Who will be the Bulls starting SG

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Butler is going to be the biggest factor in who starts at SG. If he is going to be productive, and he can play consistent on fundamental needs, he will adjust the whole roster. Brewer did not start last year, not because he wasn't good enough, but because he had to play Deng's backup. After the early assessments(because we had no SL, and we're missing some preseason, Brewer may not need to play at the 3 so heavily, opening the door for him to be our starter. This assumes that we fail to sign a FA. Any additional signings will change the rest. Heck, for all we know, Butler was a 5 position player, and he might be a poor-mans Paul George at SG. In that case, Bogans would start again.

Brewer was pegged in as the starting SG until he tweaked his hammy.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Either M. Jordan or D. Rose will have to play SG. Rose could play both PG and SG at once... He is that good.

He can but not a good idea.
If he doesn't receive help back there, Rose's chances of a serious injury increases every game....
If this happens, you Watson-brewer-bogans lovers may turn into there biggest haters.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can but not a good idea.
If he doesn't receive help back there, Rose's chances of a serious injury increases every game....
If this happens, you Watson-brewer-bogans lovers may turn into there biggest haters.

I joking, should have put it in green. All in all I am just in the hopes in Ben Gordon coming back to Chicago and I would love to have his 3pt shooting ability back in the Windy City. It would not only help Rose but Rose could help out an aging Gordon. B. Gordon in my opinion BELONGS in Chicago not that shitty city of Detroit.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Brewer was pegged in as the starting SG until he tweaked his hammy.

Right, at the start of the season. But after JJ was traded, Brewer was locked in to the bench.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
rumor

-C.J Watson could start at SG for Bulls this season.

lmao

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
watson has a good shot(i mean shooting wise i'm not sure about his chances)

i really think ronnie should be the starter because of his underrated defense and his athletic ability..problem with him is of course he would be more of a specialized relief defender on most teams rather than a starter because his shooting and really overall offensive ability leaves something to be desired

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brewer > Bogans

Brewer is better than Bogans but he is also a better fit with the second unit. Rose sucks the defense in and needs spot-up shooters. C.J. Watson was successful playing PG last year because Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver made it easy for him by moving with the ball. Keith Bogans would be useless off the bench.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tom Thibodeau is no dumby. The line-ups were the way they were last year for a reason.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
If we start Bogans we have no shot at beating the Heat we have get someone better.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we start Bogans we have no shot at beating the Heat we have get someone better.

Same can be said about starting Ronnie Brewer, sadly.

It's not the matter of who starts. Jason Terry doesn't start. Neither did Manu Ginobili for a while. It's how much each player is playing, who they are playing with, and what time frames of the games they are playing.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Same can be said about starting Ronnie Brewer, sadly.

It's not the matter of who starts. Jason Terry doesn't start. Neither did Manu Ginobili for a while. It's how much each player is playing, who they are playing with, and what time frames of the games they are playing.

Brewer is more active than Bogans and his activity alone will make whoever guards him pay for cheating off. Plus he can attack the rim well and put pressure on the defense and which can help put opponents bigs in foul trouble. He played point guard in college so he has handles. I think his offensive skill set is underestimated by most fans.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brewer is more active than Bogans and his activity alone will make whoever guards him pay for cheating off. Plus he can attack the rim well and put pressure on the defense and which can help put opponents bigs in foul trouble. He played point guard in college so he has handles. I think his offensive skill set is underestimated by most fans.

I don't doubt that Brewer could be better than Bogans in the first unit. The key is how horrible offensively the second unit might be with Bogans instead of Brewer.

It honestly depends a lot upon Jimmy Butler. If he is playing well then he might take over the role of back-up SF.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I don't doubt that Brewer could be better than Bogans in the first unit. The key is how horrible offensively the second unit might be with Bogans instead of Brewer.

It honestly depends a lot upon Jimmy Butler. If he is playing well then he might take over the role of back-up SF.

Well initially Bogans was supposed to be the backcourt version of Kurt Thomas and play only in certain situations. I would like them to bring back Rasual Butler to play the 3 or two with the second unit until coach thinks Jimmy Butler is ready to backup Deng.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well initially Bogans was supposed to be the backcourt version of Kurt Thomas and play only in certain situations. I would like them to bring back Rasual Butler to play the 3 or two with the second unit until coach thinks Jimmy Butler is ready to backup Deng.

well the Bulls are supposedly interested in Josh Howard... so.. who knows what's gonna happen with that

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Even if Brewer didn't get injured to start the season last year, there was a pretty good chance Bogans was going to start anyway. The difference is perimeter shooting. Brewer has none, Bogans has some. I still feel that Bogans will be the starter if no 2-guard FA is signed. The Bench Mob will stay in tact for the most part with Jimmy Butler adding to it.

And watch out for Butler. He may not have the best shooting range but this kid is all hard work, all hustle, all the time. And he can jump through the roof. I think we got another Taj-type steal late in the 1st round.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Even if Brewer didn't get injured to start the season last year, there was a pretty good chance Bogans was going to start anyway. The difference is perimeter shooting. Brewer has none, Bogans has some. I still feel that Bogans will be the starter if no 2-guard FA is signed. The Bench Mob will stay in tact for the most part with Jimmy Butler adding to it.

And watch out for Butler. He may not have the best shooting range but this kid is all hard work, all hustle, all the time. And he can jump through the roof. I think we got another Taj-type steal late in the 1st round.

Oh boy...I thought at first you were talking about Rasual Butler...I thought you'd lost your mind man!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Oh boy...I thought at first you were talking about Rasual Butler...I thought you'd lost your mind man!

:lmao: Give me more credit than that, Hou. I'm not SP94. :smug2:

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
I would say Jason Richardson, unless there is a realistic way we can steal Ben Gordon or Jason Terry away from their teams.

Unfortunately knowing the Bulls, it will still be this guy...

nx9qutqkd4.jpg

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
5661852401_8fdd984192.jpg