Who are YOUR Top 10 Prospects?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is a DH

Really? If his stick is good enough, anyone will put him at first. I mean have you ever seen Price Fielder or Miguel Cabrera play first? If you can swing the bat, they will find a place for you to play. Its not like he cant catch the ball. Labeling just a DH is dumb.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will be lucky to have a career like Popi has had. That is if he studs out. The only reason why he has any appeal right now is because he hits LH. If he was a RH hitter he would be forgotten with the rest of the busts.

I'm predicting LaHair 2.0 in Japan.

He is nothing like LaHari. He is considered the most complete hitter in the Cubs system. He has monster power, walks, and hits for average. He has a disciplined strike zone. He would never get lost in the system. His bat is outstanding and he is the same age as Baez. His only problem is controlling his weight and he has done a fantastic job at that./

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Neil Ramirez makes the majors, it'll be as a relief pitcher. And relief pitchers should never be in top 10 in my opinion. Plus, the bigger question is, can he stay healthy?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If Neil Ramirez makes the majors, it'll be as a relief pitcher. And relief pitchers should never be in top 10 in my opinion. Plus, the bigger question is, can he stay healthy?

Um....why?

CHAMPS!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I just can't see him being anything else. There are pitchers ahead of him the faster route to the majors, will be as a relief pitcher.

Ram is prolly gonna be in the majors next year barring another injury. Who is ahead of him right now?

CHAMPS!!!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I just can't see him being anything else. There are pitchers ahead of him the faster route to the majors, will be as a relief pitcher.

Agreed that he won't be a long-term starter, but this it is dumb IMHO to say a pitcher is either a starter or reliever long-term based on who is or is not ahead of him, not like our farm is stacked with pitching talent either.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is nothing like LaHari. He is considered the most complete hitter in the Cubs system. He has monster power, walks, and hits for average. He has a disciplined strike zone. He would never get lost in the system. His bat is outstanding and he is the same age as Baez. His only problem is controlling his weight and he has done a fantastic job at that./

LaHair led the league (MLB) in pitches taken per at bat and it earned him a ticket to Japan. He hit 40 HR's in AAA. He was never given an opertunity due to his D.

Sounds familiar.

But hey he may pull it off. Just doubt it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Only 2 pitching prospects I care about are Edwards and Johnson.

The problem is there is not a surplus of talent.

ram=McNutt IMO

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LaHair led the league (MLB) in pitches taken per at bat and it earned him a ticket to Japan. He hit 40 HR's in AAA. He was never given an opertunity due to his D.

Sounds familiar.

But hey he may pull it off. Just doubt it.

LaHair was 28 in a hitter league and had a major hole in his swing.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
LaHair was 28 in a hitter league and had a major hole in his swing.

You can defend him. That is fine.

Let me put it this way: I would rather have Bryant at 1B if Rizzo sucks eggs.

Rather have the Cubs fill in with proven vets around Almora/Baez/Bryant vs worst talent that lack D.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If he was so great he would have been on the AFL vs Darvell. Or what ever his name is. No one cares about him out side of the few Cub fans that think he is Babe or something. Not even the sports writers even care about him. 1B is a fall back position for older guys or 3B that lack range. Pujos=3B. Cabrara SS=> 3B => 1B.

Fielder is a rarity but having a ML dad and being able to bash 40 HR's opens opertunites. Even then most teams were not knocking on his door. Det. Came in late after they lost their DH to injury and a need opened up.

I believe you are way over valuing him. Cubs are better spending on proven players vs going all rook. If the use rooks they should at least be in the top 100.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he was so great he would have been on the AFL vs Darvell. Or what ever his name is. No one cares about him out side of the few Cub fans that think he is Babe or something. Not even the sports writers even care about him. 1B is a fall back position for older guys or 3B that lack range. Pujos=3B. Cabrara SS=> 3B => 1B.

Fielder is a rarity but having a ML dad and being able to bash 40 HR's opens opertunites. Even then most teams were not knocking on his door. Det. Came in late after they lost their DH to injury and a need opened up.

I believe you are way over valuing him. Cubs are better spending on proven players vs going all rook. If the use rooks they should at least be in the top 100.

Lol Volgelbach has the exact same body as Matt Adams except shorter. Im not over valuing him. You just are throwing out a horrible comparison with LaHair. He is more like a younger Matt Adams. Who I can see hitting 30 bombs soon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol Volgelbach has the exact same body as Matt Adams except shorter. Im not over valuing him. You just are throwing out a horrible comparison with LaHair. He is more like a younger Matt Adams. Who I can see hitting 30 bombs soon.

again if he was so highly valued then he would be in the top 100. I still put Bryant ahead of him at 1B depth. I'll bet most sports writers would agree with this.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
again if he was so highly valued then he would be in the top 100. I still put Bryant ahead of him at 1B depth. I'll bet most sports writers would agree with this.

Of course Bryant is over him but the cubs don't plan to play him there. There is plenty of enough room for a top prospect around the diamond. Volgelbach is the top of guy who has to prove himself every year. He has done it every year. He has come in lighter and in better shape every year. He is rated the second or third best first baseman in the minors. He isn't this scrub and is considered right outside of top 100. Doesn't mean his stick isn't really good. The cubs would be dumb to trade him until they fully know if rizzo is the answer. But to me, Volga is a guy theo covets. He has great plate discipline. Hit for avg, walks at a really good clip and k's at a great rate for a power hitter. The cubs are taken their time moving him cause there is no rush and he is 20.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Of course Bryant is over him but the cubs don't plan to play him there. There is plenty of enough room for a top prospect around the diamond. Volgelbach is the top of guy who has to prove himself every year. He has done it every year. He has come in lighter and in better shape every year. He is rated the second or third best first baseman in the minors. He isn't this scrub and is considered right outside of top 100. Doesn't mean his stick isn't really good. The cubs would be dumb to trade him until they fully know if rizzo is the answer. But to me, Volga is a guy theo covets. He has great plate discipline. Hit for avg, walks at a really good clip and k's at a great rate for a power hitter. The cubs are taken their time moving him cause there is no rush and he is 20.

We should probably let nature take its course and see how Vogelbach comes through the ranks. Bryant is the far superior athlete and can handle multiple positions.

If his defense starts to pick-up a little and his bat continues to stay hot, in a few years, CHUNK may just be pushing Rizzo for a spot and they may use Rizzo for trade bait in favor of a cost controlled player.

A lot can happen in that span. Lets just hope he continues to excel rapidly and give the Cubs flexibility to make a move with or without him.