Who Will Have The First Meltdown If Things Go Poorly Tonight?

Liked Posts:
If things spiral out of control which Chicken Little will be the first to claim the Bears suck and that the sky if falling?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
it depends on how bad it goes! If we lose a close winnable game then it's livable with, but if we go there and shut the bed and Mitchell trubisky looks terrible then I don't blame anybody for doing the chicken little!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If things spiral out of control which Chicken Little will be the first to claim the Bears suck and that the sky if falling?

Well, The Bears don't suck, but eyes will be focused on a few Players, namely MT and AR. The other talent is either proven (mack, goldman, etc), or to early to judge (miller, smith). One of the players I am most interested in is Prince, will he stay healthy? Has he lost a step? etc etc. These three are key to success in 2019, and doubtfull they could be replaced until 2020.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Most people outside these boards seem to be predicting a Packers win, and it's not like us fans aren't used to the losing. If the lose, they lose.

Now if they win, most of us will have to temper expectations. ;)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As has been stated before, Bears need to show up for the game.....even if the Bears were considered playoff contenders, going into Lambeau is not an easy task. Packers are good with a great QB. Technically the Packers should win this game. I just don't want keystone cops on the Bears side....just make it a game.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This offense has been on the field together in a game situation zero times. I’m kind of expecting it to look like shit, at least at first.

My hope is that by the time they start gelling, it’s not 14-0 Packers, but it absolutely could be. If they start to look better and lose by a touchdown, I won’t say Nagy sucks and this team is years away. If they lose by 4 touchdowns, I might re-evaluate. We’ll see.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This offense has been on the field together in a game situation zero times. I’m kind of expecting it to look like shit, at least at first.

My hope is that by the time they start gelling, it’s not 14-0 Packers, but it absolutely could be. If they start to look better and lose by a touchdown, I won’t say Nagy sucks and this team is years away. If they lose by 4 touchdowns, I might re-evaluate. We’ll see.

we'll find out if Nagy was right about the preseason and practice.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
People will be bitching about the very first play that isn't executed. It will get worse if the Bears have a 3 and out drive.
People will be bitching about the very first play that IS executed. Wasn't dynamic or good enough.
People are just bitches. How soon until a bitch melts down and say the seasons over... well some already sayin that.
Omelets already stated the season over before the first snap. Let alone the first snap over Mitch's head.
So are we separating pre-regular season meltdowns, training camp meltdowns, trade meltdowns, holdout meltdowns, draft meltdowns and free agency meltdowns?

A more difficult measure is who will have the first meltdown that isn't already a drama queen meltin like a sundae in July.

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
I’m anticipating the Bears starting off season shaky the first few weeks so it would be mid season at earliest I would melt down. I do predict that the first meltdown will come come before halftime, maybe before kickoff.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Great question.

I go into tonight's game honestly thinking it could go anywhere from a real statement game by the bears to a disaster. But by "disaster" I would be looking at that as a combination of Mack/Roquan holdouts have them not ready/Mitch has learning to do in Nagy's system / Mitch trying to do too much or not ready under the big lights / etc.

It won't be "sky is falling" for me.

I just think there is a possibility of the Packers coming out after all this Mack talk, and doing to us what they did a couple years ago when their OLine was decimated - they shoved it down our throats with guys off the street.

But if we come out and punish them physically, I will be thrilled.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The one thing that would (will?) get me truly pissed off is if the Fudge get bailed out with ridiculous interpretations of the helmet rule.

And I believe this vague helmet rule is tailor-made to bail their league-protected asses out, and will work to their benefit about 16 times a year.