Who is responsible for players Health and Physical fitness

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The salary numbers are the salary per game for players times the number of games they missed....so that theory backfired a little for you.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
The salary numbers are the salary per game for players times the number of games they missed....so that theory backfired a little for you.

right....its an accumulation of salary as it pertains to missed games. the more games you miss, the higher salary you have, the bigger that number's gonna be....and the bears were near the top, despite kevin white representing the highest chunk of salary for this team.

i get what you're saying about salary and talent....fact is the bears are near the top of the league when it comes to injury concerns, and if you want to downplay it, that's fine.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
right....its an accumulation of salary as it pertains to missed games. the more games you miss, the higher salary you have, the bigger that number's gonna be....and the bears were near the top, despite kevin white representing the highest chunk of salary for this team.

i get what you're saying about salary and talent....fact is the bears are near the top of the league when it comes to injury concerns, and if you want to downplay it, that's fine.

they are not at the top of the league when it comes to players going on IR....these are individual people regardless of salary. If White was the highest loss due to salary time, you are not missing that much time for high paid vets....I don't think you get that. Unless you have data on every team and how many starters were lost, how much they were paid and if their salary was commensurate with their talent level and if training staffs treat starters and reserve players differently on each team, the whole salary cap lost is moot.

But really that isn't the point, more teams are losing more players to injury than the Bears....the elephant in the room is talent and coaching not a little too much weight lifting........

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you very much for the info. as you mentioned, we are closer to the Bears, is why they seem to have more injuries. they are always the most important players. i read an article a few days ago about, Tom brady and the guy who he works with and helps him. several pats players see him aswell. many claim he's helped extend their playing time. BB pulled the guys access for some reason, even tho the guys been working with Tom and a few others for years. J.Peppers had his own particular workout when he was here. the soft tissue thing we have battled for years, mainly alshon. white seems to have soft bones, i dunno. the field i know is another issue and always has been. again, thanks for the info guys, hopefully our Bears can get healthier, we need them all on the field at the same time.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Good info modo. I really thought the Bears injury toll was closer to the top.

That being said, I wonder what the totals look like when you can include injuries that didn't land players on IR.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I bet if someone could find the data, injuries and IR stints are probably up league-wide by a decent margin since the off-season, camp, and full-contact practice time has been drastically reduced...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet if someone could find the data, injuries and IR stints are probably up league-wide by a decent margin since the off-season, camp, and full-contact practice time has been drastically reduced...

I would imagine concussions are a bigger part of it now as well as more reporting of all injuries due to the fishbowl of NFL injuries now.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears being more injured than other teams is a crock of shit as I have just proven over the past 4 years we are about average.......no one bothers to do any research on this shit and we start calling for people to be fired.

So you think the Bears training staff is doing everything right and no changes need to be made?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think the Bears training staff is doing everything right and no changes need to be made?
No idea, I am not a sports trainer/doctor and if I was I don't know the Bears methods enough to even comment on it.

I think all teams generally look for the best method and tweak things based on new technology. I do know the Bears training facilities have been regarded as top notch.

Most of the comments here that the Bears training staff is horrible is because of all the injuries and the Bears "leading the league" in injuries and IR.

I have shown that to be false based on actual IR data. The Bears, over the past 4 years, are just average for the league.

Unless someone can prove negligence on the Bears training staff or that they are even top 10 in the league on injuries I don't understand how this narrative continues. There really is not any factual data to back up these claims.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No idea, I am not a sports trainer/doctor and if I was I don't know the Bears methods enough to even comment on it.

I think all teams generally look for the best method and tweak things based on new technology. I do know the Bears training facilities have been regarded as top notch.

Most of the comments here that the Bears training staff is horrible is because of all the injuries and the Bears "leading the league" in injuries and IR.

I have shown that to be false based on actual IR data. The Bears, over the past 4 years, are just average for the league.

Unless someone can prove negligence on the Bears training staff or that they are even top 10 in the league on injuries I don't understand how this narrative continues. There really is not any factual data to back up these claims.

I'm not disagreeing with your facts, these last few seasons (even though the facts say no) there just seem to be an unusually high amount of players going down. The trainers should be analyzing the whole program.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
But there isn't an unusual amount of players going down for the Bears. It is about league average as I have proven. Seeming like it is bad and actually bad are two different things.

And I am sure the trainers are always looking to get better.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say its unusual compared to say 5 years ago. Maybe its the new norm but the way Pace answered the question in his black Monday presser it didn't seem like he thought it was normal either.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
latest