Why do most hate him???

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol I like how Goff had a breakout season and they still ranked him behind Garoppolo and a bunch of other dudes that didn't have nearly as good of a year.

Mitch at #30 is pretty laughable, too.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
They ranked him where he belongs. He may of flashed a few times, but he is still a work in progress until proven otherwise. That's not a knock on him, it's just a reality. Hoping for the best and a better 2nd year. Will be telling if he makes big strides or stays the same.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What some sports columnist ranks Trubisky or any other QB is moot. It is what professional coaches think that matters. And of course what Trubisky does going forward.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RochBear

Liked Posts:
Trubisky did finish with the 4th lowest QB rating on that list. Ironically, he was only above Kizer, Simien and Hundley who he's above on that list. Of course, that doesn't take into account that he finished above several guys who played a lot of snaps this year like Savage, Beathard, Petty, Stanton, Osweiler, Gabbert, Moore and oh, Mike Glennon. So, it's misleading that Trubisky was the 4th worst starting QB. I'd take him as high as 17-21 range next year even if he had to play with the same OC and WRs.

Yup, and you hit it on the head as far as I see. The "QB" rating is a rating of the offense. The run threat, the OC, the OL and pass protection, the receivers. And the QB. What percent of the variance does the QB variable explain? Half? Less?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
"He did slightly better than a guy who was abysmal last season"

Lol wut

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's right where he belongs.

And I don't know why people keep talking about Jared Goff. Goff had a larger than average jump from his rookie season to his second year. It's possible Trubisky might too, and he might not. But it's like you guys expect these sportswriters to not only give him the benefit of that considerable doubt and assume that he will make equally as big a jump, but that they should preemptively rank him based on where you think/hope he should be when/if he does.

LOL.

Last edited: