Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
nobody. they will trade and cut multiple however

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didn't Suh play next to Aaron Donald last year?

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
I'd love Suh as a rotation piece to our D line. Imagine sliding Goldman to end, Suh in the middle, Hicks on the other side in run situations. Good luck. Ansah would be a fun back up linebacker (I know he played end). Of course we probably won't get either unless they come cheap.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Any guards available?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one. None of the veterans interest me outside of TE competition.

17 million
-2 for draft picks
-3 for in season emergencies
-5 Whitehair extension
-7 Floyd extension

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should look at the following players:

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cardinals. Age: 31 - Depth is really low at that position. He can block and catch the odd ball.
Michael Hoomanawanui, TE, Saints. Age: 31 - Like above, but more of a blocking TE.
T.J. Yeldon, RB, Jaguars. Age: 25 - IMHO RB is a big question mark for the team. Cohen is good, but not a high volume guy. Davis has never been a high work load guy. I like Montgomery, but how much do you want to rely on a rookie RB?
Bilal Powell, RB, Jets. Age: 30
Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Eagles. Age: 30 - He's good and can play all 3 inside OL spots. Great vet backup whom was very solid in the Eagles Superbowl run.
Jeff Allen, G, Chiefs. Age: 29 - Good vet. Nothing special, but there's some depth.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Where are you getting someone will be signed in a few hours? Link?
At 4 EST teams can sign FAs without risk of losing compensatory picks. No source that the Bears will in fact sign someone but it would make sense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where are you getting someone will be signed in a few hours? Link?

Its some sort of Compensatory Pick window that ends today. After the league day ends free agent signings will no longer cancel out comp picks acrued...

Though somebody would have to tell us if they begin to count for next year or this is a free window until next off-season?

There is an expectation that there will be an uptick in signings for the next few days across the league.

There used to be a June 1st cuts market as well...

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gresham and Wisneiwski ring my bell...

They both clearly upgrade the roster, and even you could argue the starting 11 in certain situations.
I think the best option with Wisneiski would be to plug him into center when Long goes down and let the ahleticism of Whitehair and Daniels dicate line play from guard.

But that probably tells you Wisneiski isn't a great scheme fit and they clearly will go with young development players under Heistand. Accept he goes elsewhere for money we don't need to spend there.

Gresham is an NFL vet who knows what he is doing and has Shaheen size. There is no question he is #2 on depth chart day one and he does things blocking that Burton/Raymond can't do...and unfortunately I don't think Shaheen can do well despite similar dimensions, certainly not stay on the field doing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Pace/Fox were runner up to Arizona when they looked at Gresham a couple years ago?

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Its some sort of Compensatory Pick window that ends today. After the league day ends free agent signings will no longer cancel out comp picks acrued...

Though somebody would have to tell us if they begin to count for next year or this is a free window until next off-season?

There is an expectation that there will be an uptick in signings for the next few days.
If signed between 5:00 EST tonight and the end of the 2019 season it does not count towards the compensatory formula.

If anyone wants to know here's where teams stand.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
No one. None of the veterans interest me outside of TE competition.

17 million
-2 for draft picks
-3 for in season emergencies
-5 Whitehair extension
-7 Floyd extension

I'm confused at these numbers. Are you saying the Bears will give Floyd a new contract that makes it so the Bears are paying him 12M this year instead of 5? And Whitehair 6m instead of 1? Why wouldn't they proceed under their current cheaper framework and just have the new terms come into effect next year? Especially if you think you're gonna push for a Superbowl.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the Bears should look at the following players:

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cardinals. Age: 31 - Depth is really low at that position. He can block and catch the odd ball.
Michael Hoomanawanui, TE, Saints. Age: 31 - Like above, but more of a blocking TE.
T.J. Yeldon, RB, Jaguars. Age: 25 - IMHO RB is a big question mark for the team. Cohen is good, but not a high volume guy. Davis has never been a high work load guy. I like Montgomery, but how much do you want to rely on a rookie RB?
Bilal Powell, RB, Jets. Age: 30
Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Eagles. Age: 30 - He's good and can play all 3 inside OL spots. Great vet backup whom was very solid in the Eagles Superbowl run.
Jeff Allen, G, Chiefs. Age: 29 - Good vet. Nothing special, but there's some depth.

The eagles can sign those bum tight ends and running backs.