Who's the best Rock Band of all time and why is it Led Zeppelin?

Who's The Best Rock Band of All Time

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Led Zeppelin!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think that was the year I discovered the "gravity bong".

That shit was epic.

Stairway to Heaven....not so much.

Sorry, not sorry.
Yes, you got me there.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FTR, the rest of the band are pretty spectacular.

Jimmy Page is crazy talented. I just wish he held out for someone better than Robert Plant.

I know it's literally impossible, but imagine Led Zeppelin with someone like Janis Joplin singing and songwriting.

That band probably would have been GOAT.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Meh, when Zep wanted to be clean and clear, it was clean and clear. Page was kind of a master in the studio and arranged everything according to the sound he wanted to achieve. I'm not sure production value is the right term for this comparison. I'm also not a music expert, but I can play guitar pretty terribly.
What song produced by Page wasn’t clean and clear? Eddie Kramer is a good read when it comes to Zeppelin in the studio.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
FTR, the rest of the band are pretty spectacular.

Jimmy Page is crazy talented. I just wish he held out for someone better than Robert Plant.

I know it's literally impossible, but imagine Led Zeppelin with someone like Janis Joplin singing and songwriting.

That band probably would have been GOAT.

People either love or hate Plant. Personally, I love the wailing. Bonham is seriously the greatest drummer of all time FTW. Page is up there. Obviously can't top Hendrix, and I think Stevie Ray Vaughn outclasses him as well, but he's still fucking amazing. Jones gets hardly no recognition, but the dude was a damn good bassist and could produce just as well as Page quite frankly.

What song produced by Page wasn’t clean and clear? Eddie Kramer is a good read when it comes to Zeppelin in the studio.

A lot of their stuff has a gritty feel, so I understand what @airtime143 is saying. I think Page said he often left the mistakes in the recording because it was a better feel and more real or some shit like that.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
People either love or hate Plant. Personally, I love the wailing. Bonham is seriously the greatest drummer of all time FTW. Page is up there. Obviously can't top Hendrix, and I think Stevie Ray Vaughn outclasses him as well, but he's still fucking amazing. Jones gets hardly no recognition, but the dude was a damn good bassist and could produce just as well as Page quite frankly.

A lot of their stuff has a gritty feel, so I understand what @airtime143 is saying. I think Page said he often left the mistakes in the recording because it was a better feel and more real or some shit like that.
Funny thing is when I see bands that do Zeppelin songs most of the time it’s the singing that they can’t get right.
SRV is in my top 5 for sure. And Hendrix is the man. Of course Page is my favorite, my playing relates more to his than any other guitarist. His acoustic playing is amazing once you delve into it. Going to California on the remaster has a version with just guitars......simply amazing in my opinion.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Funny thing is when I see bands that do Zeppelin songs most of the time it’s the singing that they can’t get right.
SRV is in my top 5 for sure. And Hendrix is the man. Of course Page is my favorite, my playing relates more to his than any other guitarist. His acoustic playing is amazing once you delve into it. Going to California on the remaster has a version with just guitars......simply amazing in my opinion.

I'm actually looking at getting a new guitar. I'd like to at least look impressive while I fuck up stairway.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm actually looking at getting a new guitar. I'd like to at least look impressive while I fuck up stairway.
What kind do you think you’ll get?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fender Strat.
Nice choice. I just bought a Bullet Telecaster. I know it’s not a traditional Fender but with a little work it can be a great guitar and it’s a tad bit cheaper price wise

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nice choice. I just bought a Bullet Telecaster. I know it’s not a traditional Fender but with a little work it can be a great guitar and it’s a tad bit cheaper price wise
I have a japanese '66 tele custom. Has a forward humbucker. Tits.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not a bad guitar, but how much do you plan to pay for it?

Under 1K. Thinking about taking lessons this time as well so I can actually be decent.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Under 1K. Thinking about taking lessons this time as well so I can actually be decent.
it’s a great guitar to learn on. The tone is great and the sustain is perfect for what I paid for it. I didn’t have to doing any adjustments on the neck during the intonation.

80381AD7-DBAF-41A8-B0A1-0141DD682721.jpeg

Last edited:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
it is funny- queen vs. Zep reminds me of comparing metallica and megadeth in the 80s and 90s.
Both similar, both considered the same genre, but metallica recorded cleaner and sounded tighter. (Queen)
Megadeth sounded dirtier and less produced, and had a far looser feel.(zep)
Metallica was simply better than Megadeth. Period.

That by no means that one doesn't cheat on their favorite band by enjoying other bands. It just means that on the pedestal it is simply Metallica, Pantera, and everyone else when it concerns heavy metal.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since we're on the subject, check out "It Might Get Loud" if you haven't seen it...Jack White and The Edge realizing they're 3 feet from Jimmy Page playing "Whole Lotta Love" on his sunburst Les Paul...

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, there are a bunch of these on YouTube...The Song Remains The Same was OK, but it's a shame these weren't filmed...these shows in Osaka in 1972 are the mighty Zeppelin at its very best...