Why people expect Deng to take less than David West and Andre Inglodala?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Boozer missed the first 20 games in 2011. The Bulls were around .500 when he entered the lineup. The Bulls went like 50-10 afterwards, Coincidence, not.

So the MVP of the league in 2010-11 and the Coach of the Year weren't the primary reason the Bulls led the league in wins and got to the conference finals, is that what you're telling us? Carlos Boozer was the reason....?

5whxs0jpg.gif

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
So the MVP of the league in 2010-11 and the Coach of the Year weren't the primary reason the Bulls led the league in wins and got to the conference finals, is that what you're telling us? Carlos Boozer was the reason....?

5whxs0jpg.gif

Don't get mad at me. Just look it up. When Boozer entered the starting lineup the Bulls went 50-10. Believe it or not, Boozer was WAYYYYYY better than Taj Gibson. There was a reason Boozer was a legit 2 time All Star. Boozer was a monster in Utah.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Don't get mad at me. Just look it up. When Boozer entered the starting lineup the Bulls went 50-10. Believe it or not, Boozer was WAYYYYYY better than Taj Gibson. There was a reason Boozer was a legit 2 time All Star. Boozer was a monster in Utah.

you talk about system players...but dont consider Boozer one? you dont think Sloan made Boozer look better than he really was?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You seem to just look at stats and have an elementary view of players. I don't get it.

You can't argue with stats for one things. Go on youtube and pull up Carlos Boozer Utah highlights. If you want, put them against any Bulls player not named Derrick Rose and tell me who isn't an All Star.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
you talk about system players...but dont consider Boozer one? you dont think Sloan made Boozer look better than he really was?

No question Sloan got more out of Boozer than Thibs. Sloan was a better coach offensively. Maybe it is not the player but the coach. That being said, who is to say Deng would not have been a better player under PJ.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
No question Sloan got more out of Boozer than Thibs. Sloan was a better coach offensively. Maybe it is not the player but the coach. That being said, who is to say Deng would not have been a better player under PJ.

even if he did...he certainly wouldn't have been pippen

ginny

Liked Posts:
We do know how good the Bulls could've been -- we lost to the Heat in 5 games in the '11 ECF. Derrick Rose isn't the problem. When nobody else on the roster commands a double team, Rose was forced to deal with LeBron. A healthy Rose wasn't the issue. Not having a competent first-team floor spacer was.

^^^
This

I have said on several of these threads that an NBA team NEEDS 2 players that can create their own shot. This in turn creates spacing, allowing them to create because there is no way a defense can double 2 players at the same time. They will be forced to play zone, and teams with 2 players that can create a shot will win the majority of the time.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
lets say you're right....Scottie came in with a much better skillset to work with

Deng is not Pippen and could never be Pippen...drop it

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
^^^
This

I have said on several of these threads that an NBA team NEEDS 2 players that can create their own shot. This in turn creates spacing, allowing them to create because there is no way a defense can double 2 players at the same time. They will be forced to play zone, and teams with 2 players that can create a shot will win the majority of the time.
Or,

you need a better offensive concept other than just letting the point guard shoot all of the time. Like the triangle, for instance. D J Augustine scoring 28 is not lost on me.

ginny

Liked Posts:
There was a reason Boozer was a legit 2 time All Star. Boozer was a monster in Utah.

[FIXED]
Boozer is a much better player on a Western Conf team where there is less emphasis on defense.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
lets just say you're right....Scottie came in with a much better skillset to work with

Deng is not Pippen and could never be Pippen...just drop it

I did not say he was. You didn'tthink Deng was an allstar before Thibs got a hold of him. Who knows what PJ would have done with him. I just said Deng's career numbers come uncomfortably close to Pippen's. And they do. I also said Deng would have flourished in the triangle. Lastly, I think MJ was great enough to win multiple titles with Deng. Who wants to argue with that?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
[FIXED]
Boozer is a much better player on a Western Conf team where there is less emphasis on defense.

You don't think Sloan and Utah would not have been a force in the East like it was out West without having to go through the Lakers and Spurs?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
coulda shoulda woulda

this is all hypothetical stuff you're trying to argue

you think we shoulda payed Deng 13 million because he might woulda been able to win a title with MJ and PJax?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
coulda shoulda woulda

this is all hypothetical stuff your trying to argue

you think we shoulda payed demg 13 million be he might would be able to win a title with MJ and PJax?

Yes, I do not think Deng would have prevented MJ and Phil from winning titles. Sure, start over but don't insult the man with a below market deal to save face.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
well Drose is not MJ and Thibs is not Jackson

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
even if he did...he certainly wouldn't have been pippen

Without MJ, Pip would have been in much the same deal Deng was in. People disrespecting him and what not. Pip would not have handled things as well as Deng did either.