Will Nagy let Mitch throw downfield today or are the training wheels still on?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Throw down the fucking field, is that too much to ask from a Bears offense? I like to see a Tarik Cohen screen pass as much as the next man, but c'mon already. I want to see dragons.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy got conservative as the game went on.......first reads were short passes. I assume he learned his lesson and will continue to go for the throat.....the first few drives were great but Nagy turtled his game plan.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I don't know if it's Nagy not letting him or MT chickening out, but yeah more vertical.
Plus, no more gimmicks, and more Howard, too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Serious question, does Dear Sweet Mitchell even seem smart to anyone?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Serious question, does Dear Sweet Mitchell even seem smart to anyone?

I like the way he handles himself with the media, he comes across as earnest and full of youthful optimism. But smart? I haven't seen any evidence of smartness on or off the field. Which is not to say he's not smart, I just haven't seen any evidence.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
People turning on MT after he was thrown to the wolves as a first yr player with relatively minimal starting experience in college and one game into yr 2.

Our fan base is hilariously over dramatic and basically clueless in many respects as to how the game of football is played and what expectations for a guy in his first 16/24 starts should be with the background MT had coming out as a Jr.

Dumb will never be cured, and that's something the more sophisticated members of our fanbase have to deal with in ongoing fashion.....

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
tenor.gif

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
People turning on MT after he was thrown to the wolves as a first yr player with relatively minimal starting experience in college and one game into yr 2.

Our fan base is hilariously over dramatic and basically clueless in many respects as to how the game of football is played and what expectations for a guy in his first 16/24 starts should be with the background MT had coming out as a Jr.

Dumb will never be cured, and that's something the more sophisticated members of our fanbase have to deal with in ongoing fashion.....

I personally haven't turned on Mitch yet, but just would like to say one thing. People keep bringing up this inexperience thing, but he should be out growing that by now. Also, he's the one that entered the draft. He's a pro now. Can't keep babying him forever.

If he shows some sort of growth like calmness in the pocket and leading receivers with the ball some time this year I will be happy. If he stays the way he is all the way towards the end of season I don't know if he will ever be a franchise QB.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I personally haven't turned on Mitch yet, but just would like to say one thing. People keep bringing up this inexperience thing, but he should be out growing that by now. Also, he's the one that entered the draft. He's a pro now. Can't keep babying him forever.

If he shows some sort of growth like calmness in the pocket and leading receivers with the ball some time this year I will be happy. If he stays the way he is all the way towards the end of season I don't know if he will ever be a franchise QB.

He entered the draft and we chose him KNOWING HE HAD ONE YR OF STARTING EXPERIENCE IN THE ACC.

That is the guy WE CHOSE, so expectation HAVE TO BE IN LINE WITH THE PLAYER WE CHOSE OF OUR OWN VOLITION.

If people don't get that, again, there is no curing meatballism. No, it isn't done.....

I'll say this, if we're sitting here in week #12 and it still looks like this offensively, I will be the first one to concede that something needs to change/has gone awry.

WE AREN'T AT THAT POINT YET. You draft a guy with his background, you throw him to the wolves (which I was fine with) and then you completely change the offense and overhaul the personnel at receiver/TE. Yup, it's probably not going to look like vintage Patriots offensively for a bit.

Sorry, that's reality and i'll never be shy about sharing it with people on here. I did it several yrs ago by telling you guys it was a MULTI YR REBUILD, AND I am doing it now.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You people act like Trubisky has a Mahomes-like arm. He doesn’t. He throws like a girl. That’s why he can’t be allowed to throw downfield.

His arms pretty mediocre

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
He entered the draft and we chose him KNOWING HE HAD ONE YR OF STARTING EXPERIENCE IN THE ACC.

That is the guy WE CHOSE, so expectation HAVE TO BE IN LINE WITH THE PLAYER WE CHOSE OF OUR OWN VOLITION.

If people don't get that, again, there is no curing meatballism. No, it isn't done.....

I'll say this, if we're sitting here in week #12 and it still looks like this offensively, I will be the first one to concede that something needs to change/has gone awry.

WE AREN'T AT THAT POINT YET. You draft a guy with his background, you throw him to the wolves (which I was fine with) and then you completely change the offense and overhaul the personnel at receiver/TE. Yup, it's probably not going to look like vintage Patriots offensively for a bit.

Sorry, that's reality and i'll never be shy about sharing it with people on here. I did it several yrs ago by telling you guys it was a MULTI YR REBUILD, AND I am doing it now.

That is exactly how I feel. He needs to show signs of growth this year. I will reserve my opinion of him until towards the end of season.
Until then I'm not trashing him, but I'm not coddling him either.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Was that seriously part of Mitch's draft evaluation, that he has a weak arm? I seem not to remember that about him. I thought he was drafted largely on the potential of his physical tools, the implication being that his physical skillset has a very high ceiling

TL1961

Liked Posts:

The Bears may very well have won the game had they been MORE conservative late, but fans are complaining they were not wide open enough.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Was that seriously part of Mitch's draft evaluation, that he has a weak arm? I seem not to remember that about him. I thought he was drafted largely on the potential of his physical tools, the implication being that his physical skillset has a very high ceiling

That was not part of the evaluation, and is not true.

We have been joined by at least two trolls who get jollies posting nothing but childish negative comments over and over.

Criticism is fine, and is often warranted. Simply adding "the Bears will screw it up" to every conversation is not.