My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Zero chance.

Trubisky could have a Mahomes year and still wouldn't get it. The national guys hate the Bears and Trubisky too much. They will never not believe that THE TRADE was terrible, and they have to validate that opinion by Trubisky not being worth it.

The bigger question is, what would it take for a Bear to win MVP? It would have to be an incredibly good year for the Bears with an already-known star playing out of his mind. If the Bears were 16-0 and Mack had 25+ sacks, that might get them there.
So are you saying the MVP award is akin to a Grammy award? A popularity award?

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So are you saying the MVP award is akin to a Grammy award? A popularity award?

Unless you just run away with it, you’re not going to win it if you’re not a household name or already a star, the vast majority of the time at least.

If it’s close between, say, Trubisky and Drew Brees, or Trubisky and Aaron Rodgers, you know who’s going to win.

There’s also the added fact that many nationally absolutely already have a grudge against Trubisky because they need to prove to themselves that the 49ers fleeced the Bears. If Trubisky won MVP, it’d put egg on their faces. They can’t have that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe, take it one step at a time. Maybe, he should learn how to do more than one read and take off running.
Maybe his guards will be healthier/better this year and allow more of that. Anyone bitching about his scrambles last year isn't getting it. Long finally has an offseason to get his shit back together(he looked like Jabba) and I expect good things from Daniels this year. I also expect better coordination of the O for all the players 2nd year in it and few better fit pieces. Monty, Patterson and a 2 armed AntMil.

I also think it's a bit early to talk about Mitch as MVP.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Maybe, take it one step at a time. Maybe, he should learn how to do more than one read and take off running.

That is a tired and lazy take that has been disproven many times by experts breaking down his play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's not seeing everything and could get tripped up like most inexperienced QBs but it's always getting better. In his defense, WR routes and reads could also have been better. Takes a while (reps against) to know how to react when a D surprises you. I think Mitch needs to become more proactive. He was still in try to run what's called learning mode and forcing some plays.

Last edited: