Who Will Have The First Meltdown If Things Go Poorly Tonight?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd suck to lose a close one where we came out flat in the first half. He'll hear about that decision then.

People will point to any mistake and claim it was lack of preseason. There is no way to truly know it.

The plays that are called don't reflect the preseason. No one goes full game plan in the preseason. The game plan is worked on in practice.

If Trubisky misses more than his share of easy throws or defenders miss tackles too much, or several dropped passes that should have been caught....that is the thing you can probably point to.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I too think the offense will start off shaky, and Nagy will catch hell for that. I mean, it's totally justified. If they go out there and roll down the field 2-3 times a row and the packers get blown out, okay...Nagy is then the man.

I visited Packers boards and they all seem to think Rodgers is gonna blow the Bears out. They think Bears D is nothing and that Rodgers has something to prove and will look playoff ready in week 1.
Living in Wisconsin, I am often forced to watch a lot of Packers games and Rodgers has never come out of the gates looking great. They barely beat Seattle last opener and Seattle was trash.

I fully expect the Packers to come out sluggish, but sadly, I think the Bears will do the same. First Half might look a lot like that Thursday Night mess.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
it depends on how bad it goes! If we lose a close winnable game then it's livable with, but if we go there and shut the bed and Mitchell trubisky looks terrible then I don't blame anybody for doing the chicken little!

There's a reason tomorrow is called "Overreaction Monday". Not every team that looks bad today is really bad, and not every team that will win a game today is really good. Hopefully, we're not shitting the bed, but on the road at Lambeau in the very first game of the regime and for two LB's who held out is the worst case scenario. It may be fair to call it the most likely loss on the schedule, Pats notwithstanding.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want cause for concern, just go back and watch that Cincinnati pre-season game. That game did not inspire confidence in the starters.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one thing that would (will?) get me truly pissed off is if the Fudge get bailed out with ridiculous interpretations of the helmet rule.

And I believe this vague helmet rule is tailor-made to bail their league-protected asses out, and will work to their benefit about 16 times a year.

Before the Mack trade, I thought we were going to get blown out. I think we'll lose a close one now, so I'm anticipating a lot of posts blaming the refs for our loss.

For me, if the refs gain even more power in deciding the outcome of the games, I will be joining the untold thousands of others who quit watching the NFL. I'm halfway there already.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
On the opposite end, if we pull off an upset, how many people will start claiming we will be Super Bowl bound?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the opposite end, if we pull off an upset, how many people will start claiming we will be Super Bowl bound?

Ah you know what will happen; the media will start saying "What's wrong with Aaron Rodgers" and "Is it time for Mike McCarthy to move on?" Either way I find media coverage of the Bears amusing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Before the Mack trade, I thought we were going to get blown out. I think we'll lose a close one now, so I'm anticipating a lot of posts blaming the refs for our loss.

For me, if the refs gain even more power in deciding the outcome of the games, I will be joining the untold thousands of others who quit watching the NFL. I'm halfway there already.

The rule is way too vague and poorly designed. And, as we have seen, when the focus is on enforcing a new rule early season games are way overofficiated. I expect lots of controversy today.

And any time the rule calls for subjective decisions, it can lead to refs determining the outcome. The "in the grasp" rule was applied unevenly, as mobile QB's were not whistled down as quickly. The late hits now are very, very unevenly applied. Hit Rodgers immediately after releasing the ball and get flagged. Stafford gets no such protection.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Ah you know what will happen; the media will start saying "What's wrong with Aaron Rodgers" and "Is it time for Mike McCarthy to move on?" Either way I find media coverage of the Bears amusing.
Agree, the media will be all over “what is wrong with AR”, not what is right with the Bears. This board just might lock up either way.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears win: "Superbowl!"

Bears lose: "Season's over!"

Either way it might be best to avoid CCS tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Aeospian will rip off his tiny dick when the Bears get blown out tonight

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Omelet.

Of course, he's always like that, so.
Wrong answer.

Terribly wrong for Omelet would be for the Bear to destroy the Packers both offensively as well as defensively. That way, he would have no way to complain.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
The bears are going to blast the packers out into outer space. It won't even be close.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I was thinking about that after I posted.

Now that is an interesting thing to think about, "What would Ommy complain about if the Bears were to destroy the Packers both offensively and defensively?"

1. Sure, the defense man-handled the Packers but they are no 85 Bears.

2. Now if you want to talk about a good Bears team, I recall my 60th birthday present. I got tickets to the 1940 championship game and the Bears won 73 to 0. The offense and defense were much better than the Bears today and that was under the pressure of a championship game.