Why do Ohio State QBs not do well in NFL?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have tbh but i thought Quinn was going to be a decent qb in the NFL. Not an elite guy but a guy that would have some success and be solid. Maybe make a pro bowl or two.
Quinn's biggest mistake was to add waaaaay too much muscle. Quinn somehow put on a lot of muscle from his Sophmore to Senior years. He was jacked like a pro-wrestler, which is terrible for accuracy. He got less accurate the more he played because of this.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The two QBs I was right about being franchise QBs were Peyton Manning and Elway. They both had the Talent and obsession to be the best.

Brady’s obsession tops it all. In the NFL. Brady’s obsession is close Michael Jordan’s obsession. Both are GOATs.

The one QB that lucked out was Eli Manning. Did Giants win 2 SBs because of him or in spite of him

The unlucky HOF QBs were Kelly, Marino, and Rivers. Any other team. They probably win multiple SBs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The two QBs I was right about being franchise QBs were Peyton Manning and Elway. They both had the Talent and obsession to be the best.

Brady’s obsession tops it all. In the NFL. Brady’s obsession is close Michael Jordan’s obsession. Both are GOATs.

The one QB that lucked out was Eli Manning. Did Giants win 2 SBs because of him or in spite of him

The unlucky HOF QBs were Kelly, Marino, and Rivers. Any other team. They probably win multiple SBs.

In all due respect......Rivers is not in the discussion IMO. Heck, he never even made it to a SB.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In all due respect......Rivers is not in the discussion IMO. Heck, he never even made it to a SB.
Its not all River's fault though. He is a HOF QB by stats. Dan Fouts and Archie Manning never made an SB but still HOFers. It's team game. Heck are Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, or Nick Foles franchise QBs? A QB is just a big piece to a puzzle. The other pieces matter as well.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Scouting the school instead of the player is pretty dumb, tbh. Ohio State hasn't typically had great NFL talent at quarterback throughout their history. There have only been two first round picks, one being Art Schlister in the early 80's and then other being Dwyane Haskins.

It's just a dumb and lazy take.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Its not all River's fault though. He is a HOF QB by stats. Dan Fouts and Archie Manning never made an SB but still HOFers. It's team game. Heck are Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, or Nick Foles franchise QBs? A QB is just a big piece to a puzzle. The other pieces matter as well.

Rivers had some good offensive talent...i.e. Tomilinson, Gates. I just feel like in $$$ games he just didn't come through. There just seemed to be something missing in his game.
It would take several paragraphs for me to analyze those other other Qb's. I'm sure u don't wanna go into TL: DNR mode
:)

Last edited: