Who's the best player in the 2023 NFL Draft?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Right now it's between Jalen Carter and Will Anderson Jr if Bears are in position to draft either one they should go for it.

Jalen Carter reminds me a lot of Quinnen Williams who's been a beast with the Jets.

Give me Carter and sign Payne. Defense gets a lot better with those two players. Spend more money in decent bets on D. Sign a RT and C.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The question should be if the bears are lucky enough to have a top 3 pick would you rather take whoever you think is the best between Carter or Anderson or trade down.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It's Bijan Robinson, but he doesn't play a premium position.

He's basically a bigger and more athletic (and more flexible) Christian McCafferty.

WalterFootball knows nothing about football, but he does know a few scouts. The scouts he quoted said:
1. He's the best runner and the best receiving RB this year.
2. He's the best overall RB prospect since Marshall Faulk.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm not really concerned with his weight. He's is extremely strong, he's put that on tape, whether it be at the point of attack or the mesh point.

It's like looking at Leonard Floyd , Micah Parsons and Clay Mathews coming out and just pasting the undersize lable on them without any context. One of those players weight was a legitimate question because of the lack of strength on film.

Now, Floyd developed into a pretty good run defender but it definitely took time.

Your point about what Flus and Co. covet is valid.
I'm not concerned either. Just pointing out what someone else said. And yeah, it's valid, but like I said about Bryce Young, if you can play undersized in the SEC, you can play undersized in the NFL. Half the league is SEC players anyway. He'll be just fine.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
The question should be if the bears are lucky enough to have a top 3 pick would you rather take whoever you think is the best between Carter or Anderson or trade down.
Trading down obviously depends on the packages being offered. You’d like to get what the Dolphins got from the 49ers for Lance. You don’t want to think too far ahead, but it would certainly be nice to have the ammunition to move up in ‘24 for Marvin Harrison Jr.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That’s the other critical question. Depends how far they would have to move down. If it nets a good haul, and they can still draft someone like Skoronski or Addison? Sure, depending on what they get back.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Best player in this draft is Bryce Young, QB Alabama. He was the #2 recruit in his class. Has a Heisman. Is continually showing on the field at the most important position.

Carter vs. Anderson is a toss up. I do think Anderson is the more likely Bears draft pick, because I think the Bears will hammer the DT position in free agency. I'd honestly be surprised if they don't end up with one of the top FA DTs, and at least 1 other guy.
Heisman trophy winner, 2x National Championship winning QB, National Championship game MVP, 2x Maxwell Award winner, Manning Awrd winner, Tim Tebow, says hello.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Heisman trophy winner and 2x National Championship winning QB, Tim Tebow, says hello.
What does this even mean? I'm not saying he's the best because of the Heisman. Clearly just a footnote. And you had to go all the way back to Tebow and skipped over QB Heisman winners: Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray.....two of whom happen to be undersized just like Young.

And obviously, there's a clear difference between Tebow and the likely #1 pick in this year's draft. Is it that outlandish that I think the player likeliest to get #1 is the best player? You guys are really damn weird.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Something something, High School Prom King

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What does this even mean? I'm not saying he's the best because of the Heisman. Clearly just a footnote. And you had to go all the way back to Tebow and skipped over QB Heisman winners: Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray.....two of whom happen to be undersized just like Young.

And obviously, there's a clear difference between Tebow and the likely #1 pick in this year's draft. Is it that outlandish that I think the player likeliest to get #1 is the best player? You guys are really damn weird.
You keep bringing up the fact Kyler murray is short as though that is bolstering the "draft a short guy" argument.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Which position you play has a lot to do with player rankings.

I personally like carter the most but I also don’t want to draft a qb and this Bryce young to me isn’t as a valuable for the Bears

But qb needy teams will have young much higher on their boards due to need and the importance of QB vs any other position.

Not as black and white as it may seem

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Y’all need to go watch the bama/Tennessee game and the Georgia/Tennessee game. After you watch both, then tell me who impacts games more…Anderson or Carter?

Hint…Anderson doesn’t sniff the QB all game. Carter absolutely wrecked Tennessees offense with his pressure up the middle, forcing the pocket back into the QB
But we can do this cherry-picking 'you need to watch X game' back and forth and nitpicking of stats for games Carter was non-impactful but Anderson was this year.

And hint....Carter doesn't sniff the QB all game in a lot of games while Anderson wrecks things. You picked the outlier game against Tennessee where the shoe was on the other foot (difference of one sack). And that's not to poo-poo you for liking the guy, I just think with already injured goods in Carter, his next month of games is that much more critical to maintain the 'blue chip' status that was handed to him and an amazing year last year should have no bearing on him this year, especially when there's a strong case to be made for Carter not being as good as we all think without a guy like Jordan Davis being next to him on the DL.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Will Anderson.

I don't get the Jalen Carter hype, quite honestly. It sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me that a guy who's never had the kind of sack production you'd like from a 3 technique DT is going to suddenly turn it on in the pros because his pressure percentage is good.

I'm not saying Carter will end up being a bust, but if I'm picking in the top 5, I'm not taking a player based on hope. Give me the guy who actually gets to the quarterback. Will Anderson does that better than anyone.
Agreed. Carter's production just isn't close to where you want it to be and never really has been.

Will Anderson is the one defender I could buy into.

Otherwise, sign me up for a trade down + Quentin Johnston. Then you go for OL in the middle rounds.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Carter's production just isn't close to where you want it to be and never really has been.

Will Anderson is the one defender I could buy into.

Otherwise, sign me up for a trade down + Quentin Johnston. Then you go for OL in the middle rounds.
At least take the best wr after the trade down

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
But we can do this cherry-picking 'you need to watch X game' back and forth and nitpicking of stats for games Carter was non-impactful but Anderson was this year.

And hint....Carter doesn't sniff the QB all game in a lot of games while Anderson wrecks things. You picked the outlier game against Tennessee where the shoe was on the other foot (difference of one sack). And that's not to poo-poo you for liking the guy, I just think with already injured goods in Carter, his next month of games is that much more critical to maintain the 'blue chip' status that was handed to him and an amazing year last year should have no bearing on him this year, especially when there's a strong case to be made for Carter not being as good as we all think without a guy like Jordan Davis being next to him on the DL.
Carter's prior season also pales in comparison to some actually elite interior DL seasons though.

Quinnen Williams, Jonathan Allen, Christian Wilkins, Ed Oliver were vastly superior in terms of TFL and sacks. (Granted Oliver was playing weaker competition)

Carter's production seems more in line with Kinlaw, Derrick Brown, Devonte Wyatt.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Who you got?

Johnston seems like WR1 to me. He has frame to fill out a bit too.
Addison would be my guy if I'm taking the first wr. Otherwise I'm more interested in some of the guys that might go a little later (Hyatt, Tillman, downs). Although I think with his production and after the combine, hyatts stock is going to skyrocket