WHy is ha ha rated so high?

GrinAndBearIt

Liked Posts:
Just wondering if theirs anybody who knows how to evaluate safety's ? Y is ha ha considerd by many the best safety. Is thier any bama fan that can give a legitimate scouting report on him. From the videos iv watched, ward , Joyner , Pryor , all seem better on footage I have access to on YouTube

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
say_wha.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smart player on the best defense HaHa had a head start on most so has been a first round prospect for a couple years.

He is tall, has ideal size, and comes from a program where he performed at the highest level. Basically, there is no lying with the tape on him, his floor is very high and he could be a safe pick for an above average safety with high intelligence and ideal size.

I personally like Pryer and Buchanon better, then HaHa and then Dixon. I like DT Donald or FS Calvin Pryor with the first round pick as surefire additions to improve the defense.

winterwarz

Clinton-Dix is more of a ballhawk than Pryor. Pryor isn't bad in coverage though but excels at run support. Also, Pryor had 18 reps at bench compared to Clinton-dix's 11. I like Clinton-Dix but would be happy with either one in blue and orange.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Smart player on the best defense HaHa had a head start on most so has been a first round prospect for a couple years.

He is tall, has ideal size, and comes from a program where he performed at the highest level. Basically, there is no lying with the tape on him, his floor is very high and he could be a safe pick for an above average safety with high intelligence and ideal size.

I personally like Pryer and Buchanon better, then HaHa and then Dixon. I like DT Donald or FS Calvin Pryor with the first round pick as surefire additions to improve the defense.

I watched Ha Ha in the bowl game, and he shied away from contact supporting the run. He throws a shoulder, and makes no attempt to wrap up. I have not seen him play a lot. (Or haven't paid particular attention prior to the bowl game) so that was based on just one game. But I was unimpressed. I would prefer Pryor, and I think Pryor will be the 1st safety gone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched Ha Ha in the bowl game, and he shied away from contact supporting the run. He throws a shoulder, and makes no attempt to wrap up. I have not seen him play a lot. (Or haven't paid particular attention prior to the bowl game) so that was based on just one game. But I was unimpressed. I would prefer Pryor, and I think Pryor will be the 1st safety gone.

I noticed Bostic hiding some in college too, disappearing into the wrong gap when tired.....did you notice the same?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He's considered the best over the top safety in the draft and Earl Thomas has made that an envogue position in this copy cat league.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I never saw Bostic play in college.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
All i have to say is that i saw his 2013 statistics along with some combine results and didnt think he was worth the bears first round pick. No matter how bad their need.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pryor and Ha Ha both looked good at the combine. Ha Ha is better in space, like it was said, more of a ballhawk, with Pryor being more of a brute, better at tackling, if memory serves me correctly. I'd be happy with either. They're slightly different players.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I like Haha and Pryor but if you are targeting either one of them I would trade down to get them. If the bears stay at #14 I expect Donald, Gilbert or Dennard to be taken.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Just wondering if theirs anybody who knows how to evaluate safety's ? Y is ha ha considerd by many the best safety. Is thier any bama fan that can give a legitimate scouting report on him. From the videos iv watched, ward , Joyner , Pryor , all seem better on footage I have access to on YouTube

Why would anyone bother to write up a scouting report for you when you can't be bothered to type simple words like "why"?

GrinAndBearIt

Liked Posts:
Yeah , as of today I'm hoping Donald in first ward in second. I also noticed ha ha avoid contact, but I just don't see the instincts in him compared to ward, Pryor, beucanon, Joyner , they all compared to ha ha are around the ball more often

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone bother to write up a scouting report for you when you can't be bothered to type simple words like "why"?

Be easy on him. He's likely only 12.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I can't understand why Haha is rated so highly either. Nothing about him sticks out to me on tape. He seems to me to be a product of a good overall defense rather than a difference-maker. Plus I think Alabama defensive players have been overrated in the draft. They all fit well in the system and feed off of each other in college, but most struggle to make the transition in the NFL to make a name for themselves. Hence, I don't want CJ Mosely either.

If it means anything I thought Bostic looked absolutely terrible on his college tape. I wasn't too fond of any of the ILB's last year, but was adamant in trying to stay away from Bostic. I thought he had a 4th round grad also, so I was extremely upset when we drafted him in the 2nd round. I don't think he was Emery's first choice, but he was desperate for a LB since they were all coming off the board. Won't be suprised if he is cut after another dreadful year.

Back to Safety, Pryor is my 2nd choice after Donald. I think Safety will be more a need, but Donald is a gem of a player and I think we could grab a solid safety in the 2nd/3rd round. I really like Ward, but we may need to move up in the 2nd round for him. I think Terrance Brooks or Ahmad Dixon in the 3rd will be a good value and realistic pick.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
During the drills at the combine he looked very smooth, and iv read that scouts liked his sophomore tape better than his junior tape. He has good coverage skills and natural hands and size to be play maker. I like him but 14 may be a little high, I like Bucannon as a 2nd round SS

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I can't understand why Haha is rated so highly either. Nothing about him sticks out to me on tape. He seems to me to be a product of a good overall defense rather than a difference-maker. Plus I think Alabama defensive players have been overrated in the draft. They all fit well in the system and feed off of each other in college, but most struggle to make the transition in the NFL to make a name for themselves. Hence, I don't want CJ Mosely either.

If it means anything I thought Bostic looked absolutely terrible on his college tape. I wasn't too fond of any of the ILB's last year, but was adamant in trying to stay away from Bostic. I thought he had a 4th round grad also, so I was extremely upset when we drafted him in the 2nd round. I don't think he was Emery's first choice, but he was desperate for a LB since they were all coming off the board. Won't be suprised if he is cut after another dreadful year.

Back to Safety, Pryor is my 2nd choice after Donald. I think Safety will be more a need, but Donald is a gem of a player and I think we could grab a solid safety in the 2nd/3rd round. I really like Ward, but we may need to move up in the 2nd round for him. I think Terrance Brooks or Ahmad Dixon in the 3rd will be a good value and realistic pick.
You had me right up to the point you said you would take Pryor as a 2nd choice after Donald. Please explain why you think FS is more of a need than DT/DE/CB? And could you tell me how great is the dropoff from HHCD and Pryor to Ward or Buchannon?

To the OP, HHCD is rated highest 1st and foremost because of the level of competition he played against and his consistent performance compared to the weak competition Pryor played against. HHCD is also smoother in his back pedal and pass coverage than Pryor. So a team might prefer those more pure FS skills over Pryors stronger run defense. (see Jairus Byrd vs TJ Ward)

Pryor also ended up being much smaller at 5'11" than the 6'2 he was listed. Athletically they are pretty similar but Pryor is stronger. I don't think either is an elite athlete or worthy of the #14 pick.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

i agree on clinton-dix. he looks like a solid safety to me but i don't see what makes him a top 15 pick in the draft. granted, we don't have access to coaches tape so sometimes it's hard to judge safeties and especially their range on the backside. usually, when they're doing their job, you don't see them on TV. i like pryor, but i do wonder if he's more of a strong safety and also his style of play is one that is less and less relevant due to the emphasis on player safety.

the two guys i really like who should be there in the 2nd are deone buchanon and terrance brooks. brooks i think is very under rated. HE looks like a true center fielder to me. a bit raw but i really like his game.