Who are the true Blue Chip prospects in this draft?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
IDK value, or charts, but I'm seeing 2025 2nd + 9? I'd be fine with that. Set your team up for 10-15 years.
Unfortunately, I believe it would take 9, 122, and a 2025 1st. Plus, I do think they would have to get to 4.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From The Athletic and a great reason why Williams is a blue chip prospect… It’s a breakdown of his mechanics.

• 1 – Problematic
• 2 – Will take a lot of work to fix
• 3 – Fixable
• 4 – Good
• 5 – Excellent

Caleb Williams​

Efficiency: 4.8
Adaptability: 5
Speed: 4.25
Overall: 4.9

Williams is hailed for his off-script highlights, but his mechanics make him special. The overwhelming consensus is that Williams is a uniquely efficient thrower. One coach compared his mechanics to Aaron Rodgers’. Another said he’s one of the most efficient back-hip rotators he’s seen, which is the speed at which his hips rotate into the throw combined with his ability to quickly stabilize his front to create a great amount of force into his throw.

“Regarding NFL readiness, no prospect has a foundation for throwing and movement efficiency like Caleb,” one coach said. “Although his arm strength is the first percentile, he can throttle and adapt his throw at a similar level to (Patrick) Mahomes.”

“You’ll see guys like Caleb and Mahomes; they have crazy external rotation,” another coach said. “So what I mean by that is when they start their throw motion from the horizontal L. When they get to this vertical point and start going forward, their arm is able to go so far past 90 degrees that it allows them to change arm angles with their spine angle. If you notice, C.J. Stroud, who’s a great thrower of course, doesn’t have that same external rotation.”

This comment wasn’t meant to be a dig at Stroud but rather to differentiate and highlight Williams’ special ability to change his arm angles and still throw accurately. One criticism of Williams’ mechanics is that he tends to slow his arm too much when he’s trying to layer throws, which can affect ball placement, but that can be fixed.

Unsurprisingly, Williams’ mechanics were rated by far the highest, but don’t let that skew how the others are graded. No other quarterback finished with an overall grade above 4.0, which is more realistic for young quarterbacks entering the league.”

Which of the NFL Draft's top passers has the best mechanics? QB gurus grade themWhich of the NFL Draft’s top QBs has the best mechanics? Experts grade each passer

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s a sign the Bears are drafting two blue chippers.

1712696354406.jpeg

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Charlie Weis was discussing the receivers this morning on NFL Network radio on Sirius XM. He said Odunze has the best ball skills he’s seen by an incoming prospect possibly ever. He said he’s going to be a TD scoring machine in the NFL.

Also, he said MHJ is even better than Odunze and he’s heard the Bears are making calls to move up to draft MHJ.

Obviously he’s not revealing his sources, but it is all great theater.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think people throw around “blue chip” and “generational” way too lightly.
I have no problem with blue chip but generational means the guy is expected to be the best at his position in, at a minimum, his career cycle.
IDK value, or charts, but I'm seeing 2025 2nd + 9? I'd be fine with that. Set your team up for 10-15 years.
I think we all would but extremely unlikely. Charts tend to undervalue trades at the top especially when you've got the #1 ranked player falling to 4. Early QBs selections always mess up the value charts.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’ve been thinking about NFL comparisons for the top 4 wideouts in this draft.

MHJ - Larry Fitzgerald or Mike Evans
Nabers - Ja’ Marr Chase
Odunze - Cris Carter (the elite ball skills and hands)
Brian Thomas Jr. - DK Metcalf