Will Aaron Rodgers demand a trade?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
No, and GB wouldn't trade him anyway.

Only way he'd want out is if the Packers pushed him out for Love, which, at this point, would be completely idiotic, given Rodgers is going to be coming off the best season of his career.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe he'll leave. I don't put a lot into a guy saying things while down after a tough loss in the NFC Championship game.

We won't know anything until he has a chance to review his situation there and his potential places to go. I could see him in Indy or Miami. Green Bay won't trade him in the NFC.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Packers didn't even make Love the 2nd string yet over Tim freaking Boyle. I doubt they let go of Rodgers at this point.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Rodgers isn’t going anywhere. He’s just being emotional after yet another season ends in disappointment.

Having said that, the Packers do have a lot of roster decisions to make considering the salary cap situation. They will need to rely on unproven guys to replace some pretty good players next year.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
He aint going anywhere...the NFC North is his for the next 5 years at least

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He may be pondering retirement. He's 37 and 16 years is already an extremely long career, even for a QB.

mecha

Liked Posts:
He has a 37 million cap hit and 31 million dead cap hit for 2021. As Probie2429 stated, he not going anywhere. He just butt hurt and emotional is all.

I guess when everyone kisses your ass all the time and the GOAT shows up to your town, well, you know. he'll get over it.

Tom Brady winning amuses me, because people get so mad. I know Raider fans that are still pissed about the tuck rule game. imagine how sore they have to be knowing Brady and the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl.

all those years with the Patriots Brady took less money so they had more to spread around. 6 rings, I think the formula worked, you know. so naturally Rodgers puts his team in a financial pickle.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Rodgers isn't Brady. He can't carry a team to the Superbowl. Erin's window is closed. Best thing he can do now is stay with Green Bay and play the little bitch like he's done the last four years.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
After a playoff loss you have to take everything the players say with a huge grain of salt.

He just needs some space to clear his head and check if he's wanting to return. As bad as this playoff loss feels he's coming off an MVP caliber season. The farther he gets from the loss the more he'll remember that it was a pretty good year overall.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
After a playoff loss you have to take everything the players say with a huge grain of salt.

He just needs some space to clear his head and check if he's wanting to return. As bad as this playoff loss feels he's coming off an MVP caliber season. The farther he gets from the loss the more he'll remember that it was a pretty good year overall.
And he'll realize it's time to start working on his Lafleur exit strategy and bringing in his next coaching victim

DB012031

Liked Posts:
The NFC as a whole is at a cross-roads this off season. If you think about it:
  • NFC East is the worst division in football by far
  • NFC North is pretty stuck in neutral
  • NFC South is old with Tampa maybe having 1 more year before Brady eventually falls off (which he is already doing) and NO is now looking at a future without Brees and Hill is not the answer
  • NFC West is maybe the most interesting with Arizona looking like they are ready to take the next step but LA seems to always stumble and Seattle is not the Seattle of old
So my point is, now may be the best time for Green Bay to blow it up and go with Love and see what they can get for Rodgers. With no real dominate team in the conference, Green Bay could easily re-load quickly for another extended run and get some draft capital for Rodgers.

I know I wouldn't trade him in the Conference but Rodgers in San Fran would be a dream for the Niners to win at least 1 SB with the talent they have, but they have a wonky pick at #12 I believe.

Miami makes sense because they have capital they can give up but still put a great team around Rodgers for 2 more years. Plus, and I have the receipts to prove it, I said back then that I thought Tua would be a bust and I think he is on his way to being one. I have no faith that he will ever be the QB alot of media hyped him to be (Curse of Alabama). Patriots would be another interest choice as well because they have the assets and cap-room to bring Rodgers on and be competitive as well.

More than likely, Rodgers is back with Green Bay. But...If I were Green Bay, this would be a good year to blow things up and start a mini re-build because there is no one in the NFC like the Chiefs, someone that is just super dominate and that everyone is chasing.