Who's the best player in the 2023 NFL Draft?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were in the same recruiting class and Bryce was rated higher. Anderson was 1 spot ahead of Carter as well. I don't see any reason based on what they did on the college field to have Carter higher than Young.

are you talking about high school rn?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears gon draft a 3 tech or edge or trade down. Folks should prob start accepting that now.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think most people realize those are the 3 most likely scenarios at this point

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter what people realize. Would be nice for the boards tho if people came to terms with it sooner than later.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There isn't anything close to a WR worth a top 5 pick. I guess you could maybe project an OT there, but really Carter and Anderson seem to be far ahead of the rest of the non-QB pack.

I think in most instances a trade down is preferable if you can stay around the top 10 and pick up another first. Seattle could be a great trade partner as they have two firsts this year.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Carter's prior season also pales in comparison to some actually elite interior DL seasons though.

Quinnen Williams, Jonathan Allen, Christian Wilkins, Ed Oliver were vastly superior in terms of TFL and sacks. (Granted Oliver was playing weaker competition)

Carter's production seems more in line with Kinlaw, Derrick Brown, Devonte Wyatt.
Respectfully disagree. No disrespect man, but it sounds like you’ve never really seen a lot of UGA games. I would like Anderson as the pick also, but I defer to the people who watch Bama and/or study tape because I don’t watch a lot of Bama football. Everything I’ve read about him says he is a stud, so I’d trust that evaluation and potential.

Carter was positively the best DL on that historic front last season (imo). It was so loaded stats were spread around.

Coming off injury this year. Now who knows-he could just be average in the pros. But his size, speed, strength, technical ability is super rare and elite. Nothing like Kinlaw was.

But shit, I also wouldn’t mind a trade down for a haul, and then get Skoronski or Addison.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

k'z

Has anyone else here charted plays and broken his game down? Let alone 'watch' the gamez. I gotz the full in-depth scouting report, but thats for da industry peeps and das patreon.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not foolish at all. You don’t take a complete outlier like Donald to prove your point unless you think another Donald is available, which you’re not saying…. On average DE is the logical choice. I think finding a really good DT in later rounds is a better value pick.
Wrong.

The Bears do not need any ol' DT. That is the point that most do not get. The Bears need that very rare penetrating 3 tech DT. They need a player that is attacking one gap after his very first step.

Here he is talking about his impact.

That type of DT is much rarer than an extremely good penetrating DE because he is more disruptive than that DE because his damage is happening 3 yards from the QB instead of 12, not to mention that he eats up any place for the QB to run from his attack. With a DE, the QB can take a step or two forward and escape the rush.

Now is there a penetrating DE or penetrating DT in this draft?

Chances are way higher for there being a really good penetrating DE than there being a really good penetrating DT, really good penetrating DTs being so rare.

Liked Posts:
Wrong.

The Bears do not need any ol' DT. That is the point that most do not get. The Bears need that very rare penetrating 3 tech DT. They need a player that is attacking one gap after his very first step.

Here he is talking about his impact.

That type of DT is much rarer than an extremely good penetrating DE because he is more disruptive than that DE because his damage is happening 3 yards from the QB instead of 12, not to mention that he eats up any place for the QB to run from his attack. With a DE, the QB can take a step or two forward and escape the rush.

Now is there a penetrating DE or penetrating DT in this draft?

Chances are way higher for there being a really good penetrating DE than there being a really good penetrating DT, really good penetrating DTs being so rare.
Yeah....that's my point...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah....that's my point...
You were making one point, this year's top DE is better than this year's top DT. This may be true.

I was making another point, you saying that always take the penetrating DE than the top DT is not an accurate idea. For a team that needs a penetrating DT, if the once in a decade penetrating DT comes along, you go with the penetrating DT over the penetrating DE.

Both are good ideas depending on the situation.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But we can do this cherry-picking 'you need to watch X game' back and forth and nitpicking of stats for games Carter was non-impactful but Anderson was this year.

And hint....Carter doesn't sniff the QB all game in a lot of games while Anderson wrecks things. You picked the outlier game against Tennessee where the shoe was on the other foot (difference of one sack). And that's not to poo-poo you for liking the guy, I just think with already injured goods in Carter, his next month of games is that much more critical to maintain the 'blue chip' status that was handed to him and an amazing year last year should have no bearing on him this year, especially when there's a strong case to be made for Carter not being as good as we all think without a guy like Jordan Davis being next to him on the DL.
I brought up the Tennessee game because it’s the only game this season that Carter and Anderson have as a common opponent

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The question should be if the bears are lucky enough to have a top 3 pick would you rather take whoever you think is the best between Carter or Anderson or trade down.
Where the Bears are sitting talent wise...................trade down. Get as many high picks as you can from a QB needy team. Hell, I would even trade with the Lions if it gave the Bears what they need.

Even with a trade down the Bears would still be in a position to help DL or OL.