Almora
Soler
Johnson
Alcantara
--------------
Candelario
Vogelbach
Vizcaino

Line is where Manuel cut off the Top 100 for Cubs prospects, saying he could see 8 make it as well on the final Top 100 that includes other insights (multiple rankers within BA).

Definitely not as high on Candelario, but that's just me.

I'd tentatively go with this:
Baez
Bryant
Almora
Soler
Edwards
Johnson
Alcantara
Vogelbach
Olt
one of our pitchers, whether it be Blackburn, Hendricks or Zastryzny or another guy

CSF77

Liked Posts:
1. Bryant
2. Baez
3. Almora
4. Edwards
5. Soler
6. Johnson
7. Alcantara
8. Olt
9. Szczur
10. Jacob Hannemann (believe his talent is pretty legit)

Vogelbach lacks D which is going to limit him. His 1B D is even considered poor. A DH has low value in the league. I believe he doesn't make it.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1. Bryant
2. Baez
3. Almora
4. Edwards
5. Soler
6. Johnson
7. Alcantara
8. Olt
9. Szczur

Vogelbach lacks D which is going to limit him. His 1B D is even considered poor. A DH has low value in the league. I believe he doesn't make it.

His bat can't be ignored IMO. Most see Szczur has a 4th OF type now, which I personally agree with so I didn't consider him, but I bet that by this time next year Hannemann will be on everyone's rankings assuming enough players head of him graduate, same could possibly be said for Jimenez and Torres. Manuel's chat (found the transcript on PSD, as much as I'd hate to give them a shoutout) mentioned that Jimenez nearly made the list and Torres wasn't far off either, but being 16 they thought better of it, which is my only hangup right now, it being too early to judge them much.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
His bat can't be ignored IMO. Most see Szczur has a 4th OF type now, which I personally agree with so I didn't consider him, but I bet that by this time next year Hannemann will be on everyone's rankings assuming enough players head of him graduate, same could possibly be said for Jimenez and Torres. Manuel's chat (found the transcript on PSD, as much as I'd hate to give them a shoutout) mentioned that Jimenez nearly made the list and Torres wasn't far off either, but being 16 they thought better of it, which is my only hangup right now, it being too early to judge them much.

I don't care how poor Vogelbach's defense is, if he can truly hit, I'll take my chances in a corner outfield spot. It's not as if Soriano was a blessing defensively until McKay helped him out. If the Cubs developmental staff is good, they can improve him somehow, someway.

As for my list, I go:

1. Baez
2. Almora
3. Bryant
4. Edwards
5. Soler
6. Johnson
7. Alcantara
8. Vogelbach
9. Hendricks
10. Hanneman

CSF77

Liked Posts:
like I said he will be limited by his D. Any quality DH is worth 13 mil while a 1B gets 20 mil+
d matters to these GM's and most owners don't like paying heavy for non position players.

Even if his bat is legit there have probley been just as good players that never made it either due to their D.

And the Sori comment is silly. Sori is a better athlete. He was never trained to make proper routes. He always had good speed out there.

Even Braun plays solid LF D. Teams are not going to play a post stomped into the ground that has little field coverage.

At best he might become a pro LH PH. And those are rare now with the league using platoon systems more and more.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mine is:

1) Baez
2) Bryant
3) Almora
4) Edwards
5) Soler
6) Johnson
7) Alcantara
8) Vogelbach
9) Olt
10) Villanueva

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Zastryzny probley will also. Not sure about some of the arms they got in the first 10 rounds. Few of them seemed they had some upside.

For sure this list will change. Last years draft had better talent than the year before.

On Szczur he lost some value on SB. But I believe his hitting improved. Not sure where he will end up.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
I think Hanneman could eventually be a top 10 prospect in the Cubs system but dfeinitely not yet. He has a high ceiling since he hasnt played a lot of baseball with his religious thing.

Passes up Szczur as the best athlete so there's major upside there. But currently, Id rate him in the 15-20 range

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
And everyone mentions how one of the big 4( baez, bryant, solar, almora) or maybe two could be failures. Thats a definitely possible but remember that there could also be a lower prospect that breaks through.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And everyone mentions how one of the big 4( baez, bryant, solar, almora) or maybe two could be failures. Thats a definitely possible but remember that there could also be a lower prospect that breaks through.

Feel safer with Bryant and Almora with their strike zone discipline. Baez has the highest potential. Soler i just do not see it.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
1. Baez
2. Bryant
3. Almora but his injury history scares me long term.
4. Soler
5. Edwards
6. Alcantra
7. Johnson
8. Vogelbach
9. Olt
10. Ramirez/Vizcaino I'm not sure. A lot of guys could be put here

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Bryant
2. Baez
3. Almora
4. Edwards
5. Soler
6. Johnson
7. Alcantara
8. Olt
9. Szczur

Volgys D isn't as bad as advertised. He ceiling is average but he isn't this abyss at first.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Bryant
Baez
Olt
Almora
Soler
Alcantara
Edwards
Vogelchunk
Max Ram
Viz

CHAMPS!!!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bryant
Baez
Olt
Almora
Soler
Alcantara
Edwards
Vogelchunk
Max Ram
Viz

CHAMPS!!!

Max Ramirez? Think you mean Neil Ramirez, personally not a fan of him.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Funny how a lot of people still misspell Alcantara.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Max Ramirez? Think you mean Neil Ramirez, personally not a fan of him.

You are correct. Confusion is a Cub fan's friend sometimes.

Hopefully he turns into a decent inning eater.

CHAMPS!!!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Volgys D isn't as bad as advertised. He ceiling is average but he isn't this abyss at first.

He will be lucky to have a career like Popi has had. That is if he studs out. The only reason why he has any appeal right now is because he hits LH. If he was a RH hitter he would be forgotten with the rest of the busts.

I'm predicting LaHair 2.0 in Japan.