Who will Poles extend, Keenan Allen or DJ Moore?

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking Allen will end up being a rental. Which is fine.
I believe you’re right, man.

Do you believe they may trade him mid season to a team willing to extend him?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Now that we’ve drafted Rome Odunze with our other top 10 draft pick, it appears certain that either DJ Moore or Keenan Allen will no longer be part of the Bears after this season.
It’s in their best interest to see how Allen holds up this season. They can extend him after the year if they want to do that.

The Eagles just gave new deals to Brown and Smith.

The Bears can keep both.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Allen should only be here for one year now that Odunze is in the room. There won’t be enough catches to go around to justify paying big money to both Moore and Allen.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I believe you’re right, man.

Do you believe they may trade him mid season to a team willing to extend him?
I think he'll be a Bear for the year personally. He knows Caleb and is a great player still. You want him around as a reliable target for your young QB so he learns to trust his guys early on. At the end of the year you can see where you're at as far as his productivity, injury concerns, etc. Moore/Odunze for the next 4 years together after that is still fucking awesome.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Now that we’ve drafted Rome Odunze with our other top 10 draft pick, it appears certain that either DJ Moore or Keenan Allen will no longer be part of the Bears after this season.
Not possible. I’ve been assured only an idiot would believe that the Bears would ever let a good player walk. The cap doesn’t exist, or something.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
It’s in their best interest to see how Allen holds up this season. They can extend him after the year if they want to do that.

The Eagles just gave new deals to Brown and Smith.

The Bears can keep both.
The difference is that the Eagles don’t have a blue chip top 10 drafted rookie WR behind those two guys.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if Allen likes how this year goes, we could extend him for a year or two at a slightly reduced rate.
I do think that when it comes time for DJM to get an extension, we might do it, yes.

I think Allen will be here 1-3 years.
DJM 5+ years.
Odunze—his whole career if we do this right.

Reactions: Myk

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rome being around our guys in the WR room are going to help his growth tremendously. We will have to see if Allen is expendable or not depending on how Odunze acclimates as a rookie.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Extend Moore to coincide with Rome’s rookie contract length. See if a deal can get done with Allen that is reasonable given his age. If not, fine. Hopefully they get a comp pick back.