WHy is ha ha rated so high?

GrinAndBearIt

Liked Posts:
You had me right up to the point you said you would take Pryor as a 2nd choice after Donald. Please explain why you think FS is more of a need than DT/DE/CB? And could you tell me how great is the dropoff from HHCD and Pryor to Ward or Buchannon?

To the OP, HHCD is rated highest 1st and foremost because of the level of competition he played against and his consistent performance compared to the weak competition Pryor played against. HHCD is also smoother in his back pedal and pass coverage than Pryor. So a team might prefer those more pure FS skills over Pryors stronger run defense. (see Jairus Byrd vs TJ Ward)

Pryor also ended up being much smaller at 5'11" than the 6'2 he was listed. Athletically they are pretty similar but Pryor is stronger. I don't think either is an elite athlete or worthy of the #14 pick.

Myself I prefer the leadership of the def coming from , LB, Safety second, and DE . I like and believe your leadership on defense comes from the middle of the field as they give a identity to the def , they see everything. I bielieve phil is building a foundation again , but me as a fan can't see clear what direction we are realy going as far as def system.so the prospects that I see that might fall to us that are a playmakers with intensity are Donald , Pryor . CB is huge too, but I hAvnt counted Tillman out, I want him still so he can show our young players how its done.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You had me right up to the point you said you would take Pryor as a 2nd choice after Donald. Please explain why you think FS is more of a need than DT/DE/CB? And could you tell me how great is the dropoff from HHCD and Pryor to Ward or Buchannon?

To the OP, HHCD is rated highest 1st and foremost because of the level of competition he played against and his consistent performance compared to the weak competition Pryor played against. HHCD is also smoother in his back pedal and pass coverage than Pryor. So a team might prefer those more pure FS skills over Pryors stronger run defense. (see Jairus Byrd vs TJ Ward)

Pryor also ended up being much smaller at 5'11" than the 6'2 he was listed. Athletically they are pretty similar but Pryor is stronger. I don't think either is an elite athlete or worthy of the #14 pick.

I hear that Pryor may be better suited for SS though he is listen as a FS. Considering we have no legitimate SS on the roster, it would be a good pickup in my mind. The order of my picks would be Donald, Pryor, Ford, Denard. The only reason Denard is last is because I think the CB depth in the draft is deep and I think we will sign a CB in FA. I can understand why many choose to differ from my opinion though.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I hear that Pryor may be better suited for SS though he is listen as a FS. Considering we have no legitimate SS on the roster, it would be a good pickup in my mind. The order of my picks would be Donald, Pryor, Ford, Denard. The only reason Denard is last is because I think the CB depth in the draft is deep and I think we will sign a CB in FA. I can understand why many choose to differ from my opinion though.
I'd rank CBs: Gilbert, Dennard, Verret, and Robey and they are all worthy of 1st round picks. The only way the Bears should pass on either of them for a safety in the 1st is if they are really happy with the young players already on the team that we haven't seen much from.

Major Wright was better than Conte last year, mainly because as a SS he wasn't in coverage giving up big plays like the FS. My point in saying that is filling the SS position with Mundy is an easier fix than getting a real ball-hawking FS to replace Conte. Pryor has never had more than 3 INTs in a season so I don't think he fits what we need most. Jimmy Ward's 7 INT's or Buccanon's 6 INT's look more like ball-hawking FS numbers and they both should be there in the 2nd round.