade...

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Total overreaction. The Heat have problems. Everyone knew this from day 1. And yes they said no championship would be considered a failure, but in year 1, the Heat still were 2 games away from winning it all. There's no reason to blow this thing up. Get rid of Spo? That's a possibility, though I highly doubt a) it even happens & b) that Riley would take over & save this whole thing. Quite simply, Lebron needs to take a long look in the mirror & change his whole God's greatest gift-attitude, or this experiment WILL end in total failure. He needs to ask himself "Do I want to be considered the GOAT over MJ or Do I want to be the next Wilt Chamberlain?"

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
The question asked by Lex was who would YOU trade. We all know Miami would trade Bosh, but Wade is more valuable in a trade.

Im not so sure they wouldnt trade LeBron. Youve identified sound reasons for why they might hold on to James. But on the other hand, Wade is the face of the franchise. And you could get a king's ransom (pun intended) for James. Its easy to sit there in the midwest somewhere and imagine what you'd do if you ran the Heat but its a little different when you have a fanbase thats already passive enough the way it is, let along try trading the best player in the history of the franchise (at least one of the best).

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im not so sure they wouldnt trade LeBron. Youve identified sound reasons for why they might hold on to James. But on the other hand, Wade is the face of the franchise. And you could get a king's ransom (pun intended) for James. Its easy to sit there in the midwest somewhere and imagine what you'd do if you ran the Heat but its a little different when you have a fanbase thats already passive enough the way it is, let along try trading the best player in the history of the franchise (at least one of the best).

How does my residence impact my opinion? In my opinion, you NEVER trade away the best player in the league when you have him. Even if they do trade James for Howard, the only trade I'd imagine doing, it still leaves a huge hole at the 3 for the Heat.