Why did the Chicago Blackhawks sign Daniel Carcillo?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Whatever happened to Zenon Konopka?
You have one hell of a FO guy that can be the physical presence for a playoff team.

He'd be cool to have if we didn't have Kruger. Wasn't a bad 4th liner.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Past tense. Two or three years ago I would have loved to have him. Now? Not so much.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
So, how mad is everyone going to be when Versteeg comes back and Teuvo gets sent back to Rockford?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Meh, with Versteeg coming back, that basically bumps him into a 4th line role so sending him to Rockford isn't a big deal as it will get him more playing time then the 12 minutes he's averaging now. Unless Q wants to move Bickell down to the 4th line...

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Meh, with Versteeg coming back, that basically bumps him into a 4th line role so sending him to Rockford isn't a big deal as it will get him more playing time then the 12 minutes he's averaging now. Unless Q wants to move Bickell down to the 4th line...

I'm just saying that because everyone says that when Versteeg comes back it puts Carcillo in the pressbox...like 7 min a night would be good for Carcilo

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Also, you know another thing Carcillo does that drives me insane? Noticed it while watching in person on Sunday.

Whenever the Hawks d-men get control of the puck, he takes off up the ice like he's a goddam Patrick Kane, instead of giving his teammates a reliable outlet pass to start an easy breakout.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Also, you know another thing Carcillo does that drives me insane? Noticed it while watching in person on Sunday.

Whenever the Hawks d-men get control of the puck, he takes off up the ice like he's a goddam Patrick Kane, instead of giving his teammates a reliable outlet pass to start an easy breakout.

causing a distraction with his speed knowing that the pass isn't coming to him.

GOAT's gonna GOAT

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
So, how mad is everyone going to be when Versteeg comes back and Teuvo gets sent back to Rockford?

Only way TT stays is if the Blackhawks are prepared to bump Bickell/Shaw down to the fourth line. Are the Blackhawks prepared for this? Probably not.

TT has shown flashes but he has also shown that he has a little ways to go. Great speed, hands, creativity...but plenty to improve. He needs to become more selfish, stronger on the puck and boards, can't play afraid at times, and cut down on the turnovers. The potential is obviously still there and he is getting closer each day to realizing it. I personally think he should be sent back to the AHL and re-visit bringing him up before the playoffs if he is a guy that is going to help this team, which he certainly could be.

Variable

Liked Posts:
A fourth line of Smith-Kruger and Shaw would be really good I think. From there you could mix and match things up quite a bit, gives you a lot of options. Maybe put Bickell on the top line with Toews and Hossa, you could keep the Versteeg, Richards, Kane line intact if you wanted and then a crazy line of Sharp-Teuvo and Saad. That's the deepest team in the league there. Why waste a roster spot? Shaw does the same thing Carcillo does, except he isn't a dirty player about it.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
A fourth line of Smith-Kruger and Shaw would be really good I think. From there you could mix and match things up quite a bit, gives you a lot of options. Maybe put Bickell on the top line with Toews and Hossa, you could keep the Versteeg, Richards, Kane line intact if you wanted and then a crazy line of Sharp-Teuvo and Saad. That's the deepest team in the league there. Why waste a roster spot? Shaw does the same thing Carcillo does, except he isn't a dirty player about it.

Shaw isn't a dirty player? Tell that to all the goalies he's crashed at full speed. (Not counting Mike Smith, because Fuck Mike Smith)

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

He might be told to do that so he stretches the other teams defensemen back and allows more room for the guys regrouping through the neutral zone. Plus, the D can always fire a puck to him and he tips/chips it deep for a forecheck.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If TT isn't going to play more than 8-9 minutes a night in a role he's not suited for, send him to Rockford till the next injury.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
He might be told to do that so he stretches the other teams defensemen back and allows more room for the guys regrouping through the neutral zone. Plus, the D can always fire a puck to him and he tips/chips it deep for a forecheck.

I literally just fucking said that four posts up.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Such Flow

Variable

Liked Posts:
Shaw isn't a dirty player? Tell that to all the goalies he's crashed at full speed. (Not counting Mike Smith, because Fuck Mike Smith)

Not dirty like Carcillo is.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Not dirty like Carcillo is.

I didn't know you were okay with a specific amount of dirt. What is your dirt quota for players you like to players you don't like?