Who is DeShaun Watson Pro Comparison?

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
A darker-pigmented substantially more NFL ready version of Tebow. Much better passer, better pocket awareness, better leader, probably a much better dancer.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I see Joe Cool Physically, & Temperment.
Joe Much more accurate, but he sat for 2-3 years before taking over for the 9ers.
Both winners & great leaders, I'm not saying he will be Montana though.
Another comparison may be our Punky QB also, not the greatest Physical gifts,
But a Great QB when Healthy...

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he runs, throws, composes himself, talks like, smells like and sounds exactly like someone Pace is too stupid to draft....

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he has Alex Smith level arm talent, if he can improve his mechanics. I also think he will try to sling the ball around a lot more early in his career,but he wont get away with a lot of the throws in the NFL as he did in the NCAAA. If he is on a really great team with big aggressive WRs he might be successful, but most likely his coach is going to teach him not to do that and just take what the defense gives him. It too Alex awhile to figure that out but I think Watson is a faster learner. He is never going to be a big arm with the ability to drop dimes down field, like Rodgers or Brady.

Alex Smith is a legit franchise QB and if Watson turns out to be as good as him we are lucky! Name any Bears QB that was better then Alex Smith. He is no Aaron Rodgers but he will be the 2nd best QB in the NFCN and he wont lose us games.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I think he has Alex Smith level arm talent, if he can improve his mechanics. I also think he will try to sling the ball around a lot more early in his career,but he wont get away with a lot of the throws in the NFL as he did in the NCAAA. If he is on a really great team with big aggressive WRs he might be successful, but most likely his coach is going to teach him not to do that and just take what the defense gives him. It too Alex awhile to figure that out but I think Watson is a faster learner. He is never going to be a big arm with the ability to drop dimes down field, like Rodgers or Brady.

Alex Smith is a legit franchise QB and if Watson turns out to be as good as him we are lucky! Name any Bears QB that was better then Alex Smith. He is no Aaron Rodgers but he will be the 2nd best QB in the NFCN and he wont lose us games.

I don't think your view is that far off but I really think you sell him short with that down field comment. He's thrown TD after TD where he just drops it in over the CB, or between the CB and safety in a way Smith could only dream of, and in a way that Rodgers and Brady (Your examples) only became known for once they'd been in the NFL for years.

He's going to make his big plays off of play action, sideline fades/backshoulders (throws them better than any QB available), and when the pocket breaks down IMO, not by Alex Smith style dinking and dunking.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since it sounds like the Bears want him at #3....

I'm going to go ahead and make a conservative comparison to Tom Brady only with more heart and more of an ability to win.

laputan

Liked Posts:
DeShaun Watson is

A more accurate Andrew Luck

A more athletic Cam Newton

A tougher version of Big Ben

A taller Brock Osweiler

A more inspirational Tim Tebow

Steve Young with better hair

Tom Brady with more rings

Aaron Rodgers but more clutch

Like Kurt Warner but more of an underdog

Brett Favre with a better arm

Peyton Manning with better pocket presence

A more handsome Jay Cutler

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DeShaun Watson is

A more accurate Andrew Luck

A more athletic Cam Newton

A taller Brock Osweiler

A more inspirational Tebow

Steve Young with better hair

Like Kurt Warner but more of an underdog

Brett Favre with a better arm

Peyton with better pocket presence

A more handsome Jay Cutler

Let's not get carried away.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think of Ryan Tannehill and Marcus Mariota when I see him play he's really just a miniature version of them. He's also really similar in size and playing style to Robert Griffin III both 6'2 lanky skinny guys with strong leadership skills. DeShaun Watson is probably the best QB in this draft and his upside is probably RG3 level.

I'd choose Eric Berry over RG3 anyday.

[video=youtube_share;IY-MBFUOVL0]https://youtu.be/IY-MBFUOVL0[/video]

If RG 3 stayed healthy you wouldn't be saying that.

As a rookie he won rookie of the year and carried Washington to the playoffs.

He is also a mental midget compared to Watson.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The guy he reminds me of is Steve McNair.

Maybe not the same arm talent, but similar styles and ability to make plays.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DeShaun Watson is

A more inspirational Tim Tebow

All of these he either is or will be.

1, 2 and 4 now. The Brady thing to come. He will be the fucking definition of clutch in the NFL. There will be split screens of Montana to Taylor to win SB23 and the other one from 4 to Meridith to win SB 54. It will happen on some shit ESPN argument show in 2025 about who the most clutch of all time is.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Lol, there are still people who think Griffin failed because of his injury, and not because he was an inaccurate passer with no football IQ.

RG3 and Watson are good litmus tests. If you thought they were/are capable (and note that I'm saying capable) of becoming franchise QBs under any set of circumstances, you know nothing of NFL QBs.