Who will Poles extend, Keenan Allen or DJ Moore?

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
is there any reason to rush into extension talks with allen? the only notable free agents next year is jenkins and herbert...i dont think jenkins is a candidate for extension until he shows he can stay healthy. i dont expect herbert to cost much if they decide to keep him...bears will have upwards of 90 mill in space to work out something...
Reports began to come out about Allen and the Bears discussing extension right now, so it appears to be a current possibility.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Huh. That’s the opposite of what I’ve seen most people say. Usually it’s extend DJ now…. And wait to see how Allen does during the season. Why did you pick that order? Just curious
I have a feeling that DJ Moore was exactly who Poles was thinking about when he made the comment about how he likes to do his extensions in a certain order (not exact words but you know the comment i'm talking about) when he was asked about if he's going to sign Keenan to an extension.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Reports began to come out about Allen and the Bears discussing extension right now, so it appears to be a current possibility.
i'm sure poles has had preliminary conversations but given that poles is pretty cafeul about how much he wants to pay i dont see it getting done till maybe training camp or even after the season if they cant agree

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that DJ Moore was exactly who Poles was thinking about when he made the comment about how he likes to do his extensions in a certain order (not exact words but you know the comment i'm talking about) when he was asked about if he's going to sign Keenan to an extension.
Agreed

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And wait to see how Allen does during the season. Why did you pick that order?

Because if you believed in him enough to blow the draft pick this year, you believe enough to blow the cap space on him this year so he can be released with minimal cap impact before the 2026 season if I have younger & cheaper option by then.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because if you believed in him enough to blow the draft pick this year, you believe enough to blow the cap space on him this year so he can be released with minimal cap impact before the 2026 season if I have younger & cheaper option by then.

He’s already got a 23 (I think) cap hit this year. Not really following.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
I agree with the part about trading a draft pick for him. That, in itself, indicates that the Bears plan on keeping him beyond this season.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
DJ Moore needs to be around longer term.

Allen is a 1 to 2 year extension at most due to age and durability.
This is what would make the most sense, but I get this feeling that a WR at 9 is the Moore replacement.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is what would make the most sense, but I get this feeling that a WR at 9 is the Moore replacement.
Really? That would be a stupid decision imo. DJ Moore is the perfect WR to have who's a professional on and off the field and the guy doesn't get hurt and when he does get hurt but is able to play through it then that's exactly what he does.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Would be Bears like sure but Poles got Moore as part of the haul last year and he produced in a Bears uniform, it's a no brainer.

With all due respect to Allen, he has done jack shit in a Bears uniform, obviously cause he has yet to play a game for them.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Depends what Moore will be asking for.

Moore might be asking for top dollar. Allen probably won’t.

If you’re drafting a WR at 9, you might let the expensive one go.

Not what I want to happen, but I could see it happening. Don’t assume that Moore is getting the extension first just because he’s younger and better. It doesn’t always work like that.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Depends what Moore will be asking for.

Moore might be asking for top dollar. Allen probably won’t.

If you’re drafting a WR at 9, you might let the expensive one go.

Not what I want to happen, but I could see it happening. Don’t assume that Moore is getting the extension first just because he’s younger and better. It doesn’t always work like that.
Keenan Allen said during his Chicago Bears introductory press conference that he refused the Chargers request for him to restructure his contract because he’s coming off of his best season, which is why they traded him here.

Business is business, so if he didn’t give the team that he spent his entire career with a discount, it’s highly doubtful that he plans on giving a discount to a team that he’s yet to suit up for.