Who do ya like? Keeping an eye on?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Johnson would be the safest pick. Pickens is a stud, has some serious skills and played in SEC. But damn, against FCS competition Watson looks like Randy Moss. I'd like to wait til after the combine, but if I had to pick right now I'd take Johnson. If Watson or Pickens shows out and have great measurables at combine I'd probably change my mind.
I'd probably still take McCreary over these 3.

Last edited:

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Johnson would be the safest pick. Pickens is a stud, has some serious skills and played in SEC. But damn, against FCS competition Watson looks like Randy Moss. I'd like to wait til after the draft, but if I had to pick right now I'd take Johnson. If Watson or Pickens shows out and have great measurables at combine I'd probably change my mind.
I'd probably still take McCreary over these 3.
Just looked at the Walter football mock and they have us taking McCreary. In the same mock both Pickens and Watson are already gone. I'm just not sure that DB will be the 1st pick for the Bears. I think Graham showed enough to be in the conversation as a starter and they have bigger needs elsewhere. It is likely (imo) if the Bears don't select a WR it will be OL.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Just for fun let's suppose George Pickens, Christian Watson and Zion Johnson are all there at 39. Who do you take?

For me it would be Watson because imo he's a better route runner than Pickens (and maybe faster too) and there seems to be a lot of good OL options in the 3rd round.

Love Pickens and Watson, but Zion is a top 20-25 pick for me. There's not a more perfect fit for the Bears (can argue Olave) in this draft. If those 3 are there I take Zion. If Zion is gone and the other 2 are there, I'd look to trade down and hope one is still there.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
im only drafting players who strongly live by the HITS principle.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I got my eye on Joshua Williams as a safety. Small school guy that might need a year or 2 - but has some great tools. Day 3 pick.

Sean Rhyan would be a great replacement for Whitehair in a year.

Last edited:

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Jahan Dotson is quick!! The more I watch the better he looks. If he's there, it would be hard not to take him with the 2. He could be electric paired with Mooney.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Secondary is the worst unit on the team. They have backups at one of the safety and corner spots. Upgrading there might be a good idea.

Jackson who is getting paid a ton is one the worst safeties in the league. They’re stuck with him. They got burned on more big plays last year than the previous 5 combined. They were horrible.

I don’t really care what they do as far as what direction they go in FA and how that determines where they go in the draft. Im sure they’ve done the research as far as what positions are deeper in the draft and FA. Just make sure if you go OL and or WR in FA to go secondary in the draft and vice versa.

Last edited:

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I don't know how his game will translate to the pros but I absolutely loved ILB Skalski from Clemson.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Skyy Moore with a 4.39 . No way he's gonna be there in the 3rd. Think the 2 might be too rich for him. Here's to hoping Dotson drops to us.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skyy Moore has been looking good. I like Ekuzanma too. Both have been mentioned but both have looked smooth and natural to me.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Olave would be ideal if he somehow falls.

Here are my guys starting in 2nd round.

Tier 1 ???
George Pickens
Alec Pierce

Tier 2:
David Bell

Tier 3:
Christian Watson
Olave 4.26

Pickens 4.40
Pierce 4.33, 40” vert ???

David Bell 4.64

Christian Watson 4.28

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Skyy Moore with a 4.39 . No way he's gonna be there in the 3rd. Think the 2 might be too rich for him. Here's to hoping Dotson drops to us.
I think my ideal WR corps would include one potential X WR, who preferably has some size, and then 1 guy who can play underneath and get some yards after the catch....along w/ Mooney. Dotson's not really a big YAC guy, and he's definitely not an X WR.

That being said, Olave not a YAC guy or an X either. So, I do think a good offense can make these guys work with Mooney. I think Dotson/Mooney could be similar to Brandin Cooks/Will Fuller in Houston, and that works very well because Fields' game reminds me of Watson's a lot. Houston put up big passing numbers without a true X WR after Hopkins.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You wanna piss off Justin Fields? Cause this is how you piss off Justin Fields.
Eh, I don't think Fields holds a grudge on everyone that has hit him hard. That's a lot of grudges. But don't have anything to worry about either way. Skalski's not good enough. He's a UDFA guy who doesn't feel big or athletic enough to play more than special teams in today's NFL. 1980s and he'd be a stud MIKE LB.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Eh, I don't think Fields holds a grudge on everyone that has hit him hard. That's a lot of grudges. But don't have anything to worry about either way. Skalski's not good enough. He's a UDFA guy who doesn't feel big or athletic enough to play more than special teams in today's NFL. 1980s and he'd be a stud MIKE LB.
I know. I just thought it was funny

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Christian Watson at 6'5" 210lbs ran a 4.28 38.5in Vert...reminds me a lot of DK Metcalf. add 15-20LBS without taking away the speed, and you have a BEAST. For comparison, DK combine numbers: 6'3" 228lbs and ran a 4.33 40in vert

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
David Ugwoegbu