Who will Poles extend, Keenan Allen or DJ Moore?

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Or both?

With Allen being in his final contract year and Moore entering his final contract year next season, I just don’t see Ryan Poles extending both with premium contracts in the $20/25 million range each. $45/50 million is too much money tied into one position that’s not QB, in my opinion.

I found it interesting that reports surfaced about a future Keenan Allen extension around the same time he showed up in Bears gear for the Caleb Williams pro day. It appears that Caleb and Keenan have already formed a relationship, which is a definite positive for the team. Keenan Allen is on record as saying that he refused the Chargers attempt at restructuring his contract because he believed he was coming off his best statistical season, so we should expect him to view the Bears front office the same way when it comes to his next contract.

I also find it interesting that we’re not hearing the same type of reports for DJ Moore after his amazing season. Moore was very outspoken for Justin Fields towards the end of the season and immediately after the season, even going so far as to say that Fields was a better quarterback than Caleb Williams when he was asked. I’m hoping none of that impacts a potential DJ Moore extension.

From what I’ve seen of Poles so far, he seems to want to pair an expensive contract with an inexpensive one, if they’re playing the same position. CB1/CB2, SS/FS, RG/LG, RE/LE, and I expect him to do the same with the other positions.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
that's what a fully functioning brain would tell anybody, which would explain your not getting it
bale-1.jpg
ooooo sooooo good!! coming from a lions fan that spends his pathetic days on a bears message board

have you read the script too?? if so, did you see the part where they wont let the Lions EVER win a super bowl?!?!

Also, you having trouble using the bold function??? fucking old ass boomer that can barely use a computer

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
View attachment 36679
ooooo sooooo good!! coming from a lions fan that spends his pathetic days on a bears message board

have you read the script too?? if so, did you see the part where they wont let the Lions EVER win a super bowl?!?!

Also, you having trouble using the bold function??? fucking old ass boomer that can barely use a computer
fucking ass twat whose next sexual experience will be his 1st

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
If Poles wants youth and longevity, extend Moore over Allen. I see no issues with Moore whatsoever. Allen will be dropping off.
If that is their intent, they will draft a receiver to backfill Allen next year or see potential in their current young receivers (Scott).

mbison

Liked Posts:
Or both?

With Allen being in his final contract year and Moore entering his final contract year next season, I just don’t see Ryan Poles extending both with premium contracts in the $20/25 million range each. $45/50 million is too much money tied into one position that’s not QB, in my opinion.

I found it interesting that reports surfaced about a future Keenan Allen extension around the same time he showed up in Bears gear for the Caleb Williams pro day. It appears that Caleb and Keenan have already formed a relationship, which is a definite positive for the team. Keenan Allen is on record as saying that he refused the Chargers attempt at restructuring his contract because he believed he was coming off his best statistical season, so we should expect him to view the Bears front office the same way when it comes to his next contract.

I also find it interesting that we’re not hearing the same type of reports for DJ Moore after his amazing season. Moore was very outspoken for Justin Fields towards the end of the season and immediately after the season, even going so far as to say that Fields was a better quarterback than Caleb Williams when he was asked. I’m hoping none of that impacts a potential DJ Moore extension.

From what I’ve seen of Poles so far, he seems to want to pair an expensive contract with an inexpensive one, if they’re playing the same position. CB1/CB2, SS/FS, RG/LG, RE/LE, and I expect him to do the same with the other positions.
He can extend them both. Allen is almost 32 so they will give him another year and a reduced price. Moore will get a longer extension

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Both, whats the point of the "rookie QB contract window" if you arent stacking weapons for your rookie QB. Maybe have to let Edmunds and Davis go but WELL BE OK IF THAT HAPPENS.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
fucking ass twat whose next sexual experience will be his 1st
projecting much?!?!

so angry....angry lil boomer that cant figure out how to use the bold text properly LMAO

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both, whats the point of the "rookie QB contract window" if you arent stacking weapons for your rookie QB.

Yep. Just got to stack the contracts.

Allen goes first because Moore still has two years left on his contract, so waiting another year should not be an issue from that class act of a player

Front load Allen's contract so he is hapoy now, but you are easily out of it before the 2026 draft. If Moore continues his accent as the best skill player on the team...you give him Tyreke Hill money before you got to pay that QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Allen ASAP

Moore before 2025 FA begins

Huh. That’s the opposite of what I’ve seen most people say. Usually it’s extend DJ now…. And wait to see how Allen does during the season. Why did you pick that order? Just curious

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Or both?

is there any reason to rush into extension talks with allen? the only notable free agents next year is jenkins and herbert...i dont think jenkins is a candidate for extension until he shows he can stay healthy. i dont expect herbert to cost much if they decide to keep him...bears will have upwards of 90 mill in space to work out something...

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Both, whats the point of the "rookie QB contract window" if you arent stacking weapons for your rookie QB. Maybe have to let Edmunds and Davis go but WELL BE OK IF THAT HAPPENS.
If you are saying what some are suggesting, extend Allen 1 or 2 years and Moore extended long term, then I’m ok with that. I don’t want to extend them both long term though. That’s too much money invested in WR.

I think that our defense can be special, so I’d like to keep the main pieces together for a few more years, and that includes Edmunds. I also believe that Nate Davis was playing good ball in between his physical and emotional injuries, so if he can give us close to a full season this season, I’d like to keep him aboard to help the Offensive line continue to gel.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends on what they do at #9. If they go edge, then I sign Allen to a small extension and concentrate on Moore next off season.

If they go WR, then you can wait a little